Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Atmosphere at Spotland! 12:25 - Dec 21 with 2597 viewsdale1907

I generally just read on here rather than post but I really feel the need to say my bit.

Firstly I thought some of the things that Hilly said in his interview were out of order.You cant slate fans that go to games week in week out just because a few people jeered. I personally did not and would not boo my own team during a game however people are frustrated at the moment with performances and I think the some fans do feel let down by some recent performances. The Bury game really left me considering where we actually were as a team and the first 20 minutes on Saturday were on par with that performance. However once we sorted ourselves out I think we showed that we are good team and deserve to be where we are in the league.
However I do agree with what he said about supporters singing when we are winning. On Saturday as at most games it was completely silent. I sit in the Pearl St end and at one point I could even hear the buzz of the tannoy which is dire.
I think we really need to generate more atmosphere inside the ground and get the players up for it more!
A great example are the Palace fans. I watched thier game on Sky a couple of weeks ago and their fans were singing from the first minute of the game and I dont think they stopped to be honest!
So come on from the first minute on Saturday lets make sure we are fully behind the lads and get some atmosphere going! Surely everyone will be in good spirits as its Boxing Day so it should be easy!
KEITH HILLS BARMY ARMY!
Atmosphere at Spotland! on 13:34 - Dec 21 with 2489 viewsD_Alien

Agree with all of that.

Boxing Day should be the time to really let rip with the vocal support, from the first minute. We can only do our bit to try and change this ridiculous "disconnect" thing - it'll be up to Hilly to then show that he's capable of understanding what Dale fans are about and putting his own house in order.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Atmosphere at Spotland! on 13:49 - Dec 21 with 2452 viewsaleanddale

Atmosphere at Spotland! on 13:34 - Dec 21 by D_Alien

Agree with all of that.

Boxing Day should be the time to really let rip with the vocal support, from the first minute. We can only do our bit to try and change this ridiculous "disconnect" thing - it'll be up to Hilly to then show that he's capable of understanding what Dale fans are about and putting his own house in order.

Exactly this!

Especially Hilly getting his own house in order the checker bleeder!!

Fully expect some positive interaction from the players too this week.

#teamrochdale

#nofear

#KHBA
Atmosphere at Spotland! on 12:03 - Dec 22 with 2111 viewsTrue_blue

It's hard to get an atmosphere going in the pearl street end when stewards don't allow anybody at all to stand up for more than 30 seconds
Atmosphere at Spotland! on 12:14 - Dec 22 with 2091 views442Dale

Atmosphere at Spotland! on 12:03 - Dec 22 by True_blue

It's hard to get an atmosphere going in the pearl street end when stewards don't allow anybody at all to stand up for more than 30 seconds

Is that still happening?

Away fans seem to stand at most games now.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Atmosphere at Spotland! on 12:26 - Dec 22 with 2057 viewsrod_leach

In all the 40 odd years I've been watching at Spotland, I've never joined in any chants or singing. I might, on occasion, shout 'Come on lads!'. Not even when the football's been really exciting. I will clap, and never boo, but I'm just not that vocal, and never will be.
Perhaps the main stand is just the right place for me.
Atmosphere at Spotland! on 12:42 - Dec 22 with 2024 viewsD_Alien

Atmosphere at Spotland! on 12:26 - Dec 22 by rod_leach

In all the 40 odd years I've been watching at Spotland, I've never joined in any chants or singing. I might, on occasion, shout 'Come on lads!'. Not even when the football's been really exciting. I will clap, and never boo, but I'm just not that vocal, and never will be.
Perhaps the main stand is just the right place for me.

That probably applies to a majority of fans. We're there to watch the game, and if nothing much is happening there's not going to be much noise coming from the stands.

And that's why Hilly's so out of order in moaning about the fans only supporting the team when we're on top, he just doesn't get the psychology of the typical fan. So he's created this disconnect for no damned good reason.

Having said that, we should still try to give it maximum noise on Boxing Day, and hope there's some kind of response from Hill.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Atmosphere at Spotland! on 13:53 - Dec 22 with 1935 viewsBartRowou

Said it recently in a different thread...

1. Choose an area of the Wilbutts as a designated singing area.
2. Invest in some flags and hooters and all that type of thing.
3. Make it half-price for a couple of games.
4. Advertise the initiative in the programme and between indie songs.
5. When the big teams come, it gets suspended but you'd hope a bigger crowd would generate its own noise.

Anything like the above would require someone at the club to show some initiative and be proactive for once. It works for clubs where the stadium isn't full so fans can congregate in certain areas.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Atmosphere at Spotland! on 16:15 - Dec 22 with 1841 viewsWill_RAFC

The atmosphere will never improve while we split 2000-2500 fans between 3 stands.

I don't think anyone goes in the Main Stand to sing, and thats fair enough.

I did 10 seasons in the Sandy before moving back to the Pearl Street 2 seasons ago, but it needs shutting down, or an incentive for people to switch to the Pearl Street. More people sing in the Sandy but it doesn't travel. Acoustics are reasonably good in the Pearl Street but other than the odd cry of Dale at a corner, nobody starts off the chants.

Opening the Willbutts and splitting our support even further would be a disaster. They'll never be a Dale presence in there unless we double our average attendance.

I think our support is, er, disconnected!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024