Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shared access and right of way. 20:01 - Mar 14 with 4098 viewsmorningstar

Does anyone know anything about this?

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Shared access and right of way. on 00:08 - Mar 15 with 1314 viewsSwanzay

Sorry to distract from the OP, I was at my step sons Judo tonight and there has been a new kid there whos father is an estate agent, you can spot them a mile of by the way they dress like a kunt!
Anyway I was over listening the conversation between him and another parent and he was saying that he was amazed by how many mortgages are still being accepted even on deposits of 5/20% and that's on Bristol house prices where you are looking at £250k for a basic 3 bed.
People are still and being allowed by banks to gamble on being in continuous employment until their 70s, yet still will not have fully repaid their mortgage until they are 72.
He reckoned he can put a house on the market in the morning and its gone buy the afternoon, the 'hardest' part for him and I quote 'Is just doing the showing and posting on the web', people are so quick to take these bank offers up.
He foresees another crash imminently, which I must give him credit for, as I think similar big style.
Shared access and right of way. on 06:55 - Mar 15 with 1281 viewsmorningstar

Shared access and right of way. on 23:21 - Mar 14 by Banosswan

How does the detached house next door access the back of their house?

That's just it. They haven't got a garden or 'back of the house'. The only outside space they have is the drive leading to our property!

Shared access and right of way. on 12:06 - Mar 15 with 1255 viewsDyfnant

Shared access and right of way. on 20:43 - Mar 14 by morningstar

Thanks Itch. But i think best left alone. We could come home one day to find a car in the drive meaning we couldn't get to our property. What we could we do? We couldn't call the police as it's a civil matter. And that's where it' gets expensive. Also selling would be for sh!t if buyers needed a mortgage. Leave alone I think.

You then block their car in. What's to stop anyone parking in your current drive (assuming you currently have one)

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Shared access and right of way. on 13:04 - Mar 15 with 1225 viewssully49

Shared access and right of way. on 12:06 - Mar 15 by Dyfnant

You then block their car in. What's to stop anyone parking in your current drive (assuming you currently have one)

From my experience, when I had an issue we went to the planning department in the guildhall and they pulled a map that had everything, I needed to sort my problem, and it's all free.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2016 13:20]

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Shared access and right of way. on 13:11 - Mar 15 with 1223 viewssquarebear

Just been listening to a chap at work who's neighbours share a driveway. He gets on with the pair of them but the two neighbours absolutely hate one another due to issues around access. It's reached the point where their cars have got mysteriously vandalised in the night. Not good.

I'm a "quiet life" kind of guy. I'd run a mile from the OP's situation. But each to his own.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2016 13:12]
Shared access and right of way. on 15:31 - Mar 15 with 1195 viewsjack_lord

Shared access and right of way. on 20:16 - Mar 14 by blueytheblue

Well, the vendor would be in trouble legally if they neglected to inform of any known issues.

Best advice I can give is sadly not legal; just play nice with the neighbours. Not necessarily be best buddies but be on good terms. Don't take the p*ss with that driveway and things should be ok - and inexpensive as oposed to the legal route.

You'd think that.

My Mother in law recently purchased a house in Sketty from a man who possiblt posts on here. He did not disclose any known issues with neighbours, for example a retaining wall which is collapsing, and now the neighbour is pressurising her to pay to get the problem resolved.

I said take the guy to court as he has just received 240000 for the house but she is worried that it may cost too much in solicitors fees.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Shared access and right of way. on 15:42 - Mar 15 with 1191 viewsmonmouth

Shared access and right of way. on 15:31 - Mar 15 by jack_lord

You'd think that.

My Mother in law recently purchased a house in Sketty from a man who possiblt posts on here. He did not disclose any known issues with neighbours, for example a retaining wall which is collapsing, and now the neighbour is pressurising her to pay to get the problem resolved.

I said take the guy to court as he has just received 240000 for the house but she is worried that it may cost too much in solicitors fees.

Citizens advice? Probably a common issue....then small claims court maybe? I'm shooting in the dark there to be honest. Actually, it would probably be worth paying for a solicitors opinion at least (get a recommendation of a good property one though, they are not all alike). Much will probably depend on the specifics asked and answered during the sale transaction, and whether a dispute existed at the time. I would pay sod all under any pressure from the neighbour though...that could also be part of an hour's conversation with a decent solicitor.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Shared access and right of way. on 16:02 - Mar 15 with 1183 viewsjack_lord

Shared access and right of way. on 15:42 - Mar 15 by monmouth

Citizens advice? Probably a common issue....then small claims court maybe? I'm shooting in the dark there to be honest. Actually, it would probably be worth paying for a solicitors opinion at least (get a recommendation of a good property one though, they are not all alike). Much will probably depend on the specifics asked and answered during the sale transaction, and whether a dispute existed at the time. I would pay sod all under any pressure from the neighbour though...that could also be part of an hour's conversation with a decent solicitor.

yep,and the neighbour has got a bit arsey with them in letter context. There was a dispute and that was acknowledged by the former owner following the sale. There was a tick box on the sale transaction that said there were no disputes which is basically fraud.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Login to get fewer ads

Shared access and right of way. on 19:27 - Mar 18 with 1073 viewsmorningstar

Shared access and right of way. on 16:02 - Mar 15 by jack_lord

yep,and the neighbour has got a bit arsey with them in letter context. There was a dispute and that was acknowledged by the former owner following the sale. There was a tick box on the sale transaction that said there were no disputes which is basically fraud.

We have asked the vendor via Dawsons too confirm that there is full vehicle access to the property. This was requested on Monday. We have heard nothing back from the vendor or Dawsons (quite strange considering our offer was accepted?), but have been in touch with someone we know in the planning dept, who says that it needs to be in the deeds under a section of the road traffic act. So far he has found nothing to suggest there is!

Shared access and right of way. on 08:43 - Mar 19 with 1025 viewsSwaneeRiver

Shared access and right of way. on 20:32 - Mar 14 by ItchySphincter

Even if you don't have right of way you will probably have access. Just get your conveyancing solicitor to look at it, any issues will jump out at him. Cheaper to sort now than as a separate issue in the future.

This in a nutshell is the answer.
First have a free consultation with a conveyancing solicitor, obviously tell him you are looking to buy a property, you need and estimate of costs but do have concerns before you proceed.
They will normally advise you free of charge in the first instance and they would certainly cover off any such issues in their land searches so if they (the solicitor) said it was all fine then you could go ahead and complete, enjoying your new residency with peace of mind.
Shared access and right of way. on 10:42 - Mar 19 with 1005 views3swan

I saw this and thought of you

It is the Daily Mail though

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/mortgageshome/article-3493089/How-ransom-stri
Shared access and right of way. on 11:32 - Mar 19 with 989 viewsicecoldjack

This could well be an issue in the future,if it was me, i'd trust my gut instinct(as you seem to be doing) and stay clear .

If something sounds too good to be true it usually is.

They could put a skip in the lane for 6 months and there would be nothing you could do about it.
potential hassle IMO.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024