Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joe Bunney 09:13 - Apr 10 with 3789 viewshowy10

This lad has had a remarkable transformation in the last couple of months and played brilliantly, leading the line at Peterborough. Joe was absolutely knackered when he came off to a standing ovation by the Dale fans. Well done Joe! Keep it up.
Joe Bunney on 10:21 - Apr 10 with 3695 viewsSwissdale

He has now scored more goals this season (from open play) than Ian Henderson. Food for thought given his comparatively limited time on the pitch.

Real credit is due to the lad for his recent performances, many criticise his physique (nothing he can really change), but his work rate is excellent, and is one of a few players in our team willing to take on a defender.

Well done Joe, keep it up.
Joe Bunney on 10:23 - Apr 10 with 3681 viewsDaleaholic

I'll be honest, I've given him flack in the past for not being good enough and for some pretty terrible performances but in the past few months, he's really shown he has something about him. The arrival of Holt and his guidance/advice has helped Bunney no end and hopefully will continue to do so.

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

Joe Bunney on 10:35 - Apr 10 with 3643 viewsValleySaddler

Joe Bunney on 10:23 - Apr 10 by Daleaholic

I'll be honest, I've given him flack in the past for not being good enough and for some pretty terrible performances but in the past few months, he's really shown he has something about him. The arrival of Holt and his guidance/advice has helped Bunney no end and hopefully will continue to do so.

Immense yesterday,was my mom.
His all round game was good and a shift in the defending department when needed was solid.
Great to see the lad getting the rewards for the hard work put in on the training pitch.
As for Holts influence this can only be a positive...
Joe Bunney on 11:26 - Apr 10 with 3533 viewsleedsdale

Can only agree.

Both he and arose were at the top of my release list for the summer, but Holt's arrival/tuition has definitely improved his game.

At the moment, my list of players to release is:

Bennett
Lancashire
Logan
Andrew
RNL
Syers

Also look to release TK and Alessandra
Joe Bunney on 13:13 - Apr 10 with 3384 viewsTalkingSutty

Joe Bunney on 10:35 - Apr 10 by ValleySaddler

Immense yesterday,was my mom.
His all round game was good and a shift in the defending department when needed was solid.
Great to see the lad getting the rewards for the hard work put in on the training pitch.
As for Holts influence this can only be a positive...

Credit to the manager, he kept picking Bunney when plenty of footballing people on here questioned the decision. He's definitely a natural goalscorer, you can see that in his game and as a cracking shot on him. Goals at Bristol Rovers, Northampton and Bradford all highlighted his finishing skills.

He's going to get better with time and eventually will get stronger, I think it would be worth tying him to the Club with a two year contract because he's a player who'se obviously improving. With a good pre-season behind him and if he keeps working hard, next season could be a big one for him. Really chuffed for the lad because I bet Hillys given him plenty of earache (Tough Love) over the last couple of years
[Post edited 10 Apr 2016 13:15]
Joe Bunney on 13:28 - Apr 10 with 3363 viewssweetcorn

Joe Bunney on 10:21 - Apr 10 by Swissdale

He has now scored more goals this season (from open play) than Ian Henderson. Food for thought given his comparatively limited time on the pitch.

Real credit is due to the lad for his recent performances, many criticise his physique (nothing he can really change), but his work rate is excellent, and is one of a few players in our team willing to take on a defender.

Well done Joe, keep it up.

Not knocking the lad here, but why is his physique not something he can control? I'm sure the club pay a nutritionist and provide gym facilities for the players.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Joe Bunney on 15:48 - Apr 10 with 3211 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Joe Bunney on 11:26 - Apr 10 by leedsdale

Can only agree.

Both he and arose were at the top of my release list for the summer, but Holt's arrival/tuition has definitely improved his game.

Bennett
Lancashire
Logan
Andrew
RNL
Syers

Agree with most there Leeds......would keep Andrew & perhaps Syers who we have yet to see on a decent run out.

IF Alessandra is on BIG money we can do better but still feel that the lad has not had a fair crack of the whip for whatever reason. Is he still on contract anyway?

Time to dig out the Contract Details document??.....
Joe Bunney on 19:53 - Apr 10 with 2959 viewsdalestats

I reckon there could be a few surprises on the release list. Hill released Cavanagh when no one really expected it.

I half expect Rose to be released despite his run in the team and Holt will be an interesting decision.

Poll: Remain in the eu

Login to get fewer ads

Joe Bunney on 08:47 - Apr 11 with 2767 viewsColDale

Joe Bunney on 13:28 - Apr 10 by sweetcorn

Not knocking the lad here, but why is his physique not something he can control? I'm sure the club pay a nutritionist and provide gym facilities for the players.

I suspect that a lot of work took place last season in the gym and he lost a bit of pace as a result.Maybe it was a case of too much too soon, but it was like he was running in treacle at times.

There's a new found confidence with Bunney, and I'm sure Holt has had an influence on him. There's a hunger for the ball and he's showing his team mates where he wants the ball. Too many times, he's played like he doesn't believe himself to be worthy of starting.

I think he's been handled well this season. He's been kept back on the bench, and he's had this wonderful ability of just making things happen when he comes on. It's no coincidence the number of times we come close to scoring within seconds of his introduction. (tho it's been pointed out to be that it's no coincidence that its coming close to scoring rather than scoring)..

Eight goals from open play, mostly off the bench, is a wonderful return. I talked last year about Calvin with six goals being the most productive sub in the division, and Bunney's matched that I think despite being further down the pecking order. He might not become a player we'll build the side around, but he's very worthy of his place.
Joe Bunney on 08:54 - Apr 11 with 2754 viewsTalkingSutty

Joe Bunney on 08:47 - Apr 11 by ColDale

I suspect that a lot of work took place last season in the gym and he lost a bit of pace as a result.Maybe it was a case of too much too soon, but it was like he was running in treacle at times.

There's a new found confidence with Bunney, and I'm sure Holt has had an influence on him. There's a hunger for the ball and he's showing his team mates where he wants the ball. Too many times, he's played like he doesn't believe himself to be worthy of starting.

I think he's been handled well this season. He's been kept back on the bench, and he's had this wonderful ability of just making things happen when he comes on. It's no coincidence the number of times we come close to scoring within seconds of his introduction. (tho it's been pointed out to be that it's no coincidence that its coming close to scoring rather than scoring)..

Eight goals from open play, mostly off the bench, is a wonderful return. I talked last year about Calvin with six goals being the most productive sub in the division, and Bunney's matched that I think despite being further down the pecking order. He might not become a player we'll build the side around, but he's very worthy of his place.

His performance at Bradford was the one where he really announced himself as a credible goalscorer for me. The Bradford defence is a bit of a tough nut to crack but Bunney had a great game capped off with two excellent finishes, he wasn't far off claiming a hat trick. That was the moment for me and now he is off and running.
Joe Bunney on 08:57 - Apr 11 with 2748 viewsaleanddale

5 games to go and hopefully a few more goals to come from the Bunny!!

well done Joe... in a rich vein of form.
Joe Bunney on 10:41 - Apr 11 with 2646 viewssandy_dale

Joe Bunney on 11:26 - Apr 10 by leedsdale

Can only agree.

Bennett
Lancashire
Logan
Andrew
RNL
Syers

Calvin Andrew? With the exception of Holt, who is more than likely leaving, who else on our team has any present at all? Andrew chases, attracts space and moves well, bangs in a couple as well. Don't have a clue where you've pulled that idea from.
Joe Bunney on 10:44 - Apr 11 with 2639 viewsrochdaleriddler

full credit to him, he takes a lot of unwarranted flak, he tries really hard, and he is improving. I think he definately has the ability to play regularly in league one

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024