Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Requiem 15:39 - Jun 5 with 10888 viewsDavillin

Unlike most of you, I was not born a Swansea supporter; I chose Swansea and have been a fan and a supporter for 20 years. I chose Swansea because when I first became interested, Swansea was a brave struggler against the odds, a team with character as well as characters who were interesting to say the least.

I confirmed my choice when I began to make live friends with other supporters, began to know and enjoy Swansea and South Wales, and began to make my contributions to supporterdom. I was a happy guy.

I enjoyed the ride to the top of the world and the reward of supporting a Premier League club. I deeply enjoyed Swansea signing one of the top managers in football -- Francesco Guidolin, a man who wanted so much to remain Swansea's manager that he humbled himself to continue.

Now, however, others -- not Swansea persons -- are in control, and that gives me a sense of loss as strong as Guidolin's hiring gave me joy. Sadly, the club's exaggerated monetary windfall makes the notion of new owners "putting money into the club" even more of a joke as a good portion of the windfall will ultimately be a windfall to the new owners compared with what will get to club coffers.

A club whose dedication from Swansea and Swansea supporters, and in particular, from the Swansea City Supporters Trust, has now become the "prize" to outsiders who literally shopped around for a club to buy, their decision based, as we all know, on the relative financial rewards. They now own 60% of the club, which gives them almost total control. They and the share-sellers will have made all the right bets, and won. History tells me that everybody else will lose.

I am hurt and offended by the fact that some shareholders gave away control of the club to people who are fans only of the money in their pockets, and gave it away to fill their own. I believe that they did not have tie right to do that -- legally, yes, but not morally. Swansea City Football Club will reap the rot that will follow. It will never be the same, and that's heart-breaking.

I cannot face the possibility that, after all these years, I could be forced to watch the unpleasantness that is sure to come. I don't know exactly what it will be, but ultimately it will be the same as a pimp getting rid of a worn-out old whore.

Most of you will hang on, hoping against hope that somehow, in time, it will all turn out O.K. Remember this: hope springs eternal, but always lands in reality. I wish you and Swansea City Football Club all of the very best, but I'll take my reality now instead of waiting for the full blast of reality to come, whatever it might be.

To the Supporters Trust, please remember and always keep to the principles upon which you were founded. To supporters, please join the Trust and stay a member always. It's still your only real hope.

To the many persons who became good friends in person and on the Internet, and to the others who always treated me fairly and courteously, I send my deepest thanks. It mattered a lot. To those who remained generously neutral toward me, I thank you for that, too. The rest mean nothing to me, and are already being forgotten.

It was a great ride; and I'm glad I took it. Now I intend to find and embrace peace of mind about Swansea City Football Club and everyone associated with it.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Requiem on 15:41 - Jun 5 with 6134 viewsDrizzy

Another longwinded and self serving post from Tony sanctimony. Yawn.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Requiem on 15:57 - Jun 5 with 6074 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

"You was not born a swans supporter"

What supporter were you born as ?

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Requiem on 16:12 - Jun 5 with 6026 viewsdickythorpe

Yawn!!
Requiem on 16:27 - Jun 5 with 5985 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I love the helpful, friendly responses on here.
If this is the last we see of Davillin it is the Forum's loss.
Requiem on 16:38 - Jun 5 with 5940 viewsDarran

Have a great day my dear American chum.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Requiem on 18:52 - Jun 5 with 5762 viewsoldcob

We've taken bigger kicks to the nuts than this, and not only survived but thrived. You need to have a little bit a steel and grit about you to be a Jack. I thought you would have had it. Re-think Dav, and I hope you will change your mind. I've enjoyed your posts, and hopefully I can look forward to enjoy them in the future. Many on here will miss your contribution.
Requiem on 20:42 - Jun 5 with 5611 viewssomersetsimon

We may be going over old ground here, but do you think the existing shareholders should have held on to their shares until there was a buyer that you and other fans found more acceptable?
Requiem on 21:09 - Jun 5 with 5532 viewsGowerjack

FFS Dav

This is where it starts to get interesting.

Strap yourself in and enjoy the ride.

Where would your attitude have got us when Petty was around ?

And by the way none of us were born Swansea supporters its a lifestyle choice like being a train spotter or stamp collector.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Login to get fewer ads

Requiem on 21:12 - Jun 5 with 5515 viewsGowerjack

Requiem on 16:38 - Jun 5 by Darran

O Pross

Was ewe down the Mumbai wiv Dav in that picture?

Plastic since 1974

Requiem on 21:16 - Jun 5 with 5496 viewsDarran

Requiem on 21:12 - Jun 5 by Gowerjack

O Pross

Was ewe down the Mumbai wiv Dav in that picture?

No.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Requiem on 21:23 - Jun 5 with 5467 viewsLoyal

There's no need to give him any stick, ffs don't sink to my desperate levels.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Requiem on 22:29 - Jun 5 with 5353 viewsHumpty

All the best Dav. I genuinely hope we haven't seen the last of you.
Requiem on 22:48 - Jun 5 with 5311 viewsGowerjack

Requiem on 22:29 - Jun 5 by Humpty

All the best Dav. I genuinely hope we haven't seen the last of you.

Lets have a poll to decide....

Plastic since 1974

Requiem on 22:51 - Jun 5 with 5301 viewsKilkennyjack

I would ask you to reconsider mate. You make valid points - but don't jump after 20 years. We will stand by our club and you should stand with us. Your decision of course, and i respect that. Be great if you stayed 👍

Beware of the Risen People

Requiem on 22:52 - Jun 5 with 5297 viewsmonmouth

No offence meant to anyone but that looks spookily like the two blokes that were in front of me at the barbers today for the oap special.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Requiem on 22:54 - Jun 5 with 5289 viewsLoyal

Requiem on 22:51 - Jun 5 by Kilkennyjack

I would ask you to reconsider mate. You make valid points - but don't jump after 20 years. We will stand by our club and you should stand with us. Your decision of course, and i respect that. Be great if you stayed 👍

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Requiem on 23:53 - Jun 5 with 5204 viewsDJack

Requiem on 22:52 - Jun 5 by monmouth

No offence meant to anyone but that looks spookily like the two blokes that were in front of me at the barbers today for the oap special.

I thought it was Statler and Waldorf ... Honestly though, I hope you remain on the board (even you Darren, even you)

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Requiem on 00:19 - Jun 6 with 5154 viewsHighjack

Is that Ian Brady on your t shirt there?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Requiem on 02:49 - Jun 6 with 5091 viewsSwansNZ

Put the gun down Dav, it's not worth it.

I agree it's a sad day, and the stakes are now so high, that if the worst happened, no amount of local help or fundraising would be able to save the club. Pass the gun Dav.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Requiem on 06:11 - Jun 6 with 5018 viewsMattG

Jesus Christ - this thread takes melodrama to a new level.

We're all (as far as I can tell) pretty pi55ed about what has happened and the way the likes of Jenkins have behaved. We're also pretty worried about how things might pan out once the Americans (or whoever / whatever they turn out to be) get their feet under the desk.

I just hope not too many take Dav's option of turning tail and running just because things have become a bit brown and sticky.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2016 6:23]
Requiem on 08:19 - Jun 6 with 4877 viewsperchrockjack

It's sad to see a poster like Tony feeling it's time to quit due to disrespectful posts.

I d wager he ll still be taking an active interest in us.

Maybe too effusive or floury in language but a very interested guy indeed .

I've seen countless posts being unable to handle his intellect.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Requiem on 08:23 - Jun 6 with 4876 viewsMattG

Requiem on 08:19 - Jun 6 by perchrockjack

It's sad to see a poster like Tony feeling it's time to quit due to disrespectful posts.

I d wager he ll still be taking an active interest in us.

Maybe too effusive or floury in language but a very interested guy indeed .

I've seen countless posts being unable to handle his intellect.

His post is about the Club - Jenkins, Dineen et al - and the Americans. It isn't about disrespectful posts.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2016 8:23]
Requiem on 08:26 - Jun 6 with 4861 viewsperchrockjack

With respect, I know more than you and it IS.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Requiem on 08:37 - Jun 6 with 4828 viewsMattG

Requiem on 08:26 - Jun 6 by perchrockjack

With respect, I know more than you and it IS.

Clearly too intellectual for me then.

Just a thought - if that's what he means then perhaps he should say so rather than only mentioning the buyers and sellers.
Requiem on 09:17 - Jun 6 with 4773 viewsGB11

Not really born anything are you.

I supported Thierry Henry and Arsenal up until cardiff played them in the fa cup. Full on, obsessed with them as well.

Why are arsenal fans singing songs against welsh people I thought. So from then on I changed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024