Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oldham Athletic 13:54 - Jun 18 with 7835 viewsalderleydale

In the High Court on Monday

Faced with a winding up order....Oh Dear!!
Oldham Athletic on 14:07 - Jun 18 with 5884 viewsDySporting

They've issued a statement saying the outstanding money has now been paid
Oldham Athletic on 08:31 - Jun 20 with 5354 viewsaleanddale

Meltdown on OWTB.

Amazingly a few happy clappers - enjoy the ride - football clubs don't go bust brigade..

Thank fook Manchester North End never happened!
Oldham Athletic on 14:40 - Jun 20 with 5082 viewsBiffo_Boy

It was paid in full as was stated by the club and the case dismissed by the courts this morning with no further orders issued.
Oldham Athletic on 15:00 - Jun 20 with 5037 viewsSuddenLad

Until next month.

Bury v HMRC is rapidly becoming their most frequent fixture.

You won't be far behind. Shezza saw the road ahead and quickly departed. Now we know why. No money, no prospects, no players, no hope.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Oldham Athletic on 15:22 - Jun 20 with 4970 viewsBiffo_Boy

Oldham Athletic on 15:00 - Jun 20 by SuddenLad

Until next month.

You won't be far behind. Shezza saw the road ahead and quickly departed. Now we know why. No money, no prospects, no players, no hope.

The bill was paid a month ago, it was a clerical error by the courts.

I would say the opposite; the original budget for the North Stand needed to be increased from £6.5M to £8M to incorporate the changes in the spec required by those businesses renting the space. This has lead to the revenue from the stand not hitting our bottom line and the increasing the playing budget this season as expected, it's being used to pay the debt down. Next season however that won't be the case, maybe Shez wasn't prepared to wait, non of us know his motives, though it's true to say we are all very disappointed that he's gone.

I would argue that our new ability to generate revenue 365 days a year will in future years put us on a much better footing than the likes of Dale who rely almost totally on match day revenue and selling your best players (yes I know we are selling our best players at the moment for the reasons stated above). Thank the lord for the likes of us that bring 3000+ extra fans to Spotland, it like you have 2 extra home games a season

Having said all this, if reports are to be believed (and I'm taking them with a large pinch of salt) then Steve Evans is about to be appointed and the playing budget increased to £1.8M for next season, so who knows what's really going on at Biffo Towers
Oldham Athletic on 15:29 - Jun 20 with 4953 viewsjustanillusion

Biffo boy, I'm told Shez did one cos he hadn't been paid for 6 weeks (allegedly) it seems cashflow may be a problem at your club at the present mo
Oldham Athletic on 15:34 - Jun 20 with 4939 viewsnordenblue

Oldham Athletic on 15:22 - Jun 20 by Biffo_Boy

I would say the opposite; the original budget for the North Stand needed to be increased from £6.5M to £8M to incorporate the changes in the spec required by those businesses renting the space. This has lead to the revenue from the stand not hitting our bottom line and the increasing the playing budget this season as expected, it's being used to pay the debt down. Next season however that won't be the case, maybe Shez wasn't prepared to wait, non of us know his motives, though it's true to say we are all very disappointed that he's gone.

I would argue that our new ability to generate revenue 365 days a year will in future years put us on a much better footing than the likes of Dale who rely almost totally on match day revenue and selling your best players (yes I know we are selling our best players at the moment for the reasons stated above). Thank the lord for the likes of us that bring 3000+ extra fans to Spotland, it like you have 2 extra home games a season

Having said all this, if reports are to be believed (and I'm taking them with a large pinch of salt) then Steve Evans is about to be appointed and the playing budget increased to £1.8M for next season, so who knows what's really going on at Biffo Towers

Your manager left for a club in league 2 so I'd suggest he had a fairly good understanding of things going on behind the scenes tbf.

We are eternally grateful for your monstrous away following,its just a shame your managers can't see how enormous your club is and its potential?
Oldham Athletic on 15:37 - Jun 20 with 4929 viewsSuddenLad

Bury kept claiming 'clerical errors'. It's the normal response when trying to 'save face' and at the same time keeping a lid on things. Bury's accounts eventually revealed the truth as yours surely will.

Your directors should realise that you can kid all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but not all of the people all of the time. .

Do you think Shezza would have legged it if your figures are remotely realistic ? Get your head out of the sand. Anyway, what use is a new stand when you can't afford it. Millstone round your neck.

Login to get fewer ads

Oldham Athletic on 17:11 - Jun 20 with 4787 viewsbiffoboffo

Oldham Athletic on 15:00 - Jun 20 by SuddenLad

Until next month.

Did your dog get run over by a 409 bus on its way from Oldham. You have an almighty chip on your shoulder about Latics. Every opportunity you get to take a dig. If its not the club its the fans, if its not the fans its the players. What's the deal with you?
[Post edited 20 Jun 2016 17:12]
Oldham Athletic on 17:14 - Jun 20 with 4776 viewsbiffoboffo

Oldham Athletic on 15:29 - Jun 20 by justanillusion

Biffo boy, I'm told Shez did one cos he hadn't been paid for 6 weeks (allegedly) it seems cashflow may be a problem at your club at the present mo

Bullshit. Told by a "source" that you cant divulge no doubt.
Oldham Athletic on 17:19 - Jun 20 with 4760 viewsdeeplishblue

Sounds like that new stand shits money...watch out EPL the Biffo's are coming.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Oldham Athletic on 17:21 - Jun 20 with 4755 viewsbiffoboffo

Oldham Athletic on 15:37 - Jun 20 by SuddenLad

Bury kept claiming 'clerical errors'. It's the normal response when trying to 'save face' and at the same time keeping a lid on things. Bury's accounts eventually revealed the truth as yours surely will.

Your directors should realise that you can kid all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but not all of the people all of the time. .

Do you think Shezza would have legged it if your figures are remotely realistic ? Get your head out of the sand. Anyway, what use is a new stand when you can't afford it. Millstone round your neck.

So profound. Shez went to work for a mate, at a club he perceives bigger, for a higher salary. That's all there is to it.

I'd suggest people keep their powder dry until such time as the new manager, players and season unfolds.

There is no doubt that the "millstone" you refer to is a crucial part of the future. Clubs cannot sustain any kind if growth plan with crappy gates every other week unless they get lucky.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2016 17:23]
Oldham Athletic on 17:22 - Jun 20 with 4751 viewsColDale

Will the profits from the new stand go to the Football club or to the owners?
Oldham Athletic on 17:25 - Jun 20 with 4741 viewsbiffoboffo

Oldham Athletic on 17:22 - Jun 20 by ColDale

Will the profits from the new stand go to the Football club or to the owners?

Yawn. They are one and the same as anyone with half a brain knows. But they would be rather foolish to want a stand with facilities at a ground of a club that doesn't exist don't you think. Would look rather silly. If they want to play a long game then that's fine with me.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2016 17:29]
Oldham Athletic on 17:29 - Jun 20 with 4731 viewsColDale

Oldham Athletic on 17:25 - Jun 20 by biffoboffo

Yawn. They are one and the same as anyone with half a brain knows. But they would be rather foolish to want a stand with facilities at a ground of a club that doesn't exist don't you think. Would look rather silly. If they want to play a long game then that's fine with me.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2016 17:29]

Was a genuine question rather than a jibe. When we regained 100% of Spotland earlier this year, I'd have been concerned if it was just brought back 100% into our control rather 100% owned.

it's only right that any move by club owners, especially those based overseas, is viewed with a genuine cynicism. There's been too many people have used football as a cashcow in recent years, so if your new stand is owned by a 3rd party and not by OAFC no matter how interlinked they may be, it should rightly be a concern.
Oldham Athletic on 17:31 - Jun 20 with 4725 viewsbiffoboffo

Oldham Athletic on 17:29 - Jun 20 by ColDale

Was a genuine question rather than a jibe. When we regained 100% of Spotland earlier this year, I'd have been concerned if it was just brought back 100% into our control rather 100% owned.

it's only right that any move by club owners, especially those based overseas, is viewed with a genuine cynicism. There's been too many people have used football as a cashcow in recent years, so if your new stand is owned by a 3rd party and not by OAFC no matter how interlinked they may be, it should rightly be a concern.

Nobody is using a club like Latics or Dale as a cash cow.
Oldham Athletic on 17:37 - Jun 20 with 4714 viewsTalkingSutty

Oldham Athletic on 17:11 - Jun 20 by biffoboffo

Did your dog get run over by a 409 bus on its way from Oldham. You have an almighty chip on your shoulder about Latics. Every opportunity you get to take a dig. If its not the club its the fans, if its not the fans its the players. What's the deal with you?

Bag o'shite Club, with one of the lowest average home attendances in League One, taking pride in attracting a extra thousand home supporters than we do is daft isn't it? Come on, admit your daft.

We've had crap crowds for over 100 years, so making comparisons with us is wasting your time. We get our kicks out of playing nice football and progressing the Club on and off the field, you judge your achievements on attracting a few more fans than Rochdale do, you sound like a bloody crate egg to be honest.

Playing Rochdale is the highlight of your season, it's got to be. Every man and his dog comes out of the woodwork and descends on Spotland like it's your cup final, it's bloody laughable because you never see half of them again.

A visit to Spotland is the highlight of your season obviously, you need to digest that.Take a look at your average home support and ditch the Billy Big Bollocks act because you're embarrassing yourself and your fellow Supporters and they don't deserve that. Oldham had their day a long time ago but are now in rapid decline, that's the reality of the situation at Boundary Park and you know it, we all know it!!
[Post edited 20 Jun 2016 17:48]
Oldham Athletic on 17:52 - Jun 20 with 4666 viewsSuddenLad

Oldham Athletic on 17:11 - Jun 20 by biffoboffo

Really ? There must be some 'ghost posts' of which I am uaware.

I have never had a dog, but I do keep hearing about the parlous financial state at Oldham. If you know different, let's all hear about it and create some positivity about your club.

Oldham Athletic on 17:53 - Jun 20 with 4664 viewsbiffoboffo

Oldham Athletic on 17:37 - Jun 20 by TalkingSutty

Bag o'shite Club, with one of the lowest average home attendances in League One, taking pride in attracting a extra thousand home supporters than we do is daft isn't it? Come on, admit your daft.

We've had crap crowds for over 100 years, so making comparisons with us is wasting your time. We get our kicks out of playing nice football and progressing the Club on and off the field, you judge your achievements on attracting a few more fans than Rochdale do, you sound like a bloody crate egg to be honest.

Playing Rochdale is the highlight of your season, it's got to be. Every man and his dog comes out of the woodwork and descends on Spotland like it's your cup final, it's bloody laughable because you never see half of them again.

A visit to Spotland is the highlight of your season obviously, you need to digest that.Take a look at your average home support and ditch the Billy Big Bollocks act because you're embarrassing yourself and your fellow Supporters and they don't deserve that. Oldham had their day a long time ago but are now in rapid decline, that's the reality of the situation at Boundary Park and you know it, we all know it!!
[Post edited 20 Jun 2016 17:48]

Oh here's the other one with a chip on his shoulder.

I think you quoted the wrong person sweetheart. Where am I talking about Dale and comparing Lativs with Dale.

But yes, I think its odd that you have a problem with fans of other clubs being proud of a spell of remarkable historical success, that we actually experienced and lived. Is it to be forgotten, never discussed? Its all a bit churlish and comes off as very bitter.

Get over yourself.
Oldham Athletic on 17:58 - Jun 20 with 4647 viewsbiffoboffo

Oldham Athletic on 17:52 - Jun 20 by SuddenLad

Really ? There must be some 'ghost posts' of which I am uaware.

I have never had a dog, but I do keep hearing about the parlous financial state at Oldham. If you know different, let's all hear about it and create some positivity about your club.

Rumours.

Like I said, best to keep powder dry to save embarrassment.

Bit like when Shez arrived and here it was "futile, would make no difference, they're doomed now, saving them ain't happening".
Oldham Athletic on 18:00 - Jun 20 with 4644 viewsSuddenLad

Oldham Athletic on 17:53 - Jun 20 by biffoboffo

I think you quoted the wrong person sweetheart. Where am I talking about Dale and comparing Lativs with Dale.

But yes, I think its odd that you have a problem with fans of other clubs being proud of a spell of remarkable historical success, that we actually experienced and lived. Is it to be forgotten, never discussed? Its all a bit churlish and comes off as very bitter.

Get over yourself.

However illustrious your history, it will not get you any points next season. Remember that, whilst you watch your black and white films. Keep the tissues handy.

Oldham Athletic on 18:01 - Jun 20 with 4642 viewsSuddenLad

Oldham Athletic on 17:58 - Jun 20 by biffoboffo

Rumours.

Like I said, best to keep powder dry to save embarrassment.

Bit like when Shez arrived and here it was "futile, would make no difference, they're doomed now, saving them ain't happening".

Aye well, he saw the light.

Oldham Athletic on 18:42 - Jun 20 with 4556 viewsTalkingSutty

Get over yourself.

No chip on my shoulder, not arsed about your history, why should I be? You've no legacy from you time in the Premiership, to say it's pretty recent history the crowds you are attracting are a disgrace, you've got to admit that one. We have an excuse, we've won bugger all.

If both Clubs had to undertake a Health Check you are aware of which club would come out on top aren't you? Bottom line, your Clubs up shits creek without a paddle and you're faffing about on our forum. It's time you lot took some positive action and demanded some answers before it's too late, don't bother thanking me for that advice by the way, you're welcome.
Oldham Athletic on 19:45 - Jun 20 with 4467 viewsR17ALE

Get over yourself.

You're out of order with that jibe. TS is possibly the most balanced poster on this forum.

He has a chip on both shoulders.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Oldham Athletic on 20:00 - Jun 20 with 4419 viewsroccydaleian

Oldham Athletic on 19:45 - Jun 20 by R17ALE

You're out of order with that jibe. TS is possibly the most balanced poster on this forum.

He has a chip on both shoulders.

And a spud for a head..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024