Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keith Welch battling cancer 13:56 - Sep 7 with 11928 viewsFrog

Wish him all the best, great keeper and remember his debut well.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/keith-welch-messages-pour-in-as-former-bristol-city
Keith Welch battling cancer on 20:39 - Sep 7 with 3009 viewsdingdangblue

Keith Welch battling cancer on 18:43 - Sep 7 by R17ALE

So sad to hear this news.

Get well soon Keith.

In an era when we were spectacularly bad, Keith was the one shard of hope - even when he was Man of the Match in an 8-0 defeat at Orient!

He was a reason to keep going to games. When he took up position in the net, you'd think, "we might have a chance here today".

The performance at Palace is still widely regarded as the best individual performance of any Dale player in one match - I've not seen a better one since.

And, I recall the look of disbelief in the face of Tommy Tynan when Keith rushed off his line to nick the ball from Tynan's boot when the striker looked certain to score. This said it all in a 0-0 draw at home to Torquay. Tynan scored 249 goals in 646 games for younger readers!

Get well soon Keith. We all remember you well. Keep the faith - just like we did.

He was the best I've ever seen at Dale on 1 on 1's - the number of strikers who tried to take him on and came off 2nd best was astounding. Also he loved to come and pluck a corner out of the air ( even though he wasn't the biggest keeper ever) - how we could do with that now!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Keith Welch battling cancer on 21:37 - Sep 7 with 2946 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Good luck with all the treatment. Ace keeper, great tash and considerably better than Martyn.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Keith Welch battling cancer on 21:48 - Sep 7 with 2924 viewsHealeyDale

One of my favourite players for the Dale. Always felt confident with him in goal and I don't remember any player beating him one-on-one.

Hope you recover quickly Keith
Keith Welch battling cancer on 22:37 - Sep 7 with 2861 viewsBlueMessiah

Awful news. Was a revelation in goal when he made his debut at such a young age. The display at Palace was simply astonishing. A proper Dale legend.
Good luck in your battle Keith.

Poll: Do I Know You?

Keith Welch battling cancer on 22:48 - Sep 7 with 2850 viewsrochedale

What sad news, good luck Keith. Has to go down as one of the all time Dale greats and has always been my favourite Dale player, alongside Lyndon Simmonds.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Keith Welch battling cancer on 07:16 - Sep 8 with 2731 viewsBartRowou

That night against Stockport we were hanging on for the last ten minutes. All I can remember is them pumping balls into the box and Welchy rising above everybody to pluck them out of the air. Best ever Dale goalie.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Keith Welch battling cancer on 12:11 - Sep 8 with 2620 viewsarchdale

Keith Welch battling cancer on 07:16 - Sep 8 by BartRowou

That night against Stockport we were hanging on for the last ten minutes. All I can remember is them pumping balls into the box and Welchy rising above everybody to pluck them out of the air. Best ever Dale goalie.

I also remember him resisting a total shelling at Burnley on the day we won with 9 men.
It is impossible to imagine a better keeping display than that.
Keith Welch battling cancer on 12:21 - Sep 8 with 2601 viewsParkinsGimp

All the best Keith and hope for a speedy recovery Best keeper ever at the Dale.
Login to get fewer ads

Keith Welch battling cancer on 12:47 - Sep 8 with 2566 viewsMIlnrowdale

My all time favourite keeper, and the reason I played in goal, Dale legend, hope he has a speedy recovery
Keith Welch battling cancer on 13:05 - Sep 8 with 2549 viewsVespaDale

There's always more chance to talk to keepers during a game & get to like them. Welchy, Edwards, Hanneman, Hodgey all to me were great keepers. I remember going Northampton v Wycombe over Xmas in 2000 with my Dale top on supporting them just coz Keith was in the nets. The Wycombe fans didn't take kindly to me in their end cheering the 2-2 draw with a late Cobblers equaliser, had to leave the stand sharpish...

Good luck Keith
Keith Welch battling cancer on 16:47 - Sep 8 with 2467 viewsstigmundo77

Best goalkeeper I've ever seen at Dale, a true hero on the terraces from the young age of 11/12.
Good luck Keith , you can do this !!!!!
Keith Welch battling cancer on 17:32 - Sep 8 with 2439 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Best wishes Keith and get well soon.

Great goalie and his surprise at Dale fans chanting his name when playing for Northampton, saying I didn't think they'd remember me, says a lot about the kind of bloke he is.

You can beat this Keith.

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Keith Welch battling cancer on 18:57 - Sep 8 with 2410 viewsSalwaDale

Get well soon Keith, best keeper we've ever had.

I still rate that Tynan save as possibly the best I've ever seen. Tynan rounded him perfectly but Welch just dived and plucked it right off his toes.

TBBT

Keith Welch battling cancer on 06:54 - Sep 9 with 2304 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Sorry to read this and hope Keith can recover.

Like for many others, a favourite player in my early Dale watching days.

All the best to him.
Keith Welch battling cancer on 18:11 - Sep 9 with 2206 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Spoke to a Bristol city fan who is mate today. Keith has a picture on their site that he thinks is post op and he is looking well. They have also copied a DVDs of him playing vs Sunderland which was apparently his best game for them. It was presented to him today I believe. Anyone here able to produce the palace game on DVD and will ensure this sent to him via Bristol friend. Thacks

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024