Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Congo 21:40 - Sep 7 with 1272 viewsperchrockjack

Watching this prog on 2, were they better off under the belgians

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Congo on 21:57 - Sep 7 with 1251 viewsGroo

Most if not all ex-colonial African nations were better off before they became independent.

If truth be told though, they were much better off pre-colonial times before we all buggered about there.

Groo does what Groo does best

Congo on 22:01 - Sep 7 with 1245 viewsperchrockjack

Wow, that will be deserving of a kicking

Of course you re right

I'm struggling at coming up with only Botswana as an African country thst s not a basket case.

Rhodesia is a country taped asunder by dictator that should have had the bullet saddam or gaddafi had.

Cruelty to animals on a massive scale for profit and warped countries poor but having vast natural resources.

I've been researching O Canada today. Interesting

Congo on 00:04 - Sep 8 with 1195 viewsKilkennyjack

Congo on 22:01 - Sep 7 by perchrockjack

Of course you re right

I'm struggling at coming up with only Botswana as an African country thst s not a basket case.

Rhodesia is a country taped asunder by dictator that should have had the bullet saddam or gaddafi had.

Cruelty to animals on a massive scale for profit and warped countries poor but having vast natural resources.

No such country as Rhodesia.

Perhaps Wales is better off under English rule as well ... Some on here think so ?

Beware of the Risen People

Congo on 00:43 - Sep 8 with 1173 viewsHighjack

Congo on 00:04 - Sep 8 by Kilkennyjack

No such country as Rhodesia.

Perhaps Wales is better off under English rule as well ... Some on here think so ?

It's not under English rule though.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Congo on 03:15 - Sep 8 with 1137 viewsKilkennyjack

Congo on 00:43 - Sep 8 by Highjack

It's not under English rule though.

Perhaps a majority of English Tory PM govt deciding whats best for Wales from London means something else to you...?

As Leanne says - wales needs to be a little less well behaved.
Lets start with equal treatment as per Scotland.

Beware of the Risen People

Congo on 10:06 - Sep 8 with 1056 viewsperchrockjack

Not now killy but look at the context of the text which was clearly referring to the former british colony.

When northern Rhodesia went into Zambia, Kaunda took full control..

Congo on 10:11 - Sep 8 with 1054 viewsLohengrin

Congo on 10:06 - Sep 8 by perchrockjack

Not now killy but look at the context of the text which was clearly referring to the former british colony.

When northern Rhodesia went into Zambia, Kaunda took full control..

Ah! the original Red Ken. Son of an ordained Minister who went on to ban the Church.

Some children can be a bitter disappointment to their parents.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Congo on 11:29 - Sep 8 with 1023 viewsnice_to_michu

Congo on 03:15 - Sep 8 by Kilkennyjack

Perhaps a majority of English Tory PM govt deciding whats best for Wales from London means something else to you...?

As Leanne says - wales needs to be a little less well behaved.
Lets start with equal treatment as per Scotland.

I presume you felt the same way when Labour were in power despite massive amounts of England voting Tory?
Login to get fewer ads

Congo on 12:17 - Sep 8 with 1009 viewsDr_Winston

I struggle to comprehend anyone with even a basic knowledge of the kind of horrors Belgium inflicted on the Congolese would suggest that they were better off than they are now.

But then it is Richard after all.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Congo on 14:41 - Sep 8 with 955 viewssherpajacob

Define "better off"

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Congo on 15:19 - Sep 8 with 941 viewsperchrockjack

WERE...

Have another go ,Tubs.

You ve been on that course, just don't ban me then unban me.

Have some decency.

Be a mod and ensure this site is run as per the terms and conditions.

Congo on 15:22 - Sep 8 with 932 viewsDarran

Congo on 15:19 - Sep 8 by perchrockjack

WERE...

Have another go ,Tubs.

You ve been on that course, just don't ban me then unban me.

Have some decency.

Be a mod and ensure this site is run as per the terms and conditions.

Tubs?

Wow.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Congo on 15:26 - Sep 8 with 933 viewsperchrockjack

Africans were ritually exploited in colonial times and became free.

SADLY ,for them, their freedom is nebulous at tiems given the despots running and ruining their free countries so it could be argued. COULD BE ARGUED that they are little better off.

MANY west Africa countries are in a far worse state than when they were parts of our Empire..

Looking and reading the constant flow of appeals for often basic living conditions there is an argument they are not.

Either way, its a sick continent

Congo on 16:59 - Sep 8 with 898 viewsLeon_Drinker

Do they still drink Um Bongo there?
Congo on 21:23 - Sep 8 with 857 viewsJack_Meoff

Congo on 15:26 - Sep 8 by perchrockjack

Africans were ritually exploited in colonial times and became free.

SADLY ,for them, their freedom is nebulous at tiems given the despots running and ruining their free countries so it could be argued. COULD BE ARGUED that they are little better off.

MANY west Africa countries are in a far worse state than when they were parts of our Empire..

Looking and reading the constant flow of appeals for often basic living conditions there is an argument they are not.

Either way, its a sick continent

'Independence' and 'freedom' could be seen as being euphemisms for Western installed dictators who let the relevant country's private corporations continue to steal their vast resources to the detriment of the local populace. Have a look at (for example), France's installation of Omar Bongo in Gabon who ruled from 1967 til 2009. 'The French went out of the front door, and came back in through a side window.'

Despots indeed. As long as they're our despots perhaps?
[Post edited 8 Sep 2016 21:33]

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Congo on 08:19 - Sep 9 with 817 viewskarnataka

Congo on 22:01 - Sep 7 by perchrockjack

Of course you re right

Why would the dictator of a country that is not oil rich get taken out by the US?
Congo on 11:27 - Sep 9 with 799 viewsperchrockjack

FAIR ripostes.

True enough also, but its a fair observation as Africa is not under the white man s claw hammer and not all of the continents ills can be attributed to US.

Strange Russian colonialism and wholescale rape of countries gets an easy ride on here .

Its a debate, an exchange of views and perceptions

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024