Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Montero 21:02 - Mar 9 with 2148 viewsarnnie

With montero being fit again and our manager seemingly improving players performances. Can he get something out of this player? Who on his day is a handful for any full back.
Montero on 21:10 - Mar 9 with 2125 viewsjack247

The way we play now is based on discipline and shape, with our creative players breaking at the right moment.

If he can get Montero to flourish in a system like that, he is one hell of a manager.
Montero on 21:22 - Mar 9 with 2080 viewsNeathJack

Impact sub if chasing a game, at best.
Montero on 21:51 - Mar 9 with 2018 viewsjack2jack

He's gotta do more than run with the ball,think it was Guidolin that tried to get him to do more and it usually ended up failing as I remember,on his day he can be superb,but those are too few and far between for me,unless PC can improve him further in other aspects of his game
Montero on 21:56 - Mar 9 with 1996 viewsLoyal

This Jeff, yes.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Montero on 22:06 - Mar 9 with 1961 viewsjack2jack

Montero on 21:56 - Mar 9 by Loyal

This Jeff, yes.

That's the one aye!
Montero on 22:19 - Mar 9 with 1917 viewsswan65split

No,
Montero on 22:59 - Mar 9 with 1838 viewsTreforys_Jack

Must be nearly Spring again if Montero is fit,
Montero on 07:22 - Mar 10 with 1672 viewssP7qupUf

I really do hope that Jeff can step up to the plate but I'm not holding my breath. I'm afraid he has had numerous opportunities to do so and has not delivered. A handful of good performances is just not good enough. Lacks consistency and focus on key aspects of our play i.e. defensive duties. Also, I'm not sure of his decision making.... this current injury was caused by stretching and chasing a ball which he was not going to get in a million years.
Login to get fewer ads

Montero on 07:42 - Mar 10 with 1639 viewsItchySphincter

Love Jeff.

Hopefully he'll flourish with a running full back with him.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Montero on 08:03 - Mar 10 with 1616 viewskarnataka

Even MOTD highlighted and praised the quality and quantity of great crosses we put into the box against Burnley and most of these were better than the little floated dinks Jeff usually provides so if we can do that without Jeff, I don't see the point in playing him and disrupt our team shape and work ethic. Carroll, Olsen, Narsingh & Fer all put in the types of crosses Llorente needs to cause defenders problems, Jeff doesn't do that for me.

Impact sub if chasing a game but can't see him being used any other way under PC as his teams need disciplined players.
Montero on 09:39 - Mar 10 with 1508 viewsjack247

Yep, that's the Jeff. Nine great minutes in two and a half seasons seems about right.
Montero on 09:39 - Mar 10 with 1508 viewsSTID2017

Montero on 08:03 - Mar 10 by karnataka

Even MOTD highlighted and praised the quality and quantity of great crosses we put into the box against Burnley and most of these were better than the little floated dinks Jeff usually provides so if we can do that without Jeff, I don't see the point in playing him and disrupt our team shape and work ethic. Carroll, Olsen, Narsingh & Fer all put in the types of crosses Llorente needs to cause defenders problems, Jeff doesn't do that for me.

Impact sub if chasing a game but can't see him being used any other way under PC as his teams need disciplined players.

If I were PC I'd get Montero on the training ground practising going past the last man and putting a cross in, over and over until it becomes second nature.
Combine that with his speed and jinxing run and we could have a hell of a player on our hands.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Montero on 09:56 - Mar 10 with 1479 viewsjack247

Montero on 09:39 - Mar 10 by STID2017

If I were PC I'd get Montero on the training ground practising going past the last man and putting a cross in, over and over until it becomes second nature.
Combine that with his speed and jinxing run and we could have a hell of a player on our hands.

He can already do that well. If Clement is going to use him, he is going to work on positional awareness, discipline, making runs off the ball and varying his attacks (cutting inside now and then).

The Montero we have seen so far would totally stifle the bursts Olsson makes down the line.
Montero on 10:05 - Mar 10 with 1459 viewsSTID2017

Montero on 09:56 - Mar 10 by jack247

He can already do that well. If Clement is going to use him, he is going to work on positional awareness, discipline, making runs off the ball and varying his attacks (cutting inside now and then).

The Montero we have seen so far would totally stifle the bursts Olsson makes down the line.

The Montero we generally see (at his best) will burst up the wing, twist and turn, make his way into the area by the byline and play balls back.
He does not repeatedly put quality crosses over for our centre forward to convert.
If he can do that he will fit in

Montero on 10:21 - Mar 10 with 1437 viewsjack247

Montero on 10:05 - Mar 10 by STID2017

The Montero we generally see (at his best) will burst up the wing, twist and turn, make his way into the area by the byline and play balls back.
He does not repeatedly put quality crosses over for our centre forward to convert.
If he can do that he will fit in

Not if that's all he can do. Olsson is a bigger threat than Montero. It's near enough impossible to overlap a winger that won't come off the touchline, particularly if he won't drop in and cover you when you bomb forward.

He has tremendous potential with his raw pace and ability to accelerate/stop dead/accelerate. He could be a fullbacks nightmare, but he doesn't seem capable or willing to work on his al round game and make the most of his talent.
Montero on 10:26 - Mar 10 with 1426 viewsnantywatcher

Our recent upturn in fortunes is directly linked to individual and team effort. Effort ,up to now, is not a part of Montero's game, over to you PC and the best of luck with that one.
Montero on 10:38 - Mar 10 with 1402 viewsJFSwan

I think he would drive Llorente mad, will he cross, will he jink, will he cut in ?
Also as already mentioned, the bursting overlaps from Olson would probably less effective as Jeff wouldn't come inside as much as Glyfi to free the left flank.

I wouldn't disrupt the formula either of Gylfi, carrol,olsson on the left because it would mean dropping one of centre mids to bring Gylfi inside.
Montero on 11:00 - Mar 10 with 1383 viewsSTID2017

Montero on 10:38 - Mar 10 by JFSwan

I think he would drive Llorente mad, will he cross, will he jink, will he cut in ?
Also as already mentioned, the bursting overlaps from Olson would probably less effective as Jeff wouldn't come inside as much as Glyfi to free the left flank.

I wouldn't disrupt the formula either of Gylfi, carrol,olsson on the left because it would mean dropping one of centre mids to bring Gylfi inside.

I wouldn't out of choice disrupt the team, but it's nice to have another effective player (if PC can make him that) in our squad

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024