Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fernandez, Carroll and Ayew. 14:10 - Apr 30 with 4142 viewsE20Jack

Utterly outstanding.

The rest of the team put one hell of a shift in and were superb. deserved so much more than the point we had to settle for.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Fernandez, Carroll and Ayew. on 17:24 - Apr 30 with 1048 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Fernandez, Carroll and Ayew. on 17:08 - Apr 30 by shandyjack

not Ki's biggest fan but thought he did ok today tbh

He did well last week v stoke

And was the only one who gave a fack against Watford

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Fernandez, Carroll and Ayew. on 17:25 - Apr 30 with 1048 viewsHighjack

Fernandez, Carroll and Ayew. on 16:53 - Apr 30 by A_Fans_Dad

According to 442 stats there was on player that did not put in as good a shift as the rest and it was Ki.
He made not one single tackle, but managed a foul, not one block or interception and managed just one clearance.
He made 11 backward passes and 8 forward, only one of which went astray.
So decent passing but mostly in the wrong direction, compare it both Britton and especially Carroll.
Fer actually did more in th short time he was on.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2017 16:54]

Fer was very good. There was one tackle from behind on a breaking mikhataerian (sp?) which was perfect.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2017 17:34]

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Fernandez, Carroll and Ayew. on 17:34 - Apr 30 with 1026 viewsicecoldjack

Fernandez, Carroll and Ayew. on 16:32 - Apr 30 by Glyn1

Praise for Fernandez from the Man Utd Red Café fan forum:

"That Fernandez for Swansea is a c**t. He has stopped every f**king attack we have had."

£39m and he can go! Was awesome today but over the season has been part of a shambolic defense where a 24yr old has been the one stepping up and taking charge. It's clear he has ability but i'm not sure about his concentration, toughness mental and physical and his game management.

It must be a fookin nightmare to manage the swans truth be told. Cork can be great one week and average for the next 5 games, same with fernandez, same with fer, same with siggy etc,etc .

Freddy looked world class today, i like to think they arn't playing up to the sky cameras and just lack consistancy but strange why the big games makes them look a team and games against the likes of Hull,Boro and Watford make them look a shambles !
Fernandez, Carroll and Ayew. on 17:43 - Apr 30 with 998 viewsNeathJack

Fernandez, Carroll and Ayew. on 17:34 - Apr 30 by icecoldjack

£39m and he can go! Was awesome today but over the season has been part of a shambolic defense where a 24yr old has been the one stepping up and taking charge. It's clear he has ability but i'm not sure about his concentration, toughness mental and physical and his game management.

It must be a fookin nightmare to manage the swans truth be told. Cork can be great one week and average for the next 5 games, same with fernandez, same with fer, same with siggy etc,etc .

Freddy looked world class today, i like to think they arn't playing up to the sky cameras and just lack consistancy but strange why the big games makes them look a team and games against the likes of Hull,Boro and Watford make them look a shambles !

That's why they play for us see and not the likes of Chelsea or Barcelona.
Fernandez, Carroll and Ayew. on 17:48 - Apr 30 with 987 viewsharryhpalmer

Fernandez, Carroll and Ayew. on 16:53 - Apr 30 by A_Fans_Dad

According to 442 stats there was on player that did not put in as good a shift as the rest and it was Ki.
He made not one single tackle, but managed a foul, not one block or interception and managed just one clearance.
He made 11 backward passes and 8 forward, only one of which went astray.
So decent passing but mostly in the wrong direction, compare it both Britton and especially Carroll.
Fer actually did more in th short time he was on.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2017 16:54]

there's always one critic.

every player did their bit today, so back off.

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Fernandez, Carroll and Ayew. on 18:07 - Apr 30 with 942 viewsZZoric

Fernandez, Carroll and Ayew. on 17:48 - Apr 30 by harryhpalmer

there's always one critic.

every player did their bit today, so back off.

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.

Very true, but Ki wasnt the physical foil that Fer can be - and it showed
Fernandez, Carroll and Ayew. on 18:18 - Apr 30 with 928 viewsHighjack

Fernandez, Carroll and Ayew. on 18:07 - Apr 30 by ZZoric

Very true, but Ki wasnt the physical foil that Fer can be - and it showed

Both Fer and Ki have the ability to be top top class players, but they don't show it often enough which is why people get frustrated with them more than others.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Fernandez, Carroll and Ayew. on 21:56 - Apr 30 with 798 viewsNirvana

Fernandez, Carroll and Ayew. on 14:28 - Apr 30 by jack247

The difference between the last two games and the 5 or 6 before is you can see everyone has a clearly defined role (as opposed to position).

I'm wondering what has happened to the lazy, disinterested Ayew we signed in January. Attackimg primarily down the left with Siggy and Carroll, with Ayew then drifting into central positions seems to be a bit of a winner. He even links well with Siggy and Llorente.

Agree with everything here except for the "lazy, disinterested" part.

As Jon said on this thread, that is absolutely not something Ayew can be criticized for. Decision-making? Yes. Selfishness? Yes. But, having watched him for a few years now, he really does have a great workrate and is intelligent about where to position himself in defence.

We can agree to disagree and that's fine, but I think your first sentence would explain most of what you were seeing as laziness and disinterest. It appeared to me like he was attempting to feel his way through a role that wasn't very defined, and was trying very hard not to ffukk up. I think PC has a better grasp on his talents now and how to maximize them, and that is what we're seeing.
Login to get fewer ads

Fernandez, Carroll and Ayew. on 12:51 - May 1 with 684 viewsStarsky

With regards to Ayew's improvement... hasn't anyone considered that he's had to adjust to the Premier League pace and standards?
Looking better every game.

It's just the internet, init.

Fernandez, Carroll and Ayew. on 12:59 - May 1 with 680 viewsjack247

Fernandez, Carroll and Ayew. on 21:56 - Apr 30 by Nirvana

Agree with everything here except for the "lazy, disinterested" part.

As Jon said on this thread, that is absolutely not something Ayew can be criticized for. Decision-making? Yes. Selfishness? Yes. But, having watched him for a few years now, he really does have a great workrate and is intelligent about where to position himself in defence.

We can agree to disagree and that's fine, but I think your first sentence would explain most of what you were seeing as laziness and disinterest. It appeared to me like he was attempting to feel his way through a role that wasn't very defined, and was trying very hard not to ffukk up. I think PC has a better grasp on his talents now and how to maximize them, and that is what we're seeing.

I've only watched him since he started playing for us. In fairness, I must be wrong, because a lazy player is a lazy player and he certainly isn't that now. He simply wasn't putting a shift in for his first few games, whether that was in a unsuitable striking role or part of a more fluid attack. I'm not sure you can put that down to learning a new role or playing with new players to be honest.

Either way, it is what it is, I just wish he had hit the ground running, looks some player now. Only criticism is what I see as his lack of awareness of those around him, which I suppose could be selfishness or decision making.
Fernandez, Carroll and Ayew. on 14:28 - May 1 with 636 viewsNirvana

Fernandez, Carroll and Ayew. on 18:18 - Apr 30 by Highjack

Both Fer and Ki have the ability to be top top class players, but they don't show it often enough which is why people get frustrated with them more than others.

"Top top class players"?? Umm no, with all due respect.

They do have the talent to be good players, but they both quite clearly lack the drive and focus to be consistent enough for the PL, at least as starters. Ki has had one good season out of five, and Fer is staring (blankly) at his third relegation in four years.

So yeah, they're both damaged goods at this point but they're ours for now, and we don't have the luxury of talent to just sit them 'til the summer. But the facts are there.

Truly sad to know we could have Allen instead of these two, and it would've actually saved us money on fees and wages. Seriously. Carroll is good and I like him but Joe is the real deal. He played marvelously against us and he didn't even appear interested, like he wanted us to win. Absolute saint and martyr he is, and he even scored us a goal.

Ffukkingg travesty of a decision by Jenkins, and we've been forced to alternate these two all season instead of having Joe locked in every week. One of the major reasons we've been so inconsistent, and it's HJ's fault.
Fernandez, Carroll and Ayew. on 14:38 - May 1 with 629 viewstomdickharry

Fernandez, Carroll and Ayew. on 17:08 - Apr 30 by shandyjack

not Ki's biggest fan but thought he did ok today tbh

Would agree with that,also get the feeling that Mr Clement has got to grips with the PL and has realised,hopefully not to late,that to sit back and defend will get his team no points.
Fernandez, Carroll and Ayew. on 14:42 - May 1 with 625 viewsNirvana

Fernandez, Carroll and Ayew. on 12:51 - May 1 by Starsky

With regards to Ayew's improvement... hasn't anyone considered that he's had to adjust to the Premier League pace and standards?
Looking better every game.

Good point Starsky.

In fairness, it didn't seem to bother Olsson too much to step up to the PL. But Ayew is younger and this is still just his second season in English football, so there's still some adjusting taking place.
Fernandez, Carroll and Ayew. on 14:44 - May 1 with 617 viewsStarsky

Fernandez, Carroll and Ayew. on 14:42 - May 1 by Nirvana

Good point Starsky.

In fairness, it didn't seem to bother Olsson too much to step up to the PL. But Ayew is younger and this is still just his second season in English football, so there's still some adjusting taking place.

With Ayew I think he had to improve his speed of thought. Less time on the ball in this league and all that.

It's just the internet, init.

Fernandez, Carroll and Ayew. on 14:51 - May 1 with 607 viewsNirvana

Fernandez, Carroll and Ayew. on 12:59 - May 1 by jack247

I've only watched him since he started playing for us. In fairness, I must be wrong, because a lazy player is a lazy player and he certainly isn't that now. He simply wasn't putting a shift in for his first few games, whether that was in a unsuitable striking role or part of a more fluid attack. I'm not sure you can put that down to learning a new role or playing with new players to be honest.

Either way, it is what it is, I just wish he had hit the ground running, looks some player now. Only criticism is what I see as his lack of awareness of those around him, which I suppose could be selfishness or decision making.

Yeah, he sometimes has that tunnel vision look and can deliberate a bit too much on the ball. If that can be coached out of him he could be some player. He gets into some really good positions consistently, though, and he knows how and where to place a final ball.

No, he's not Messi or he wouldn't be in Swansea but he has the capability of being as good and as versatile as his brother, and that would be a great thing for us. Jenkins is wetting himself at the thought of another £20m now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024