Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The funniest / bizarre moment during a Swans match 16:19 - May 31 with 15563 viewsLandore_Jack

What is your funniest / bizarre moment you have seen during a Swans match?

#backtojack

The funniest / bizarre moment during a Swans match on 21:27 - May 31 with 2852 viewsNeathJack

Early 90s at the Vetch v Brentford.

Ref gets knocked out by a ball smacked into his face and Jimmy Gilligan took his whistle off his and blew to stop play.
The funniest / bizarre moment during a Swans Match. on 21:48 - May 31 with 2821 viewsdickythorpe

Ki falling over with no one near him against Stoke last month was bizarre!!!!

But when I was a kid we had Two loan signings from St.Mirren I think it was (one of them was later to manage Blackburn , Steve Kean)
Well the one who wasn't Steve Kean was having an absolute nightmare, with the crowd yelling at him.
I looked at my old man and he was gesturing with his hands to him as to what to do. You know all that moving his arms fully extended to one direction and then pointing where he expected ball to be placed, giving the curling motion with his hand.
This loanee even acknowledged my old man!
Next time the bloke got the ball he hoofed the ball dead without it even getting anywhere near the box. The guy looks at my dad and shrugged his shoulder and I swear he mouthed "sorry mate" to him!!!!!
The funniest / bizarre moment during a Swans match on 21:49 - May 31 with 2821 viewscimlajack

The funniest / bizarre moment during a Swans match on 20:24 - May 31 by morningstar

And the winner is...................

Nothing will ever come close.

Agreed.
Could nt believe my eyes when it happened,and the body swerves when evading the stewards was hilarious
The funniest / bizarre moment during a Swans match on 22:58 - May 31 with 2770 viewsDan_Swan

The funniest / bizarre moment during a Swans match on 16:23 - May 31 by Darran

A fella in a wheelchair getting hit upside down by a Michael Howard clearance down the Vetch.
I literally nearly pissed myself.

I remember that like it was yesterday. I didn't know whether to laugh or not. I did though & I'm ashamed to say out loud too :-o

Still following Dr's orders!

The funniest / bizarre moment during a Swans match on 23:29 - May 31 with 2743 viewsAquinas

The cardiff fan in the pink shirt at the final derby at ninian park.
The funniest / bizarre moment during a Swans match on 01:24 - Jun 1 with 2710 viewsPokerface

'Walter Boyd Boyd Boyd ' Boyds red card. Bonkers. Fastest red card.

Can you believe that was nearly 17 years ago.

Poll: Most boring poster....and least football knowledge

The funniest / bizarre moment during a Swans match on 05:37 - Jun 1 with 2687 viewsdna

The funniest / bizarre moment during a Swans match on 19:17 - May 31 by Vetchfielder

Locomotiv Leipzig at home in the Cup Winners Cup early 80's, one of their players was making a complete idiot of himself rolling around after a challenge from one of our players.

This was in front of the North Bank on the right hand side as you looked at the pitch and, as he went into sixth or seventh roll on the ground, somebody from the crowd threw a crutch on to pitch right next to him. Funny as.

One of my laugh out loud memories too, especially when the steward retrieving the crutch offered it to the player!!!

Also a couple of other North Bank moments, probably just my sense of humour!! -

Mark Aizelwood was commentating in the gantry, following a drink drive conviction - North Bank chanted - ' You must have come in a taxi"

"Legend" Steve Torrey flagged offside - Fan 1 - " He wasn't interfering with play" - Fan 2 - " He hasn't interfered with play for years"
The funniest / bizarre moment during a Swans match on 06:08 - Jun 1 with 2679 viewsswan65split

Colin McDonald.......probably one of the earliest HJ hopefuls/bargains raised a titter when someone shouted out the "ball boy was playing"
Login to get fewer ads

The funniest / bizarre moment during a Swans match on 06:17 - Jun 1 with 2675 viewsVetchfielder

The funniest / bizarre moment during a Swans match on 23:29 - May 31 by Aquinas

The cardiff fan in the pink shirt at the final derby at ninian park.

Ah yes and the Swans chant to him and his mates

"are you Boyzone in disguise"

Proud to have been one of the 231

The funniest / bizarre moment during a Swans match on 06:31 - Jun 1 with 2670 viewsVetchfielder

The funniest / bizarre moment during a Swans match on 05:37 - Jun 1 by dna

One of my laugh out loud memories too, especially when the steward retrieving the crutch offered it to the player!!!

Also a couple of other North Bank moments, probably just my sense of humour!! -

Mark Aizelwood was commentating in the gantry, following a drink drive conviction - North Bank chanted - ' You must have come in a taxi"

"Legend" Steve Torrey flagged offside - Fan 1 - " He wasn't interfering with play" - Fan 2 - " He hasn't interfered with play for years"

This has just reminded me of another couple

We played Hartlepool and I think it was the last match of the season and they'd already been relegated. They had just 4 supporters on the West Terrace.

Cue the North Bank "you must have come in a taxi" to which the Hartlepool supporters all nodded in agreement.

And another:-

We played Cardiff at the Vetch when there was a ban in force on away supporters. The West Terrace was therefore completely empty for the match except for a ball boy.

Cue the North Bank pointing at the empty away end " is that all you take away"

Proud to have been one of the 231

The funniest / bizarre moment during a Swans match on 07:38 - Jun 1 with 2633 viewssquarebear

The funniest / bizarre moment during a Swans match on 18:44 - May 31 by nicky

the Swan "shagging" incident was against Cardiff on Boxing Day 1979
[Post edited 31 May 2017 18:45]

A guy I used to play Sunday league footie with (Blues fan) saw the swan and paid his mate to shag it (the deal was £10 plus whatever fine he got).
The funniest / bizarre moment during a Swans match on 08:54 - Jun 1 with 2547 viewsWatchman

The funniest / bizarre moment during a Swans match on 19:17 - May 31 by Vetchfielder

Locomotiv Leipzig at home in the Cup Winners Cup early 80's, one of their players was making a complete idiot of himself rolling around after a challenge from one of our players.

This was in front of the North Bank on the right hand side as you looked at the pitch and, as he went into sixth or seventh roll on the ground, somebody from the crowd threw a crutch on to pitch right next to him. Funny as.

This

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

The funniest / bizarre moment during a Swans match on 10:38 - Jun 1 with 2477 views1983

Early 90's Swans fan in the NB convinced the police he was a Brentford fan they let him into the away end he then went windmilling into a large group of Brentford fans! Totally bonkers and hilarious 😊

The funniest / bizarre moment during a Swans match on 11:14 - Jun 1 with 2452 viewsRuDeMan1970

The funniest / bizarre moment during a Swans match on 16:26 - May 31 by swan65split

Tony Millington hiding the ball up the back of his jersey, and asking the ref where the ball was.....................he was booked.
Giant pair of hands placed in Dai the drops goal.

The Frank Large incident........Total TwOt he was.

My father-in-law was a carpenter and made those hands...his claim to fame!

..."who will guard the guards..?"

The funniest / bizarre moment during a Swans match on 11:43 - Jun 1 with 2427 viewsBarrySwan

1) Adrian Forbes down the Vetch clearing a ball from the right back position by the centre stand/Double Decker with a 40 yard punt down the touchline into the wind and actually collecting his own clearance. (shows how alert and and disinterested in running about the rest of the players on the pitch were)

2) Many moons ago at the Vetch during a sparsley attended really dire match a bloke walking along the gangway between the upper North Bank and Lower section of terracing after returning from the cordon bleu experience that was the North Bank refreshment kiosks holding a hot dog in either hand.

The ball from the match bounced in front of him on the concrete pathway and without breaking stride or dropping either hotdog he controlled the ball, did a couple of keepie up's before bootiing the ball back onto the pitch whilst carrying on walking back to his intended destination on the bank and delivering his hot dogs to whoever he was with (unless they they were both for him the greedy sod).

It was about the only touch of skill displayed in a typically dour match of the time and raised the biggest cheer of the day.

3) The one and only time I ever sat in the double decker i just happened to turn round as a teenager coming down the steps to his seat tripped and because he had both hands in his pockets was unable to get them out fast enough to put them out to break his fall and went down face first into the steps like a shot stag.

I know that it doesn't sound very nice but it looked so funny ( like something out of the Benny Hill show or off youtube) that I laughed like a drain as did everyone else who saw the incident ( in my defence I was a lot less compassionate person then than I clearly am now).
[Post edited 1 Jun 2017 11:45]
The funniest / bizarre moment during a Swans match on 15:09 - Jun 1 with 2324 viewssomersetsimon

The funniest / bizarre moment during a Swans match on 19:35 - May 31 by karnataka

I was at that game but don't remember that incident. Shame, sounds good!

I remember the incident of the crutch flying onto the pitch, but didn't realise it was that game.
The funniest / bizarre moment during a Swans match on 15:15 - Jun 1 with 2321 viewssomersetsimon

West Brom away in about 82. At half time, an open top truck drive round the pitch distributing packs of raw sausages (promotion by Walls or similar). When the teams came out for the second half, the goalies were pelted with raw sausage meat.
The funniest / bizarre moment during a Swans match on 15:31 - Jun 1 with 2313 viewsHighjack

Most bizarre has to be that Jonathan Coates free kick special.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The funniest / bizarre moment during a Swans match on 15:49 - Jun 1 with 2290 viewsgrabsplatter

Aiden Newhouse tackling Mark Clode was a bit odd !
[Post edited 1 Jun 2017 15:50]
The funniest / bizarre moment during a Swans match on 18:41 - Jun 1 with 2203 viewsjackharris

The funniest / bizarre moment during a Swans match on 15:49 - Jun 1 by grabsplatter

Aiden Newhouse tackling Mark Clode was a bit odd !
[Post edited 1 Jun 2017 15:50]

The infamous match at the Liberty Stadium v Scunthorpe(?) in the FLT Cup(?), with the worst refereeing performance ever known to man and Idraz had to stay on the side of the pitch because we would have only had 6 man left and the game would have had to be abandoned and awarded as a walk over to Scunthorpe.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The funniest / bizarre moment during a Swans match on 18:46 - Jun 1 with 2196 viewsFlashberryjack

Tony Millington nicking an ice lollypop and eating it on a very hot day down the Vetch.
Can't remember who we were playing.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The funniest / bizarre moment during a Swans match on 19:05 - Jun 1 with 2183 views3swan

The funniest / bizarre moment during a Swans match on 18:41 - Jun 1 by jackharris

The infamous match at the Liberty Stadium v Scunthorpe(?) in the FLT Cup(?), with the worst refereeing performance ever known to man and Idraz had to stay on the side of the pitch because we would have only had 6 man left and the game would have had to be abandoned and awarded as a walk over to Scunthorpe.

Southend?

Just to add an away game at Halifax in the 60's .

Raining all game, Geoff Thomas went to pick the ball up for a throw in, and did something to his back and taken off before the game restarted. Game abandoned not long later because of a waterlogged pitch
The funniest / bizarre moment during a Swans match on 19:47 - Jun 1 with 2139 viewsLandore_Jack

The funniest / bizarre moment during a Swans match on 18:41 - Jun 1 by jackharris

#backtojack

The funniest / bizarre moment during a Swans match on 20:16 - Jun 1 with 2113 viewssP7qupUf

The funniest / bizarre moment during a Swans match on 19:35 - May 31 by karnataka

I was at that game but don't remember that incident. Shame, sounds good!

I was at that game and I remember it. It was quite close to where I was standing.
The funniest / bizarre moment during a Swans match on 20:49 - Jun 1 with 2083 viewsEasternJack

The funniest / bizarre moment during a Swans match on 19:47 - Jun 1 by Landore_Jack

It's always Scunthorpe... remember an odd game down the vetch against them where they had a few sent off - sparking a funny series of renditions of 10 green bottles ...

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024