Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. 20:19 - Jul 5 with 11356 viewsJackBishop

I was in Cardiff today at a conference and had to sit with a bunch of local noises. The conversation was about Cardiff and how the lack of a club in the Prem was hampering raising the profile of the city. They were listing the advantages they had over the Swans of a bigger ground, larger fan base and a more populous hinterland. Plus Cardiff is the capital city and is more prosperous and a bigger economic hub.
Eventually I was asked where I was from and I was able to say the home of the only Premier club in Wales and I have a season ticket. I was described as lucky and my parentage doubted. They are really not happy with the situation!!
It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 20:23 - Jul 5 with 7045 viewsOldjack

bless em ,forever in our shadows

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 20:34 - Jul 5 with 6945 viewsdickythorpe

Just smile. They blew their chance. No one has a devine right to staying in the PL. You have to have desire on the pitch as well as off it. Their players were more or less mercenaries.
It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 20:35 - Jul 5 with 6929 viewsTheFranchise

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 20:34 - Jul 5 by dickythorpe

Just smile. They blew their chance. No one has a devine right to staying in the PL. You have to have desire on the pitch as well as off it. Their players were more or less mercenaries.

they were an embarrassment to the red they wore
It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 21:07 - Jul 5 with 6757 viewsFireboy2

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 20:35 - Jul 5 by TheFranchise

they were an embarrassment to the red they wore

As Dar would say

Fvck em
It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 21:07 - Jul 5 with 6753 viewsmorristonboy

I have a mate in Cardiff and they hate Sky, BT Sport, Match of the Day, Soccer AM, Football Focus, Radio 5, Talksport...............................!!!!!!!!
It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 21:14 - Jul 5 with 6698 viewsbuilthjack

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 21:07 - Jul 5 by morristonboy

I have a mate in Cardiff and they hate Sky, BT Sport, Match of the Day, Soccer AM, Football Focus, Radio 5, Talksport...............................!!!!!!!!

I bet they watch the football league show

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 21:34 - Jul 5 with 6539 viewsBrynmill_Jack

They've managed to turn Sophia Gardens into a test match venue for once every Ashes tour comes around at St Helen's expense by Glamorgan chucking obscene amounts of money upgrading the ground. They completely disenfranchised their supporters in the West for the sake of one test match and a couple of one day matches every few years. For that profaligicy perhaps they should have gone under.
If I recall correctly they were bailed out by the Assembly when facing winding up. A misuse of taxpayers money.

They've had the rugby since the 1960's but the recent CL final showed them just how small the city actually is.
Unfortunately they can't buy what they really want and that is a good thing. Bad luck Cardiff. Well done Swansea .

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. (n/t) on 21:38 - Jul 5 with 6510 viewsclloy2

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 21:34 - Jul 5 by Brynmill_Jack

They've managed to turn Sophia Gardens into a test match venue for once every Ashes tour comes around at St Helen's expense by Glamorgan chucking obscene amounts of money upgrading the ground. They completely disenfranchised their supporters in the West for the sake of one test match and a couple of one day matches every few years. For that profaligicy perhaps they should have gone under.
If I recall correctly they were bailed out by the Assembly when facing winding up. A misuse of taxpayers money.

They've had the rugby since the 1960's but the recent CL final showed them just how small the city actually is.
Unfortunately they can't buy what they really want and that is a good thing. Bad luck Cardiff. Well done Swansea .

Login to get fewer ads

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. (n/t) on 21:40 - Jul 5 with 6488 viewsclloy2

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. (n/t) on 21:38 - Jul 5 by clloy2

Good enough for the scummers.
It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 21:51 - Jul 5 with 6418 viewsaberhugh

All my life I've been a Jack from the Cinderella city. Now things are different, my elegant little foot filts into the glass slipper and I get to go to the ball 38 times every year.
I luvs it, I do!!
It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 21:58 - Jul 5 with 6342 viewswhiterock

And "the Bay", a lovely ugly mud flap
It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 23:10 - Jul 5 with 6087 viewsTNT

There are an increasing number of Swans shirts being worn in and around cardiff. That probably drives them a bit bonkers too.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 23:39 - Jul 5 with 6008 viewsmonmouth

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 23:10 - Jul 5 by TNT

There are an increasing number of Swans shirts being worn in and around cardiff. That probably drives them a bit bonkers too.

I saw two lads with Swans shirts getting the P&R at Pentwyn into town last Saturday. Saw them later sitting in the Italian up by the church. I've never seen anything like that before.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 23:41 - Jul 5 with 6004 viewsKilkennyjack

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 21:34 - Jul 5 by Brynmill_Jack

Here's a question ....

Is the gap between Swansea and Cardiff, bigger than the gap between Celtic and Rangers ? I mean at least Rangers are now in the same league and top flight. 😎
And Rangers never changed their kit to red.

You are wrong about the Cardiff UCL between bale and Juve. I went and cardiff was a great, safe venue - from the Bay to the Castle, and the still magnificent MillStad. Fantastic proper Euro atmosphere all day and night. They did it very well indeed, nothing to do with the scum of course.

Beware of the Risen People

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 23:48 - Jul 5 with 5985 viewsmonmouth

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 23:41 - Jul 5 by Kilkennyjack

Here's a question ....

Is the gap between Swansea and Cardiff, bigger than the gap between Celtic and Rangers ? I mean at least Rangers are now in the same league and top flight. 😎
And Rangers never changed their kit to red.

You are wrong about the Cardiff UCL between bale and Juve. I went and cardiff was a great, safe venue - from the Bay to the Castle, and the still magnificent MillStad. Fantastic proper Euro atmosphere all day and night. They did it very well indeed, nothing to do with the scum of course.

I never understand why anyone conflates Cardiff, the City, with Cardiff City, the shitty. The former is a fine place to visit, eat, drink and shop in. The second is an irretrievable losing laughing-stock heap of the worst foul toley in the history of football, bar milwall. And that last point is arguable.

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 07:40 - Jul 6 with 5695 viewsSgorioFruit

Sgoriofruit says haha cardiff

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 08:16 - Jul 6 with 5606 viewsDr_Winston

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 23:48 - Jul 5 by monmouth

I never understand why anyone conflates Cardiff, the City, with Cardiff City, the shitty. The former is a fine place to visit, eat, drink and shop in. The second is an irretrievable losing laughing-stock heap of the worst foul toley in the history of football, bar milwall. And that last point is arguable.

I've always found Bristol to be a far finer place to visit than Cardiff, along with any number of other cities. Swansea has a soul. Bristol has a soul. Cardiff doesn't.

Cardiff the city is like one of those plastic bimbo trophy wives. A lot of costly work done at other people's expense may give it the superficial appearance of looking good, but when you get down to it it's not really worth all that much at the end of the day.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 08:32 - Jul 6 with 5544 viewsmonmouth

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 08:16 - Jul 6 by Dr_Winston

I've always found Bristol to be a far finer place to visit than Cardiff, along with any number of other cities. Swansea has a soul. Bristol has a soul. Cardiff doesn't.

Cardiff the city is like one of those plastic bimbo trophy wives. A lot of costly work done at other people's expense may give it the superficial appearance of looking good, but when you get down to it it's not really worth all that much at the end of the day.

I love the description. Swansea the authentic interesting partner, Cardiff the bimbo.

I like Bristol too, spend a lot of time there for work, but I prefer Cardiff to visit. I like the park and some of the open spaces. Plus it has the purple poppadom, which I think is the finest Indian restaurant within easy range. It annoys me how much money has been poured in, but I think they've done a decent job. It's a decent day out.

You are right that it will never have any soul. It does feel a bit like one of those converted ghastly gastropubs, with its manufactured bay and its sham castle. I do think the football club and the w*anky "entitled capitol" attitude of the populace colours people's views of the actual city though.

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 09:16 - Jul 6 with 5354 viewsfelixstowe_jack

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 21:14 - Jul 5 by builthjack

I bet they watch the football league show

I bet they love the wall to wall coverage BBC Cardiff and Radio Cardiff give them.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 09:44 - Jul 6 with 5277 viewsSTID2017

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 20:34 - Jul 5 by dickythorpe

This is why I totally could not understand all the short sighted people who were saying "It'll be better in the Championship" " Can't wait for us to be relegated" " Fed up of watching utter crap" etc etc.
We are where everyone else wants to be.
Even if we finished in the bottom half every season, we'd still be where the teams from 21st position downwards would love to be

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 09:49 - Jul 6 with 5254 views1983

Said it before the capital of not very much is not very much.

Cardiff is one of the smallest capitals in Europe and outside of Europe not many people have heard of Wales let alone Cardiff. Like most people I have been to London,Paris,Berlin...etc and you could stick Cardiff in the corner of one of those cities and not know it was there.

As for shops,restaurants and days out in Cardiff I'd leave that to the women,I'd rather take the dog for a walk and have a pint

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 10:26 - Jul 6 with 5122 viewsmonmouth

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 09:49 - Jul 6 by 1983

Said it before the capital of not very much is not very much.

Cardiff is one of the smallest capitals in Europe and outside of Europe not many people have heard of Wales let alone Cardiff. Like most people I have been to London,Paris,Berlin...etc and you could stick Cardiff in the corner of one of those cities and not know it was there.

As for shops,restaurants and days out in Cardiff I'd leave that to the women,I'd rather take the dog for a walk and have a pint

Your last line IS my idea of a day out

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 10:29 - Jul 6 with 5101 viewsE20Jack

Except the only issue at the moment being that we have the bigger attendances, and with only 45mins between the clubs - their catchment area is also ours.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 10:45 - Jul 6 with 5008 viewsLoyal

Celtic and Rangers are in Glasgow, not sure Hearts and Hibs moan like they do.
My personal belief is they absolutely do not have a larger fan base and need things like this to cling on to any hope they have of 'being better' It is now a generation in life terms since they could even think they had any hope of matching us as a club. In real terms in the past 40 years they have been the poor relation and only on par a small percentage of the time. I'll give them higher league status briefly. Having more seats is laughable when they can't fill a quarter of them, your ground can be as large as you like, who gives a fck when it looks like it's closed.

No matter what, no matter when the real thing that bugs them is our premier league longevity. A league they have little hope of returning too, I mean look at the last time they made it. Fcking joke of an attempt to be a real football club.

Cardiff City put the ball in the net and get your heads out of your arseholes, and remember 'We are coming for you ' ? That about sums you up, and when Warnock gets the bullet look downwards.
Enjoy Burton away 😂
[Post edited 6 Jul 2017 10:49]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 10:48 - Jul 6 with 4986 viewsUppa_Swans

I really don't think Cardiff's fan base is as good as they make out tbh. They don't have a massive following in the actual city of Cardiff which I've always found strange. Most of Cardiff's hardcore support comes from Merthyr, the Rhondda and Bridgend town. Coupled with the few headers they've got in PT, this makes their support look greater/further reaching than it really is. For a city with over 100,000 more inhabitants than Wales' second city, why is their average gate about 14-15k?

Our support is rock solid within Swansea. We've still got 60-70% of NPT and a smattering of support elsewhere - Llanelli, Aberdare etc. When you add it all up there's probably not much difference. With the Swansea Bay City regional development I suspect our following will only increase.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024