Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Frank de Boer 12:53 - Dec 21 with 23610 viewsSwanseaTID

Odds slashed on him in the last hour, favourite with Sky bet.

https://m.skybet.com/football/manager-specials/event/21636355
Frank de Boer on 15:56 - Dec 21 with 4480 viewsThornburyswan

Frank de Boer on 15:33 - Dec 21 by TheKirkyLife

Very interesting thought posted over in the general 'next manager' discussion thread - Bergkamp has just been dismissed along with the entire management team over at Ajax.

What about De Boer with Bergkamp as assistant? Leon stays on the coaching staff, bet Mr. Frank would adore seeing some of his old, passing footage.

Would get my vote but (1) can't see our board signing off the cost & (2) they'd have to be up for staying if we go down & not sure I can see that either.
Frank de Boer on 16:01 - Dec 21 with 4446 viewsBloodyhills

If he failed at Palace because they had the wrong players why does anyone think he will do better with ours?

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Frank de Boer on 16:09 - Dec 21 with 4400 viewsJoshTheJack

Frank de Boer on 16:01 - Dec 21 by Bloodyhills

If he failed at Palace because they had the wrong players why does anyone think he will do better with ours?

Mesa,Leon,Sanches,ki,Freddie,Alf,Wilf(When fit and sharp).Upgrade our wingers and competition for full backs,I think it can be done.
Frank de Boer on 16:16 - Dec 21 with 4350 viewsJokeren1943

10 pounds on the return of Laudrup.
Frank de Boer on 16:23 - Dec 21 with 4306 viewsDyfnant

Frank de Boer on 16:16 - Dec 21 by Jokeren1943

10 pounds on the return of Laudrup.

Be great, even if just because it’d mean bye bye Jenkins

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Frank de Boer on 16:24 - Dec 21 with 4293 viewsSwansea93

Laudrup back with Leon assistant and Curtis back in the coaching would be amazing, but we'll have to pay to get Laudrup back.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Frank de Boer on 16:34 - Dec 21 with 4226 viewsjasper_T

Frank de Boer on 13:40 - Dec 21 by pencoedjack

Won 4 Dutch titles playing decent football at Ajax (the last time they won it)

Palace was the wrong team with the players he had (some could say them same about ours)

More importantly due to his Ajax connections would fuk John the Clog off.

A yes from me

The quality of football he produced at Ajax was heavily criticised in much the same way Clement's style was at Derby: slow, boring, overly cautious etc.
Frank de Boer on 16:37 - Dec 21 with 4201 viewsLegend83

Frank de Boer on 16:34 - Dec 21 by jasper_T

The quality of football he produced at Ajax was heavily criticised in much the same way Clement's style was at Derby: slow, boring, overly cautious etc.

He's a shoe-in then!
Login to get fewer ads

Frank de Boer on 16:39 - Dec 21 with 4181 viewsmagicdaps10

You got that wrong.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Frank de Boer on 16:41 - Dec 21 with 4155 viewsAustinIsOurHero

I thought his Ajax team were heralded as a return tot he total football Ajax of the 70's & they were also compared to the mid 90's side?!

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Frank de Boer on 16:47 - Dec 21 with 4116 viewsLegend83

'The Dutchman's footballing philosophy centres on dominating the ball in the manner of his former clubs Ajax and Barcelona. In his final Eredivisie title-winning season in charge, Ajax averaged 60 per cent possession.

"Frank has always stood for his football to be attractive," said his twin brother Ronald recently. "He likes teams to be pressing high up and make sure that the ball most of the time stays on the ground, to hopefully have the ball quickly in the possession to try to score."

De Boer prefers to use a 4-3-3 formation in order to fulfil his high-pressing, short-passing tactics, and the off-the-ball work demands a strong team ethic. In that sense, he will take encouragement from the togetherness Palace demonstrated while achieving survival last season. For De Boer, the team is more important than any individual.

De Boer won plenty of admirers for the manner in which his youthful Ajax side won four consecutive Eredivisie titles between 2011 and 2014, but there was also criticism towards the end of his reign. De Boer's side continued to dominate possession, but their build-up play was often slow and unimaginative.

It was more reminiscent of Louis van Gaal than Johan Cruyff, and it led to criticism from his former assistant Dennis Bergkamp after he was sacked by Inter last year. "At times, it seems like he would play a positional game just because he liked positioning, as if the whole aim was to obtain the highest possible percentage of possession," Bergkamp told Santos magazine.

"I don't care much for that kind of football, it's football without any sense. You need to seek adventure. You need to have the courage to play football, the courage to take risks and not refuge yourself in a waiting kind of football."
Frank de Boer on 16:58 - Dec 21 with 4036 viewspencoedjack

Frank de Boer on 16:47 - Dec 21 by Legend83

'The Dutchman's footballing philosophy centres on dominating the ball in the manner of his former clubs Ajax and Barcelona. In his final Eredivisie title-winning season in charge, Ajax averaged 60 per cent possession.

"Frank has always stood for his football to be attractive," said his twin brother Ronald recently. "He likes teams to be pressing high up and make sure that the ball most of the time stays on the ground, to hopefully have the ball quickly in the possession to try to score."

De Boer prefers to use a 4-3-3 formation in order to fulfil his high-pressing, short-passing tactics, and the off-the-ball work demands a strong team ethic. In that sense, he will take encouragement from the togetherness Palace demonstrated while achieving survival last season. For De Boer, the team is more important than any individual.

De Boer won plenty of admirers for the manner in which his youthful Ajax side won four consecutive Eredivisie titles between 2011 and 2014, but there was also criticism towards the end of his reign. De Boer's side continued to dominate possession, but their build-up play was often slow and unimaginative.

It was more reminiscent of Louis van Gaal than Johan Cruyff, and it led to criticism from his former assistant Dennis Bergkamp after he was sacked by Inter last year. "At times, it seems like he would play a positional game just because he liked positioning, as if the whole aim was to obtain the highest possible percentage of possession," Bergkamp told Santos magazine.

"I don't care much for that kind of football, it's football without any sense. You need to seek adventure. You need to have the courage to play football, the courage to take risks and not refuge yourself in a waiting kind of football."

I think reading that a De Boer / Bergkamp combo is out of the question
Frank de Boer on 17:28 - Dec 21 with 3932 viewsjackjackjackjack

Frank de Boer on 16:09 - Dec 21 by JoshTheJack

Mesa,Leon,Sanches,ki,Freddie,Alf,Wilf(When fit and sharp).Upgrade our wingers and competition for full backs,I think it can be done.

How many of those would get into the Crystal Palace side?

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Frank de Boer on 17:33 - Dec 21 with 3899 viewsmonmouth

Frank de Boer on 16:58 - Dec 21 by pencoedjack

I think reading that a De Boer / Bergkamp combo is out of the question

Reading that I think I'd prefer a punt on Bergkamp than De Boer.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Frank de Boer on 17:37 - Dec 21 with 3872 viewsjasper_T

Frank de Boer on 17:28 - Dec 21 by jackjackjackjack

How many of those would get into the Crystal Palace side?

Frank de Boer on 18:45 - Dec 21 with 3656 viewsperplex

Well if it`s De Boer it may be a little late to install his style of play to keep us up hopefully he can pull it off, he`s going to have something to prove meaning he`ll be up for it big time, if we do then go down and at least we`ll be ready to give the championship a real go playing the style of football we all enjoyed.
Frank de Boer on 19:00 - Dec 21 with 3583 viewsRevJames

Frank de Boer on 14:27 - Dec 21 by TheKirkyLife

I was a big supporter of bringing him in before that disaster at Palace. If we DO sign him it has to surely be long term with accepting relegation.

Didn't we say that last time?

Everything the club does is short term and doesn't address the key issues. Changing the manager won't change anything without major restructuring upstairs.
Frank de Boer on 19:41 - Dec 21 with 3454 viewsPawelAbbott

This would suggest that he isn't the right man for the job.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/4438371/frank-de-boer-sacked-crystal-pal
But he does like working under a DoF and not getting involved in transfers too much
Frank de Boer on 20:03 - Dec 21 with 3371 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Forget this guy he won’t be coming with us in this position

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Frank de Boer on 20:26 - Dec 21 with 3276 viewsChippy69

Frank de Boer on 20:03 - Dec 21 by oh_tommy_tommy

Forget this guy he won’t be coming with us in this position

Agree no one worth their salt would come here, with our fecking clown DOF buying the players,and him being down fairwood every day giving you is wealth of experience.
We need this cancer out of OUR club now
cu nt

They make us feel indebted For saving us from hell And then they put us through it It's time the bastards fell

Frank de Boer on 20:29 - Dec 21 with 3259 viewspencoedjack

Frank de Boer on 20:26 - Dec 21 by Chippy69

Agree no one worth their salt would come here, with our fecking clown DOF buying the players,and him being down fairwood every day giving you is wealth of experience.
We need this cancer out of OUR club now
cu nt

You are spot on Chippy ( & Tom)
Frank de Boer on 21:59 - Dec 21 with 3092 viewsangryjack

Frank de Boer on 12:56 - Dec 21 by jackjackjackjack

Failed at Inter and Palace. Go get him...

What 4 games do me a favour give him a chance is it...
Frank de Boer on 22:12 - Dec 21 with 3030 viewsjackjackjackjack

Frank de Boer on 21:59 - Dec 21 by angryjack

What 4 games do me a favour give him a chance is it...

He lasted 85 days at Inter, and 77 at Crystal Palace, so you'd think there would some reasons why they chose to get rid of him pretty soonish, and not give him more time...

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Frank de Boer on 22:23 - Dec 21 with 2958 viewsnyc_swans

Not convinced by this guy whatsoever. And for what it's worth although everybody assumes he plays beautiful stuff, it's not really the case.

If you last less than 3 months multiple times it means you have failed to get control of the dressing room.

There is nothing about his experience that shows he is the right person for this. He is an egoist who simply wants to be in the premier league. Do not confuse a famous name with a good manager.
Frank de Boer on 22:35 - Dec 21 with 2901 viewsJango

The very last thing we need is a manager who’s coming off the back of 2 disastrous spells at other clubs. Palace didn’t even score a goal while he was In charge ffs and some on here think he’s gonna bring fast flowing attacking football.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024