Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
if our U23s played our first team... 23:47 - Dec 26 with 5954 viewspaulv2k4

...would they win??

i have never watched the U23s other than in our highlights (where they seem quite good) but do the people in the know think they would beat our current first 11?

i just wondered if we should start giving them a go.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2017 19:04]
if our U23s played our first team... on 00:00 - Dec 27 with 4976 viewsWanderer

George Byers for one
if our U23s played our first team... on 00:08 - Dec 27 with 4970 viewsWanderer

On a separate note, with De Boer and Berkgamp being mentioned in the press, what happened to the dutch wonder kid we signed from Ajax a couple of months back? is he going okay?
if our U23s played our first team... on 00:25 - Dec 27 with 4935 viewsSwanjaxs

if our U23s played our first team... on 00:08 - Dec 27 by Wanderer

On a separate note, with De Boer and Berkgamp being mentioned in the press, what happened to the dutch wonder kid we signed from Ajax a couple of months back? is he going okay?

He's working in Morrison's on a zero hour contract now apparently....

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

if our U23s played our first team... on 00:43 - Dec 27 with 4918 viewsjasper_T

if our U23s played our first team... on 00:08 - Dec 27 by Wanderer

Kees de Boer is 17, and he was released by them so hardly a wonderkid.

He's been doing okay for the u18s afaik.
if our U23s played our first team... on 05:08 - Dec 27 with 4859 viewsEU5Makaveli

I've watched them a few times and I'm sorry to say none of them are anywhere near the required standard.

Honestly there's a few players in there with a chance of becoming decent championship players (Byers, Rodon, James, Gorre) just to name a few.

But premier league? Absolutely no chance in all honesty.
if our U23s played our first team... on 06:22 - Dec 27 with 4815 viewsKilkennyjack

if our U23s played our first team... on 05:08 - Dec 27 by EU5Makaveli

I've watched them a few times and I'm sorry to say none of them are anywhere near the required standard.

Honestly there's a few players in there with a chance of becoming decent championship players (Byers, Rodon, James, Gorre) just to name a few.

But premier league? Absolutely no chance in all honesty.

True.

Kenji Gorre is 23.
Same age as Alfie Mawson.
Shirley he should be playing first team, or got rid.

James and Byers are both bought in players, so thank feck for big Joe.
The academy remains a big failure.

Beware of the Risen People

if our U23s played our first team... on 06:58 - Dec 27 with 4794 viewsJackfath

if our U23s played our first team... on 06:22 - Dec 27 by Kilkennyjack

True.

Kenji Gorre is 23.
Same age as Alfie Mawson.
Shirley he should be playing first team, or got rid.

James and Byers are both bought in players, so thank feck for big Joe.
The academy remains a big failure.

I agree.

Some of the players who play for that side are robbing a living. Why would any professional want to play week in week out for that side? Surely you'd want to back yourself and move on to turn out for a div 1/div 2 side and build your rep.

It's far too comfortable there for them. Huge salaries for not doing too much at all.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

if our U23s played our first team... on 07:28 - Dec 27 with 4762 viewspaulv2k4

thanks for the insight guys.

thats a worry then, our "envious academy" isn't producing anything.

wont help much when we get relegated
Login to get fewer ads

if our U23s played our first team... on 07:36 - Dec 27 with 4753 viewsJackfath

if our U23s played our first team... on 07:28 - Dec 27 by paulv2k4

thanks for the insight guys.

thats a worry then, our "envious academy" isn't producing anything.

wont help much when we get relegated

It will as many of those players will then be deemed good enough. All part of the master plan.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

if our U23s played our first team... on 15:06 - Dec 27 with 4588 viewsjasper_T

Byers, Roberts, McBurnie and James have the potential to be useful squad players in the Championsip next season. Rodon as well maybe if he's still here. Aaron Lewis is a player I've liked since his early u18s days, but maybeabit soon for him.

If the kids get a chance in a team that's not a shambles some of them will push on. Look at the players teams like Liverpool and Everton have had appear as if from nowhere to become established players in the last 12 months.

If they're never backed by a brave manager we'll never get anyone coming through.
if our U23s played our first team... on 17:33 - Dec 27 with 4468 viewsYossarian

None of them. Clement would have used them but he wasn’t confident they would add nothing. His judgement now seems to be vindicated because paying what Jenkins was happy to pay for our summer signings looks ridiculously incompetent now.
Seriously, the recruitment and scouting department of this club has wasted millions and their judgement is so questionable and their performance so shockingly bad that they should be the first group to be collecting their P45s when we go down....correction to that, they should be gone today.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

if our U23s played our first team... on 17:43 - Dec 27 with 4440 viewsjasper_T

if our U23s played our first team... on 17:33 - Dec 27 by Yossarian

None of them. Clement would have used them but he wasn’t confident they would add nothing. His judgement now seems to be vindicated because paying what Jenkins was happy to pay for our summer signings looks ridiculously incompetent now.
Seriously, the recruitment and scouting department of this club has wasted millions and their judgement is so questionable and their performance so shockingly bad that they should be the first group to be collecting their P45s when we go down....correction to that, they should be gone today.

Clement was an appalling judge of player ability. His selections were baffling.

Not sure how you've come to the conclusion that anything he did has been vindicated.
if our U23s played our first team... on 17:57 - Dec 27 with 4415 viewsicecoldjack

Hmm.. difficult one this. Ben Davies came through when Laudrup saw potential, Brendan Rodgers perhaps didn't see the same thing ? Both good coaches but maybe saw things a bit different.

My knowledge of Ben s progress is sketchy truth be told, I remember him getting the call over other players like obeng to join the pre season tour. Maybe he was always destined for glory ?

Sometimes you need to take a chance on a player,especially at the swans where the crowd will always love a trier .
if our U23s played our first team... on 17:59 - Dec 27 with 4409 viewswaynekerr55

if our U23s played our first team... on 06:58 - Dec 27 by Jackfath

I agree.

Some of the players who play for that side are robbing a living. Why would any professional want to play week in week out for that side? Surely you'd want to back yourself and move on to turn out for a div 1/div 2 side and build your rep.

It's far too comfortable there for them. Huge salaries for not doing too much at all.

They'll be lucky to play non league. The u23 league is a shambles

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

if our U23s played our first team... on 18:50 - Dec 27 with 4359 viewsjasper_T

if our U23s played our first team... on 17:59 - Dec 27 by waynekerr55

They'll be lucky to play non league. The u23 league is a shambles

Recent washouts are playing regular League One football. Ryan Hedges just got a Wales cap after we sold him.

Bournemouth are about to sign Rodon.
if our U23s played our first team... on 19:02 - Dec 27 with 4339 viewspaulv2k4

if our U23s played our first team... on 18:50 - Dec 27 by jasper_T

Recent washouts are playing regular League One football. Ryan Hedges just got a Wales cap after we sold him.

That's interesting to hear. Do you have a source?
if our U23s played our first team... on 19:46 - Dec 27 with 4276 viewsTreforys_Jack

Clement used Fer instead of the U23 right back when Naughton was injured. Just saying.
if our U23s played our first team... on 20:07 - Dec 27 with 4261 viewsKilkennyjack

if our U23s played our first team... on 18:50 - Dec 27 by jasper_T

But the unarguable truth is that since the Academy investment has gone in, then not a single meaningful player has been produced for our first team.

No ifs, no buts...... nobody since Ben in august 2012.

Thats the only measure. Shocking.

Beware of the Risen People

if our U23s played our first team... on 20:12 - Dec 27 with 4246 viewsjasper_T

if our U23s played our first team... on 19:46 - Dec 27 by Treforys_Jack

Clement used Fer instead of the U23 right back when Naughton was injured. Just saying.

Because the best u23 right back was shipped off to Boro where he started further down the pecking order than he was here.

Tyler Reid is a bit of a shithouse.
if our U23s played our first team... on 20:14 - Dec 27 with 4241 viewsjasper_T

if our U23s played our first team... on 20:07 - Dec 27 by Kilkennyjack

But the unarguable truth is that since the Academy investment has gone in, then not a single meaningful player has been produced for our first team.

No ifs, no buts...... nobody since Ben in august 2012.

Thats the only measure. Shocking.

That's a measure 15/20 Cat One academies would fail.
if our U23s played our first team... on 20:17 - Dec 27 with 4232 viewsskettyparkherbert

if our U23s played our first team... on 20:14 - Dec 27 by jasper_T

That's a measure 15/20 Cat One academies would fail.

Then to my way of thinking 15/20 cat 1 academies have failed and if that is the case hat are they all about then please enlighten us??
if our U23s played our first team... on 20:28 - Dec 27 with 4209 viewsjasper_T

if our U23s played our first team... on 20:17 - Dec 27 by skettyparkherbert

Then to my way of thinking 15/20 cat 1 academies have failed and if that is the case hat are they all about then please enlighten us??

Most of those academies are still profitable, either by selling players to clubs lower down the league, earning off compensation deals, or waiting for the one big payday.

You won't win if you don't play the game.
if our U23s played our first team... on 20:43 - Dec 27 with 4185 viewsOldjack

They play fast nice one touch football as a team ,that should be more that enough to beat the first team

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

if our U23s played our first team... on 20:43 - Dec 27 with 4185 viewsskettyparkherbert

if our U23s played our first team... on 20:28 - Dec 27 by jasper_T

Most of those academies are still profitable, either by selling players to clubs lower down the league, earning off compensation deals, or waiting for the one big payday.

You won't win if you don't play the game.

Thanks for the explanation, seems a bit complicated to me.

Can you tell me what profit, if any, the Swans Academy has made from any of the deals you mention because from what i hear the Academy players are also getting paid £100's of pounds a week too.

Eg, Mcburnie £8.5k a week, Joe Rodon £2.5k a week what does the academy bring in to cover even the wages alone?
if our U23s played our first team... on 20:46 - Dec 27 with 4178 viewsjasper_T

if our U23s played our first team... on 20:43 - Dec 27 by skettyparkherbert

Thanks for the explanation, seems a bit complicated to me.

Can you tell me what profit, if any, the Swans Academy has made from any of the deals you mention because from what i hear the Academy players are also getting paid £100's of pounds a week too.

Eg, Mcburnie £8.5k a week, Joe Rodon £2.5k a week what does the academy bring in to cover even the wages alone?

Ryan Hedges was bought for a few hundred thousand.

We've brought in loan fees for Gorre, Adam King, Fulton etc.

Our academy certainly hasn't turned a profit yet. The facilities were only finished a couple of years ago.

McBurnie's £8.5K looks better value than the £7.5m+ we've spent on Sanches, and the £50k a week Clucas gets.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024