Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders 23:01 - Jan 2 with 14337 viewsswanseajack4eva

Well done Phil - a good response to the Rob Davies outburst on Dai Sport. Lets see if the BBC will carry this story like they reported the PR spin from Rob Davies.

http://www.dai-sport.com/former-swansea-city-supporters-trust-chairman-hits-back

-----------------------------------------
Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders

Posted on 2nd January 2018 by Graham Thomas

Former Swansea City Supporters Trust chairman Phil Sumbler has accused Rob Davies of trying to de-stabilise the club following his attack on the fans organisation.

In an interview with Dai Sport on New Year’s Day, ex-shareholder Davies criticised the Trust for “trying to break the club” and suggested the Swans could soon go the way of Blackburn Rovers under controversial owners, Venky’s unless fans backed current chairman Huw Jenkins.

But Sumbler — who stood down from the Supporters Trust six weeks ago and has since formed the Swansea City Supporters Alliance — has rejected Davies’s claims.

Not only does Sumbler point the finger at Davies for trying to deflect attention away from Jenkins, but he insists the actions of the Trust during the period of the takeover by Americans Steve Kaplan and Jason Levien have been misrepresented by the former shareholder.

Davies — who contributed £100,000 to help save the club in 2002 — sold his stake for around £9m in July 2016 when the sale went through. He backed Jenkins’ recent claim that the Supporters Trust knew all about the American offer and instead rejected the chance to sell their stake for £20m.

But Sumbler has dismissed those suggestions and said: “I am bemused by Rob Davies’s comments and his claims are just not true.

“It seems he is trying to de-stabilise the club following the reaction of fans to recent comments by the chairman. He is not someone who normally puts his head above the parapet.

“People will make their own judgements over what has happened at Swansea City over the past couple of years. But the suggestion that the supporters — the only shareholder who gained nothing from the sale of the club — have not acted in the best interests of the club just doesn’t wash.”

With the club bottom of the table going into Tuesday night’s home match against Tottenham, and anger towards the board and new owners having simmered throughout 2017, when the club went through their fifth manager in three years, Sumbler believes former shareholders have decided to try and shift the blame onto the Supporters Trust.

He added: “Some of the shareholders seem quite happy to take all the plaudits for what happened after they came in, but less happy to take responsibility for recent events.

“Feelings have been stirred by recent events and so some people have decided to lash out.”

Sumbler has also disputed the claims of Davies that the Trust knew of the intended sale to the Americans as early as March 2016 and were not kept in the dark by the selling shareholders.

He added: “It is simply not true to state that there was a meeting in March 2016, outside of those already outlined by the Trust, and it is laughable that there has been a claim that there was a £20m offer made for the Trust’s shares.

“It is frustrating that whilst the supporters’ organisations are dealing with facts and evidence, the media is allowing other shareholders to make untrue allegations unchallenged and with no substance or proof.

“I have no doubt that this is part of a coordinated and concerted campaign by the former shareholders to discredit the Trust and others who were involved at the time but are no longer part of the Trust board. But the facts are there, and I am sure that the fans will judge these based on what they see and hear which is all that can be asked for.

“The simple fact is that there was clear collusion between the sellers to keep the particulars of the sale away from the Trust until matters were virtually complete and no amount of revisionism will ever change that.”
Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 11:32 - Jan 3 with 2085 viewsPhil_S

Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 10:15 - Jan 3 by chad

Sumbler has also disputed the claims of Davies that the Trust knew of the intended sale to the Americans as early as March 2016

Phil the above is from the article - but not a direct quote from you

Wasn't March 2016 when we actually did find out?

If so I presume they have got confused with the point you were making - probably about the meeting. But perhaps need to get them to correct this or could be open to accusation of lies from the other side.

Good call will do

It’s worth noting as well that this isn’t being done off the back of an ego or agenda that is against the trust - indeed it was discussed with them first. Indeed it’s worth remembering why this happened and who put it into the public domain

Just saying

Oh and if we go down then it won’t be my fault 😂

This post has been edited by an administrator
Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 11:35 - Jan 3 with 2067 viewsSwanseajill

Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 11:07 - Jan 3 by whoflungdung

Watching and listening to home crowds ,it seems they ve accepted relegation already

Atmosphere is commotose .

Players pick up on this . We had a good following at Watford and the result was obvious and great to see.

This in fighting is truly pitiful as

1. The owners won't becarsed in any way and

2. Neither will Jenkins who ll go when he s ready . Meanwhile our club is in HIS hands

All I would say is let's not have apathy

Atmosphere was good last night considering the terrible conditions inside the ground.

First time I've considered (when walking to the ground in appalling conditions) turning around and watching it on a TV somewhere.

I'm sure 99% of fans want us to stay in the Prem, and the results that we've had ....is not due to fans apathy, but due to the quality of the squad and the complete disregard of the selling shareholders towards the fans of this club.

Please Richie, do not blame this awful predicament on the fans.
Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 11:40 - Jan 3 with 2051 viewsPhil_S

Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 11:26 - Jan 3 by trampie

The people heading up the new supporters group should not be ex trust officials.

They don’t . None of them
Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 11:44 - Jan 3 with 2030 viewsSwanseajill

Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 11:32 - Jan 3 by Phil_S

Good call will do

It’s worth noting as well that this isn’t being done off the back of an ego or agenda that is against the trust - indeed it was discussed with them first. Indeed it’s worth remembering why this happened and who put it into the public domain

Just saying

Oh and if we go down then it won’t be my fault 😂

This post has been edited by an administrator

Well everyone and their uncle has had the blame.

You need to take your turn.😉
Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 11:53 - Jan 3 with 1994 viewsUxbridge

It's worth noting the reason why the Trust released what it did over the weekend. It was simply a reaction to the Jenkins interview which stated a number of facts which were very easy to disprove (ditto Davies' comments).

If he'd chosen to focus on doing his job then this wouldn't have spiraled. I'd love to know what his mindset was on that, not even 24 hours after Carvalhal was appointed. .

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 12:17 - Jan 3 with 1916 viewsTheResurrection

Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 11:19 - Jan 3 by Darran

Yes if we get relegated it’ll be all Phil Sumblers fault.

Get your head out of Jenkins arse FFS.

Mine isn't up there you down on your luck vile creature.

Jenkins can fack off.

But not now, not when we need to unite on the pitch.

Now fack off

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 12:19 - Jan 3 with 1904 viewsTheResurrection

Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 11:53 - Jan 3 by Uxbridge

It's worth noting the reason why the Trust released what it did over the weekend. It was simply a reaction to the Jenkins interview which stated a number of facts which were very easy to disprove (ditto Davies' comments).

If he'd chosen to focus on doing his job then this wouldn't have spiraled. I'd love to know what his mindset was on that, not even 24 hours after Carvalhal was appointed. .

I agree with the statement. It was long, long overdue.

Well done.

But now move on to the more pressing commitments. If you need to speak up again though, do so, but the protest groups will kill us.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 12:31 - Jan 3 with 1857 viewspencoedjack

Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 12:19 - Jan 3 by TheResurrection

Well done.

But now move on to the more pressing commitments. If you need to speak up again though, do so, but the protest groups will kill us.

It’s all about opinions Chris but personally I believe those who sold us to an American hedge fund killed us
Login to get fewer ads

Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 12:31 - Jan 3 with 1853 viewsDarran

Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 12:17 - Jan 3 by TheResurrection

Mine isn't up there you down on your luck vile creature.

Jenkins can fack off.

But not now, not when we need to unite on the pitch.

Now fack off

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 12:33 - Jan 3 with 1848 viewsBigPhilG

Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 12:19 - Jan 3 by TheResurrection

Well done.

I really thought you'd have been in one of the protest groups given the passion you've obviously got for the club
Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 12:35 - Jan 3 with 1842 viewsTheResurrection

Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 12:31 - Jan 3 by pencoedjack

It’s all about opinions Chris but personally I believe those who sold us to an American hedge fund killed us

That was then Mark. That's been well documented and blame has been pointed in many directions.

That's where opinions stop.

Focussing on staying in this league shouldn't be down to opinions. You don't get that with toxic atmospheres

Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 12:37 - Jan 3 with 1835 viewsTheResurrection

Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 12:33 - Jan 3 by BigPhilG

I really thought you'd have been in one of the protest groups given the passion you've obviously got for the club

The Trust can be the protest group I want it to be.

Instead Phil has decided otherwise and Darren is doing his best to cover up his mess....Again.!!!!

Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 12:38 - Jan 3 with 1830 viewsUxbridge

Well done.

As it stands, I guess the substantial difference between the Trust and SCSA/Union on this specific issue at this time is the calls for protest regarding Jenkins during the game. To be honest, I'm more in the school of get behind the players during game time (at least whilst the result is in doubt), but outside that is fair game. However, if others want to express that differently, they have every right to do so, and others have every right to comment.

The Trust focus for me is clear ... resolve the shareholding issue and resolve the issues surrounding the running the club over the last few years, with the ultimate aim of ensuring the club is operating in the way we all want it to, while giving us every chance of remaining in the top flight.

Whilst some of that will be played out publicly if only because we need to communicate with the members, how messy that gets will depend on the actions of others. If we have a repeat of last week's interview, then the Trust can't be expected to stand idly by and leave incorrect statements uncorrected.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2018 12:39]

Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 12:40 - Jan 3 with 1816 viewsBigPhilG

Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 12:37 - Jan 3 by TheResurrection

Instead Phil has decided otherwise and Darren is doing his best to cover up his mess....Again.!!!!

Ok fair enough I can see that and I do hope the trust now gave a rethink about selling the shares given the recent statement against Jenkins
Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 12:47 - Jan 3 with 1784 viewswhoflungdung

Lorraine
I'm not .just stating my opinion that some have already accepted relegation .

No way is that home crowd uplifting .

It can be so much better

The Atmosphere first half sounded dead and defeatist .

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 12:47 - Jan 3 with 1783 viewsTheResurrection

Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 12:38 - Jan 3 by Uxbridge

As it stands, I guess the substantial difference between the Trust and SCSA/Union on this specific issue at this time is the calls for protest regarding Jenkins during the game. To be honest, I'm more in the school of get behind the players during game time (at least whilst the result is in doubt), but outside that is fair game. However, if others want to express that differently, they have every right to do so, and others have every right to comment.

The Trust focus for me is clear ... resolve the shareholding issue and resolve the issues surrounding the running the club over the last few years, with the ultimate aim of ensuring the club is operating in the way we all want it to, while giving us every chance of remaining in the top flight.

Whilst some of that will be played out publicly if only because we need to communicate with the members, how messy that gets will depend on the actions of others. If we have a repeat of last week's interview, then the Trust can't be expected to stand idly by and leave incorrect statements uncorrected.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2018 12:39]

Empowering the simpleton fans to turn toxic the first sign of slow play isn't going to help under any circumstances.

Get that right.

Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 12:50 - Jan 3 with 1759 viewsNookiejack

Playing Devils advocate

1. The Trust Board didn’t want to sell their shares in respect of Yanks v1.0 deal and effectively blocked it.

2. The Trust Board were made aware that a deal was in the offing in March 2016.

So could they have said at that point we want to sell?

If the Selling Shareholders did not receive a response from the Trust Board about whether they wanted to sell post March 2016 and given the Trust Board effectively blocked Yanks v1.0 - then wasn’t it fair for the Selling Shareholders to assume that the Trust Board didn’t want to sell.

The Trust Board now have egg on their faces - as they never wanted to sell and assumed we would stay in the PL for ever.

In increasingly likely relegation scenario looks like they have blown £20m.
Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 12:55 - Jan 3 with 1735 viewsDarran

Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 12:37 - Jan 3 by TheResurrection

If you want to be a clever cùnt Christopher I will always be a cleverer cùnt.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/184939/huw-jenkins-your

Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 12:56 - Jan 3 with 1731 viewsbluenile

Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 00:17 - Jan 3 by TheResurrection

I wish they would all just shut up and stop putting their pathetic ego's in front of our survival chances.

What's wrong with Phil like, needs to have his name mentioned somewhere also.

There's a half season to get on with FFS

Fair play, of all the puddings on here, you're the chief..................

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 12:58 - Jan 3 with 1718 viewsDarran

What about this one? We need him for our transfer business see.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/186625/jenkins-comments
[Post edited 3 Jan 2018 12:58]

Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 13:01 - Jan 3 with 1699 viewsDarran

Then there’s this one.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/192847/its-not-clements

Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 13:04 - Jan 3 with 1686 viewsUxbridge

Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 12:50 - Jan 3 by Nookiejack

Playing Devils advocate

1. The Trust Board didn’t want to sell their shares in respect of Yanks v1.0 deal and effectively blocked it.

2. The Trust Board were made aware that a deal was in the offing in March 2016.

So could they have said at that point we want to sell?

If the Selling Shareholders did not receive a response from the Trust Board about whether they wanted to sell post March 2016 and given the Trust Board effectively blocked Yanks v1.0 - then wasn’t it fair for the Selling Shareholders to assume that the Trust Board didn’t want to sell.

The Trust Board now have egg on their faces - as they never wanted to sell and assumed we would stay in the PL for ever.

In increasingly likely relegation scenario looks like they have blown £20m.

That's just nonsense. There's a letter in the public domain dated 19th March 2016 from the Trust to the selling shareholders requesting a) details of the deal and b) stating that all options would be considered, including a sale of the Trust shares.

At least read the detail out there mun before spouting such nonsense.

Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 13:05 - Jan 3 with 1681 viewschad

Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 11:53 - Jan 3 by Uxbridge

I totally agree. He is losing it - he is very frightened about something

Perhaps what will come out and what it will cost his reputation and well padded pocket in the case of litigation, which looks a reality once again

Although much of his comments also used misdirection - you know, that well known tool used to misrepresent the facts when you want to impress your view on people

Of course we did know about the deal - as was patently obvious, and repeatedly made clear by us (but we did not know until March, when - as I said to Jason after he had admitted that - so very much had already been done to sew it up between them)
Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 13:15 - Jan 3 with 1640 viewsdonkonky

Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 13:05 - Jan 3 by chad

Perhaps what will come out and what it will cost his reputation and well padded pocket in the case of litigation, which looks a reality once again

Although much of his comments also used misdirection - you know, that well known tool used to misrepresent the facts when you want to impress your view on people

Of course we did know about the deal - as was patently obvious, and repeatedly made clear by us (but we did not know until March, when - as I said to Jason after he had admitted that - so very much had already been done to sew it up between them)

Getting back to the topic of litigation, has there been any news on the next Trust AGM date? With recent events happening at such a pace this should be at the top of a to list.
Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 13:21 - Jan 3 with 1607 viewsUxbridge

Former Swansea City Supporters Trust Chairman Hits Back At Selling Shareholders on 13:05 - Jan 3 by chad

More than happy to talk misdirection with you Spratty

I hope Nookie is paying attention though. A lot of this was said last year, by the Trust and also, as you point out, by Levien.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024