Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Overachieving has caught up with us. 23:18 - Jan 25 with 8196 viewsToffeemanc

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42818944

Guess this is an interview Hilly has done this week as part of the build up to the cup game. Seems a pretty fair assessment and acceptance of our current situation to me.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Overachieving has caught up with us. on 19:05 - Jan 26 with 1994 viewsD_Alien

Overachieving has caught up with us. on 19:02 - Jan 26 by rochdale_ranger

Never thought I would describe Hill or a Keith Hill team as spineless but that is the word I would use for him/them this season. Where has his hunger and passion gone for the gold standard he has given us over the last few seasons. One of the other problems is he is held up as a messiah like figure and many on here believe we will go down and bounce straight back up, none of our current squad would get in a Steve Parkin team.

Many of our current squad were in with a shout of the L1 playoffs going into the final game of last season

What was Parkin's best finish whilst at Dale?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Overachieving has caught up with us. on 19:25 - Jan 26 with 1948 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Overachieving has caught up with us. on 07:57 - Jan 26 by DerekHall5

I'm sick of Hill using the term 'overachieving'. We've heard it that many times from him now it's like a ready made excuse for him when we get beat. He might as well just say 'it doesn't matter that we got beat again because we don't deserve to be in this league'. This must get into the mind set of the players aswell.

Spot On!

How does the saying go? If you repeat a lie often enough, you then believe it to be the truth?

Still not knowing his best side or formation, signing Brown and continually playing Jim are just a few of the reasons we have been shocking this season.

His interviews, mentality and brand of football are the exact opposite of what got him the job in the first place.

Keith Hill deserves the chance to put it right, but he also needs to be honest and ask himself is his heart still in the job.

I really do hope that it is!

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Overachieving has caught up with us. on 07:55 - Jan 27 with 1754 viewsPotterDale

Never thought I would describe Hill or a Keith Hill team as spineless but that is the word I would use for him/them this season. Where has his hunger and passion gone for the gold standard he has given us over the last few seasons. One of the other problems is he is held up as a messiah like figure and many on here believe we will go down and bounce straight back up, none of our current squad would get in a Steve Parkin team.

That's now twice I've seen you mention that arsehole in threads, saying our current players wouldn't get in one of his teams. I wouldn't (and didn't 2nd time around) want to watch one of his teams. These players are better than 80% of the dross that man presented us with, especially on his return. A few exceptions aside of course before you start reeling a list off. I am dismayed you are even drawing comparisons, unless of course it's just to be controversial.
Overachieving has caught up with us. on 08:04 - Jan 27 with 1740 viewsnordenblue

Order me a case of whatever you've been supping.....
Overachieving has caught up with us. on 08:54 - Jan 27 with 1686 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

I don`t remember Hill playing so many players out of position when we were overachieving and we still had what I thought was the odd donkey playing in the team. So has our slump got more to do with the manager having lost the plot? He doesn`t come across as the sort of manager to hold his hands up and accept the blame lies with him.
Overachieving has caught up with us. on 09:33 - Jan 27 with 1640 viewsNorthernDale

I would agree with the basics of the argument put forward by Keith based on our fan base, which as improved and increased from the 1980's, but is still low in comparison to other clubs.

However I would say that KH recruitment policy this year as been poor in that some players seem out of their depth and the problem with one or two you can cope, but with half a dozen in the squad you cannot cope.

I would also agree that his player position as times as been baffling to say the least and his tactics also need to be examined. How many times have we gone in front and instead going for more goals to kill the game off, we sit back and invite teams to attack us. This is one reason we have 10 draws this season, which is more then any other team to my knowledge in the league and the points lost could be the difference between league 1 safety and a return to league 2.

I feel we have many league 1 standard players in the squad: i,e. Lillis, Rafferty, McGahey, Daniels, Camps, Cannon, Rathbone, Henderson and Done, so we have the players to continue to over achieve. So it is more then just we have overachieved and it as caught us up attitude, we must highlight his team selection and tactics as part of the failure.
Overachieving has caught up with us. on 10:03 - Jan 27 with 1602 viewsblackvincent

Overachieving has caught up with us. on 09:33 - Jan 27 by NorthernDale

I would agree with the basics of the argument put forward by Keith based on our fan base, which as improved and increased from the 1980's, but is still low in comparison to other clubs.

However I would say that KH recruitment policy this year as been poor in that some players seem out of their depth and the problem with one or two you can cope, but with half a dozen in the squad you cannot cope.

I would also agree that his player position as times as been baffling to say the least and his tactics also need to be examined. How many times have we gone in front and instead going for more goals to kill the game off, we sit back and invite teams to attack us. This is one reason we have 10 draws this season, which is more then any other team to my knowledge in the league and the points lost could be the difference between league 1 safety and a return to league 2.

I feel we have many league 1 standard players in the squad: i,e. Lillis, Rafferty, McGahey, Daniels, Camps, Cannon, Rathbone, Henderson and Done, so we have the players to continue to over achieve. So it is more then just we have overachieved and it as caught us up attitude, we must highlight his team selection and tactics as part of the failure.

Huge respect for what Keith Hill has achieved on behalf of us all. He has brought the best years any of us have experienced and I was there in '69. However, I think you're spot on with what you say. The tactics, the negative 'game management', the team selection, the playing of players in inappropriate positions, the failings in recruitment, the mystery behind players appearing and disappearing and the number of games either drawn or lost from winning positions often late on.......can't help returning to the Fleetwood game as a classic example, there are several others. Its almost as if Keith was in a state of overconfident hubris but this is a dangerous place to be, as we are seeing to our cost. Openness, honesty and graft needed now, no excuses. Come on the Dale.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024