Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I think it has finally clicked for most... 17:03 - Apr 7 with 12237 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

That these draws and performances away from home weren't gutsy, they weren't well earned points; they were all horrific performances where we were very fortunate to escape with a point, or in some cases only a 2 or 3 goal deficit.

EVERY away game under Carlos has been as embarrassing as that. Regardless if the opposition are Manchester United, Southampton, West Brom, Sheffield Wednesday or even Notts County.

Pay him well in May for trying or perhaps successfully keeping us up but I really hope we part company in the Summer. It is clear why Sheffield Wednesday fans loathed him and he certainly isn't going to take us forward over a 38 match season.

I look forward to revisiting old match day threads where I was viciously verbally abused for making these points months earlier to see how the usual lot have changed their minds and agree with me on this topic as quickly as they flipped on a lot of other issues as well.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 19:33 - Apr 7 with 1871 viewsTheResurrection

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 19:21 - Apr 7 by jack247

You’re overestimating everyone else. If you don’t think the likes of Mawson, Olsson, Naughton, King and Bony are comfortable at this level, you could easily run the same exercise for most of the teams in the bottom half and whittle them down to four or five players.

Yes, to progress we need investment, but we aren’t going to get it to any great degree from the Americans, all they are concerned with is survival.

Sadly, Olsson shouldn't be first choice left back next season.

I can stick with Naughton, I think we're ok there in the main, but Olsson has been very ordinary for far loo long now and we should be thinking of bringing someone in and let them fight for the first team slot.

Agree with the rest

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 19:36 - Apr 7 with 1860 viewsDippy

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 19:33 - Apr 7 by TheResurrection

Sadly, Olsson shouldn't be first choice left back next season.

I can stick with Naughton, I think we're ok there in the main, but Olsson has been very ordinary for far loo long now and we should be thinking of bringing someone in and let them fight for the first team slot.

Agree with the rest

Stick with Naughton?.. we play 5 at the back so our fullbacks can create from wide areas.. Naughton doesn't know when to cross the half way line.

Poll: Cooper Out

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 19:37 - Apr 7 with 1852 viewsTheResurrection

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 19:31 - Apr 7 by londonlisa2001

I don't mean it negatively Chris.

They said they want the club to be sustainable. I think that's exactly right as it happens. I always have.

Shaky was talking about recapitalisation - the tread water bit was a reference to that. They won't be putting in substantial investment in my opinion. They may put in money as a specific investment in the stadium.

But they have invested to get gains from TV deals. They referred to it specifically. Even if they don't increase commercial income / match day income. Again they said that quite specifically.

Yes, of course that's what they're in it for. Which is a good thing for us and always has been really.

They were quite specific and critical of themselves and the mistakes made though and they vowed to learn from them. They went to quite some detail and are showing an understanding of how difficult this league is. Another main objective is to increase revenue commercially and they have a strong business focus on that.

The article was positive. They came across as getting more savvy and they held their hands up to sacking Guidloin and appointing Bradley, so maybe some of the mugs on here will now finally start believing that.

Lastly, forget Shaky, he's still fishing for some Consultancy work.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 19:40 - Apr 7 with 1844 viewsjack247

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 19:32 - Apr 7 by Dippy

Or realistic..

Mawson - is relatively inexperienced.. gets caught way too often.. and against the big boys gets exposed. Championship.

Olsson - one decent season, always defensively suspect.. he doesn't even go forward anymore. Tactics exposing how awful he is. Championship

Naughton - HAHAHA.. does he have a strength? Can't cross, doesn't track back, flimsy in the challenge, positionally depthless - Championship (that's being kind)

King - it's early days.. haven't seen enough of him.

Bony - hasn't he retired?.. he has looked grandad upfront on times this season. Should go to China.

I'm a realist mate.. their limited strengths are not good enough for this league.

I’m not trying to argue each individual players merits with you, though I don’t agree with much of what you’ve said.

The point I’m making is that if you were a hyper critical, Palace, Watford, Stoke, Huddersfield, Brighton, West Brom fan, you could do the same exercise and you’d end up writing the vast majority of their squads off as not fit for Premier league purpose as well. Those are the teams we are competing with.
I think it has finally clicked for most... on 19:46 - Apr 7 with 1822 viewsTheResurrection

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 19:36 - Apr 7 by Dippy

Stick with Naughton?.. we play 5 at the back so our fullbacks can create from wide areas.. Naughton doesn't know when to cross the half way line.

No we don't, we play with him as provides energy and commitment and can go up and down all day long.

There's better players out there in every position, we all know that, but we won't have the budget to make wholesale changes.

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 20:09 - Apr 7 with 1758 viewsDippy

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 19:46 - Apr 7 by TheResurrection

No we don't, we play with him as provides energy and commitment and can go up and down all day long.

There's better players out there in every position, we all know that, but we won't have the budget to make wholesale changes.

You're all limited compared to me anyway.. it's pointless arguing with the inferior.

You're deluded mate.. no other word to describe your visions on reality.. bit slow ain't you.. let's be honest.

Poll: Cooper Out

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 20:18 - Apr 7 with 1727 viewsShaky

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 19:37 - Apr 7 by TheResurrection

Yes, of course that's what they're in it for. Which is a good thing for us and always has been really.

They were quite specific and critical of themselves and the mistakes made though and they vowed to learn from them. They went to quite some detail and are showing an understanding of how difficult this league is. Another main objective is to increase revenue commercially and they have a strong business focus on that.

The article was positive. They came across as getting more savvy and they held their hands up to sacking Guidloin and appointing Bradley, so maybe some of the mugs on here will now finally start believing that.

Lastly, forget Shaky, he's still fishing for some Consultancy work.

Confound it!

The Saviour has figured out my criminal masterplan to extract consulting fees by giving away all my work for free, and not telling anybody who i am so I could never issue an invoice for anything.

Move over Clouseau, there's a new boy heading up the Swansea branch of the Surete.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 20:36 - Apr 7 with 1680 viewswaynekerr55

We seem to be picking up a lot of injuries too...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Login to get fewer ads

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 20:47 - Apr 7 with 1648 viewsdobjack2

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 19:46 - Apr 7 by TheResurrection

Your second paragraph is undoubtedly realistic which is why, if we stay up, our recruitment in the summer has to be spot on to complement the players we have and the style of football the coach wants to play.

We would also need a coach who is prepared to work within these limitations and can create a team that is better than the sum of its parts. That person needs to be in place early to have their input into the recruitment. Otherwise next season will probably be Groundhog Day.

I have no doubt that the main aim is to stay up within financial constraints, the way we play to achieve that being secondary.
I think it has finally clicked for most... on 21:03 - Apr 7 with 1617 viewsmonmouth

I'm happy with the point today, but I tell you what, there was a lot of anger in that away end at the cowering in our own half. Hopefully this approach gets us out of the shit we have dug ourselves in, but no way are these players, this manager and these tactics going to survive a fresh season.

We got away with it but is was so dispiriting, joyless and lacking any pretence of trying to actually impose ourselves on a terrible WBA.. It made Icebollocks planting the ball onto the Wardrobes nut look like Brazil 1970.

The main thing just now is the point though. We need a better effort next week. I'm happy personally, as when they scored I thought we were cooked.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 21:14 - Apr 7 with 1597 viewsSS2013

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 17:06 - Apr 7 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I disagree. This squad is far superior to many in this league.

I think we probably have the joint worst squad in the league with Huddersfield.

Poll: Will Ayew be a Swansea player come Feb ?

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 21:29 - Apr 7 with 1564 viewsPrivate_Partz

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 17:31 - Apr 7 by Swanzay

You cant polish a turd, we are now back to watching Clementesque performances, FFS we today played the team bottom of the Premier and started with 5 at back....

We look completely lost once we get into the opponents half, Im not blaming Carlos for this, Im blaming our woefully inadequate scouting system and to many of Huw's bargain purchases.

FFS we are in 2018 and still Dyer and Routledge are on the bench, that screams of lack of investment to me!

It's not just lack of investment though. We have wasted money we can't afford on signings that are not suitable for the team. Incompetent scouting is to blame.
Carlos has to work with a threadbare injury ravaged squad so it is indeed a miracle he has turned us around so far.
If we survive this season it will be the same old issues next if we don't have a root and branch change to our scouting and recruiting personnel and systems. Starting with the guy in charge.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 21:43 - Apr 7 with 1536 viewsswanforthemoney

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 20:36 - Apr 7 by waynekerr55

We seem to be picking up a lot of injuries too...

Good point. Sheffield Wednesday were decimated by injuries this season under Carlos. It really stymied them after a good couple of seasons. Our medical team and physics should be able to keep them fit though ?

I stand in the North Stand

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 21:49 - Apr 7 with 1517 viewsswanforthemoney

To respond to the Original post, I went to Newcastle and really enjoyed the game. It wasn't the embarrassing away game you claim.
Secondly, I didn't renew my season ticket at Christmas because I'd stopped enjoying the games. I've enjoyed the games under Carlos enough for me to renew in February.
He's doing OK with a patchy squad.

I stand in the North Stand

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 22:14 - Apr 7 with 1484 viewsMorganator100

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 17:07 - Apr 7 by Treforys_Jack

"Sheff W fans loathed him" Really ?

I have 3 mates who are Sheff Wed fans, season ticket holders, and told me after years of hoofball, Carlos got them back to playing football. They spoke highly of him.
I think it has finally clicked for most... on 22:18 - Apr 7 with 1473 viewsKilkennyjack

If goal difference is a guide the 3 teams in big trouble are clearly WBA, Stoke, and Udders.

Beware of the Risen People

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 23:14 - Apr 7 with 1416 viewsTheResurrection

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 21:03 - Apr 7 by monmouth

I'm happy with the point today, but I tell you what, there was a lot of anger in that away end at the cowering in our own half. Hopefully this approach gets us out of the shit we have dug ourselves in, but no way are these players, this manager and these tactics going to survive a fresh season.

We got away with it but is was so dispiriting, joyless and lacking any pretence of trying to actually impose ourselves on a terrible WBA.. It made Icebollocks planting the ball onto the Wardrobes nut look like Brazil 1970.

The main thing just now is the point though. We need a better effort next week. I'm happy personally, as when they scored I thought we were cooked.

Can't argue with that too much mate and I saw the anger growing in the stands and even though I've stuck up for the point under the circumstances. I was pissed off too.

The point is still massive though and I didn't think we'd come back into it

I think in hindsight I wouldn't have started with Tammy and I think a lot of our frustrations as fans can come to the fore watching him lose balls and ground for us with virtually nothing sticking. He should've come on second half and I do think we could've gone for it a bit more, I'm just trying to stay upbeat.

Mind you, we missed an absolute sitter and their goal should never have stood. Once more absolute dire refereeing from the worst nation of Ref's on the planet.

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 23:30 - Apr 7 with 1375 viewsFireboy2

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 18:15 - Apr 7 by Bobby_Fischer

To you, one of the thickest *f8ckers on here. You are not alone though, so don't panic.

It really is like the Paris Enlightenment on here at the moment (Google it Waterboy)

Go on then give us your 'opinion' on the game then

Because if MY 'opinion' makes me thick then we all are

Because thats what we post

Opinions
I think it has finally clicked for most... on 23:33 - Apr 7 with 1368 viewsmonmouth

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 23:14 - Apr 7 by TheResurrection

Can't argue with that too much mate and I saw the anger growing in the stands and even though I've stuck up for the point under the circumstances. I was pissed off too.

I think in hindsight I wouldn't have started with Tammy and I think a lot of our frustrations as fans can come to the fore watching him lose balls and ground for us with virtually nothing sticking. He should've come on second half and I do think we could've gone for it a bit more, I'm just trying to stay upbeat.

Mind you, we missed an absolute sitter and their goal should never have stood. Once more absolute dire refereeing from the worst nation of Ref's on the planet.

True, if Ayew had scored, and he bloody well had to, things might have looked a lot different. It might well have knocked all the stuffing out of them. Fine margins. Ah well lets see if we can get a grip of that scouse lot next week. Defeat would have been terrible and a point's a point.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

(No subject) (n/t) on 23:46 - Apr 7 with 1341 viewsFireboy2

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 23:14 - Apr 7 by TheResurrection

(No subject) (n/t) on 23:52 - Apr 7 with 1325 viewsTheResurrection

(No subject) (n/t) on 23:46 - Apr 7 by Fireboy2

One of your better ones mush 😉

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 23:57 - Apr 7 with 1313 viewsTom1912

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 17:11 - Apr 7 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Yes, I thought that was common knowledge?

Well that’s not even nearly true
I think it has finally clicked for most... on 23:59 - Apr 7 with 1312 viewsTom1912

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 17:06 - Apr 7 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I disagree. This squad is far superior to many in this league.

How many teams do you think our squad is superior to?
I think it has finally clicked for most... on 00:27 - Apr 8 with 1290 viewsclloy2

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 23:59 - Apr 7 by Tom1912

How many teams do you think our squad is superior to?

Have to say- when Carlos came in we were dead and buried, relegation nailed on. The fact that mid way through April, we still have a chance of surviving, must be down to CC. LIke most posters I was pissed off today with the negative display, but is that CC fault. His objective is to keep us up by any means, and if that means 1pt away at wba so be it. For those of you that feel compelled to blame poor performances, which I don't disagree you have a point. But you need to be sure where the fault lies. because for me CC ain't responsible for two poor transfer windows.
Bony signed this year, a huge gamble, and disaster waiting to happen. Leon, Routs, Dyer, Rangel , great servants, but not PL standard anymore. And to top it off we have £40m worth of signings out on loan in Spain, which for a club like Swansea we can ill afford to do. So before anymore of you blame CC, lets start looking at the bigger picture, and in all honesty where does the blame really lie
I think it has finally clicked for most... on 00:44 - Apr 8 with 1277 viewsairedale

I think it has finally clicked for most... on 00:27 - Apr 8 by clloy2

Have to say- when Carlos came in we were dead and buried, relegation nailed on. The fact that mid way through April, we still have a chance of surviving, must be down to CC. LIke most posters I was pissed off today with the negative display, but is that CC fault. His objective is to keep us up by any means, and if that means 1pt away at wba so be it. For those of you that feel compelled to blame poor performances, which I don't disagree you have a point. But you need to be sure where the fault lies. because for me CC ain't responsible for two poor transfer windows.
Bony signed this year, a huge gamble, and disaster waiting to happen. Leon, Routs, Dyer, Rangel , great servants, but not PL standard anymore. And to top it off we have £40m worth of signings out on loan in Spain, which for a club like Swansea we can ill afford to do. So before anymore of you blame CC, lets start looking at the bigger picture, and in all honesty where does the blame really lie

Let’s not care too much about blame. It wastes too much time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024