Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Local Elections results 08:56 - May 4 with 11967 viewsPrivate_Partz

I am surprise we haven't had some Tory Boys on here crowing this morning. ;-)
It's neck and neck isn't it?
The Torys have not had the kicking they were expecting.
I think this down to the collapse of the UKIP vote with their votes going to Conservative. After all you can't put a tissue between Rhys-Mogg and Farage.
In addition I think Labour has not done so well as a result of its stance on Brexit. As a current Leftie I have to say I am a tad disappointed.
I have always said though that antcscemitsm and Brexit are the main obsticles for a Labour sucess.
It is a wake up call for JC and it could be going the way I have said it might do in the past.
Labour could be forced to change its stance as a result of internal pressures and call for a Referenedum once the final Brexit deal isn't done. After all it really is looking like a dogs dinner. Defeat for the Cons would mean a General Election.
If that resulted in a Labour / Lib Dem / Green coalition with the end of Brexit then I for one would be very happy.
Views?
[Post edited 4 May 2018 8:58]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Local Elections results on 18:21 - May 4 with 2664 viewsPrivate_Partz

Local Elections results on 16:33 - May 4 by oh_tommy_tommy

I’m sorry

I’ll just leave this here and f@ck off out for the night

хорошие вечерние товарищи

😉

Cheers for the cutting and pasting Tom. It was early in the morning when I tuned in to the Beeb after being told the previous night things were not going well for Labour.
Fool that I am took in that it that it was mixed results and Labour were moving forward but in slow steps. They even had that geezer out on site questioning whether Corbyn had 'peaked' and it was all down hill from here.
The BBC projection there shows they are very much on course for a GE result but did not get enough votes to get some of their targeted LAs.
I should be more careful jumping to conclusions where the Beeb are involved. For much of my life they did seem impartial to me so old habits die hard. ;-)
I still hope and think there will be a change of direction on Brexit and I think such a change will bring in more votes for Labour.
The Tories are making a God Almighty mess of things where self preservation, even if it is only for a couple of months, is numero uno. A No Deal / Hard Brexit is almost inevitable.
Labour on the other hand want a 'jobs first' Brexit and have set out their tests to judge on the final deal.
I don't think the Torys are anywhere near delivering that and I don't think Labour's version is achievable either. It is cherry picking the best of EU membership without having to pay towards it.
At this point they are going to have to vote against the deal when Parliament has its say. For me that will inevitably lead to a GE or another referendum on the deal achieved by the Tories. In those circumstances I can see Brexit ultimately being binned.
Unfortunately we will be left a laughing stock in Europe and will be a more divided Country than we have ever been.
Dodgy Dave and Boris have a lot to answer for........
[Post edited 4 May 2018 18:23]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Local Elections results on 18:23 - May 4 with 2658 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Local Elections results on 16:30 - May 4 by sherpajacob

Racism works for the Tories.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-44005594

Labour has plenty of racists as well. It looks like they even campaign based on their racist ideas.

Replace "whiter" with "blacker' and that Tweet certainly looks very dodgy to me. Abott uses racist language like that all the time so I'm not surprised to see it being used by her and her party's followers.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Local Elections results on 18:23 - May 4 with 2656 viewstrampie

I’m sorry

😉

No SNP or Plaid or DUP or Sinn Fein or Greens. Oh I see they must be listed as other, SNP would have far and away more seats than Lib-Dems but Lib-Dems get listed and the SNP get listed as others, the right wing unionist bias of the BBC is breath taking sometimes.
[Post edited 4 May 2018 18:26]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Local Elections results on 18:27 - May 4 with 2636 viewsPrivate_Partz

Local Elections results on 18:23 - May 4 by trampie

No SNP or Plaid or DUP or Sinn Fein or Greens. Oh I see they must be listed as other, SNP would have far and away more seats than Lib-Dems but Lib-Dems get listed and the SNP get listed as others, the right wing unionist bias of the BBC is breath taking sometimes.
[Post edited 4 May 2018 18:26]

Or Welsh Labour ;-) Accepted that it is only England but there is enough there to get the Tories out. I don't think the other Parties will jump into bed with them this time. The DUP being the obvious exception.

Local Elections results on 18:34 - May 4 with 2628 viewstrampie

Local Elections results on 18:27 - May 4 by Private_Partz

Or Welsh Labour ;-) Accepted that it is only England but there is enough there to get the Tories out. I don't think the other Parties will jump into bed with them this time. The DUP being the obvious exception.

No I don't think it is only England [650 MP's in total], they have just not listed the SNP or the N.Ireland parties or Plaid.
The SNP would have far more seats than the Lib-Dems [by any projection] yet the beeb don't list the SNP and they do list the Lib-Dems.
[Post edited 4 May 2018 18:34]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Local Elections results on 18:39 - May 4 with 2614 viewsNogginthenog

I’m sorry

😉

Good night comrades and that's without Google translate
Local Elections results on 18:51 - May 4 with 2586 viewsPrivate_Partz

Local Elections results on 18:34 - May 4 by trampie

No I don't think it is only England [650 MP's in total], they have just not listed the SNP or the N.Ireland parties or Plaid.
The SNP would have far more seats than the Lib-Dems [by any projection] yet the beeb don't list the SNP and they do list the Lib-Dems.
[Post edited 4 May 2018 18:34]

But it's a projection only based on England Tramp.
English Lib Dems are included but not Scottish. Same for all Parties.
I am encouraged by the projection.
Getting the Tories out and binning Brexit is the main thing for me.
I suspect it would be a hard job for the likes of Plaid and the SNP to sit back and allow the Tories, propped up by the DUP, to carry on if there was a hung Parliament. Similarly for Labour. It would be very difficult for them not to try and build a coalition but disappear back into opposition.
It doesn't take a genius to work out we could have some seriously turbulent political times ahead.
I still hope Labour can do it on their own though hence my GE vote will not go to Plaid.

Local Elections results on 18:59 - May 4 with 2580 viewstrampie

The right wing bias of the bbc is staggering, the Welsh caught them out with an in depth study by professors a few years ago.
They are all for the Jews over Muslims, English over Scots, Loyalists over Republicans, big business over trade unions etc etc
They are not even reporting on some of the huge demos of Catalans in recent months, even today reading on a Welsh rugby site that boyos are no longer visiting the BBC for news because of the biasness, they are even looking to see how you can go about not paying the licence fee.

Login to get fewer ads

Local Elections results on 19:14 - May 4 with 2566 viewstrampie

Local Elections results on 18:51 - May 4 by Private_Partz

But it's a projection only based on England Tramp.
English Lib Dems are included but not Scottish. Same for all Parties.
I am encouraged by the projection.
Getting the Tories out and binning Brexit is the main thing for me.
I suspect it would be a hard job for the likes of Plaid and the SNP to sit back and allow the Tories, propped up by the DUP, to carry on if there was a hung Parliament. Similarly for Labour. It would be very difficult for them not to try and build a coalition but disappear back into opposition.
It doesn't take a genius to work out we could have some seriously turbulent political times ahead.
I still hope Labour can do it on their own though hence my GE vote will not go to Plaid.

And if everybody does that we will end up with another set of right wing warmongers in office with nobody to keep them in check, if Labour has to team up with the likes of Plaid and the Greens then they would have to concede some ground to left of centre politics, if Labour are in power on their own with the majority of their MP's being Red Tories it will just be more of the same.

Local Elections results on 19:47 - May 4 with 2530 viewsbluey_the_blue

Local Elections results on 18:59 - May 4 by trampie

The right wing bias of the bbc is staggering, the Welsh caught them out with an in depth study by professors a few years ago.
They are all for the Jews over Muslims, English over Scots, Loyalists over Republicans, big business over trade unions etc etc
They are not even reporting on some of the huge demos of Catalans in recent months, even today reading on a Welsh rugby site that boyos are no longer visiting the BBC for news because of the biasness, they are even looking to see how you can go about not paying the licence fee.

Wasn't that the one with professors linked to Plaid, trampie? Seem to remember something about that.
Local Elections results on 19:49 - May 4 with 2528 viewsbluey_the_blue

Local Elections results on 18:23 - May 4 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Labour has plenty of racists as well. It looks like they even campaign based on their racist ideas.

Replace "whiter" with "blacker' and that Tweet certainly looks very dodgy to me. Abott uses racist language like that all the time so I'm not surprised to see it being used by her and her party's followers.

Ah, Owen Jones bless his little cotton socks.

His "unseat" campaign really worked well. Labour won not a single council he and his mates campaigned in. They won Plymouth where he didn't. Go figure.

Poor dab doesn't realise Corbs will never let him be his bff together after his previous "Corbyn out!" stance.
Local Elections results on 20:20 - May 4 with 2503 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Good evening partz

Here’s a lol link for you enjoy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/topics/cz3nmp2eyxgt/england-local-elections-2018

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Local Elections results on 20:33 - May 4 with 2486 viewsexiledclaseboy

At last year’s local elections Labour got 27% of the vote. Three weeks later at the general election they got 40%. Local elections are fairly worthless when it comes to gauging national opinion.

Poll: Tory leader

Local Elections results on 20:39 - May 4 with 2475 viewsexiledclaseboy

Local Elections results on 09:28 - May 4 by bluey_the_blue

Has to be said it's a disaster for Labour and Corbyn.

Unpopular government, local elections are often protest votes yet Labour unable to make any of the gains they'd need to if they harbour hopes of winning next general election.

It's all very well calling for Corbyn to change course on Brexit but he's always been anti-EU as have the unions - cheap labour doing away with jobs for Brits or so the mantra goes. He's not going to change his principles - and if he does, then he's a hypocrite really.

What I suspect will happen is that Labour completely and utterly mislead the signs and decide they need to go further left.

It’s good to have Comical Bluey back. Labour has a net loss of one council and a net gain of 59 councils and it’s a disaster. Tories have a net loss of two councils and 31 councillors and all is fine. National projected vote share is dead equal and another hung parliament with Labour as the largest party.

Make sense, Bluey. This was far from a triumph but nothing like a disaster. It was all a bit”meh” for all of them really and very much as you were, except for the demise of UKIP. Labour should be further ahead but that simply won’t hapoen while Corbyn is in charge. Both parties are riven with ugly extremists, it’s very unedifying

Local Elections results on 21:01 - May 4 with 2448 viewsLeonWasGod

Local Elections results on 18:23 - May 4 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I think you're able to say white and black without it being racist. Not sure what 'whiter' means though - but then Jones is a bit of a supercilious knob who loves to table on without saying anything of importance.
Local Elections results on 21:15 - May 4 with 2440 viewsbluey_the_blue

Local Elections results on 20:39 - May 4 by exiledclaseboy

It’s good to have Comical Bluey back. Labour has a net loss of one council and a net gain of 59 councils and it’s a disaster. Tories have a net loss of two councils and 31 councillors and all is fine. National projected vote share is dead equal and another hung parliament with Labour as the largest party.

Make sense, Bluey. This was far from a triumph but nothing like a disaster. It was all a bit”meh” for all of them really and very much as you were, except for the demise of UKIP. Labour should be further ahead but that simply won’t hapoen while Corbyn is in charge. Both parties are riven with ugly extremists, it’s very unedifying

Lol.

We had the wonderful "unseat" campaign. Labour proudly proclaiming they'd win London councils.

What we saw was a deeply unpopular Tory government roundly reported to be "weak", "in trouble", "disunited" et al.

The "absolute boy" in the wake of all that... achieved sweet FA. Given local elections are often seen as protest votes, Labour should have been making clear net council gains. It means for me people are seeing through Corbyn which will be damning for Labour because surely the next Tory GE campaign can't be as shambolic as the last one.

From that perspective, it could have been a lot, lot worse for the Tories - and I was genuinely expecting it to be, especially in London. It should also have been a lot, lot better for Labour; based upon Labour grossly underperforming, I'd say it was very much a disaster for Labour and a massive boost for the Tories in that the Corbs factor may have peaked.
Local Elections results on 22:04 - May 4 with 2400 viewsexiledclaseboy

Local Elections results on 21:15 - May 4 by bluey_the_blue

Lol.

We had the wonderful "unseat" campaign. Labour proudly proclaiming they'd win London councils.

What we saw was a deeply unpopular Tory government roundly reported to be "weak", "in trouble", "disunited" et al.

The "absolute boy" in the wake of all that... achieved sweet FA. Given local elections are often seen as protest votes, Labour should have been making clear net council gains. It means for me people are seeing through Corbyn which will be damning for Labour because surely the next Tory GE campaign can't be as shambolic as the last one.

From that perspective, it could have been a lot, lot worse for the Tories - and I was genuinely expecting it to be, especially in London. It should also have been a lot, lot better for Labour; based upon Labour grossly underperforming, I'd say it was very much a disaster for Labour and a massive boost for the Tories in that the Corbs factor may have peaked.

Massive boost and disaster. Not at all biased there.

Dumbass hyperbole aside, it was a middling night for both. May will be relieved given her government’s obvious incompetence that it wasn’t worse. Labour will be vaguely disappointed but it was far from a disaster. Normal rules don’t apply anymore.

Local Elections results on 22:17 - May 4 with 2388 viewsbluey_the_blue

Local Elections results on 22:04 - May 4 by exiledclaseboy

Massive boost and disaster. Not at all biased there.

Dumbass hyperbole aside, it was a middling night for both. May will be relieved given her government’s obvious incompetence that it wasn’t worse. Labour will be vaguely disappointed but it was far from a disaster. Normal rules don’t apply anymore.

I disagree, you might be surprised to learn.

I don't think anybody would have predicted the results from last night. The expectation was Labour council gains, ESPECIALLY in London - hell, I know Labour have gone into reverse and blamed the media for raising expectations but they were the ones boldly claiming they were taking the fight to the Tories, would be taking councils in London.

Labour threw everything they had towards that goal. They failed; yes, overall some more councillors but spectacularly failed to make major gains against an unpopular Tory party with it's own problems.

May will absolutely 100% be relieved. Where I disagree is in your assessment that Labour would only be "vaguely disappointed" - given the expected protest votes in local elections, given the effort Labour put in it's absolutely a disaster for them.

Corbyn has failed to get anything approaching expected opinion poll leads for Labour over the Tories. Corbyn's own personal "best PM" rating has trailed May's. Add in mishandling of many issues, I'd expect Labour infighting to ramp up. Corbynistas to blame centrist Labour MPs for "campaigning against absolute boy". Centrist Labour MPs to blame those surrounding Corbyn for being toxic. It deflates the momentum ( pun intended ) surrounding the cult of Corbyn - it's shown the threat posed by him isn't as great as many feared.

Normal rules absolutely apply, probably more than at any time over the last few years.
Local Elections results on 10:02 - May 5 with 2283 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Local Elections results on 09:19 - May 4 by Darran

“I have always said though that antcscemitsm and Brexit are the main obsticles for a Labour sucess”

The main obstacle for a Labour success is Jeremy Corbyn.

Not a "lefty " any more then? Gone and joined Lisa's anyone but Jeremy (even Theresa) party?

Thickie.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Local Elections results on 10:05 - May 5 with 2281 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Local Elections results on 12:22 - May 4 by londonlisa2001

What possible evidence do you have for thinking the man on the street wants a hard Brexit.

Even assuming three quarters the leave voters wanted a hard brexit, there is a substantial majority who don't.

No one here was talking about Brexit on the doorstep (at least the ones who visited us). The only debate was Charing Cross Hospital.

But Brexit is Labour's fault. Specifically Corbyn.

I have voted Labour in locals many times. Not yesterday.

Corbyns fault? Not Cameron's or Remainer (til I become PM) May?

Are you for real?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Local Elections results on 10:28 - May 5 with 2273 viewsjack_lord

Local Elections results on 11:43 - May 4 by Lohengrin

What was it Plato said about constancy being the one trait directly attributed to the soul?

Not sure, it was all Greek to me.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Local Elections results on 14:47 - May 5 with 2229 viewsEbo

Local Elections results on 19:49 - May 4 by bluey_the_blue

Ah, Owen Jones bless his little cotton socks.

His "unseat" campaign really worked well. Labour won not a single council he and his mates campaigned in. They won Plymouth where he didn't. Go figure.

Poor dab doesn't realise Corbs will never let him be his bff together after his previous "Corbyn out!" stance.

I think you are reading this totally out of context. What he is stating that they are targetting voters that had turned away from the labour party. The vast majority of the black population do not vote Tory, that demographic is already won.

But hey you crack on with your special browser that lets you read otherwise.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Local Elections results on 16:16 - May 5 with 2203 viewsHighjack

Local Elections results on 14:47 - May 5 by Ebo

I think you are reading this totally out of context. What he is stating that they are targetting voters that had turned away from the labour party. The vast majority of the black population do not vote Tory, that demographic is already won.

So no black people have turned away from Labour? Why bring skin colour into it at all?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Local Elections results on 17:29 - May 5 with 2181 viewsbluey_the_blue

Local Elections results on 14:47 - May 5 by Ebo

"What he is stating". Hmm, well maybe you might have a word with young Owen then -clearly he doesn't know his own mind as well as you.

Yup, clearly he was "targetting voters that had turned away". Nothing more, nothing less. When his campaign mentioned "unseating Tories" that didn't actually mean Labour winning those councils; clearly us unenlightened fools aren't clever enough for the cheeky little scamp.

Heavy hitters like Sadiq Kahn and errm Diane Abbott accompanied the yoof expert; clearly they just wanted a few more voting, didn't really want to win or indeed target any of those councils whatsoever.

Jones cancelled an event in Plymouth. Ironically Labour actually won Plymouth.

Nowhere in Owen's timeline did he refer to the "black population". But hey, you crack on with your special browser that magically alters Owen's social media outpourings just for you.
Local Elections results on 07:42 - May 6 with 2123 viewswaynekerr55

Local Elections results on 09:19 - May 4 by Darran

“I have always said though that antcscemitsm and Brexit are the main obsticles for a Labour sucess”

The main obstacle for a Labour success is Jeremy Corbyn.

Is that spelling of anti semitism from a perch keyboard?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024