Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Carlos the clown 16:53 - May 5 with 7682 viewsFerrisBuellerJB

Negative tactics are going to relegate us
Carlos the clown on 16:54 - May 5 with 4786 viewsLoyal

Have a day off Ferris.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Carlos the clown on 16:55 - May 5 with 4756 viewsA_Fans_Dad

What was negative about today exactly?
We attacked from the start, had just as many shots as them.
Our problem is we do not have any real Goal scorers.
Carlos the clown on 16:55 - May 5 with 4754 viewscostalotta

Nah, an extremely poor squad with very little in terms of quality is what’s relegating us.
Carlos the clown on 16:56 - May 5 with 4714 viewsSmellyplumz

Carlos the clown on 16:55 - May 5 by A_Fans_Dad

What was negative about today exactly?
We attacked from the start, had just as many shots as them.
Our problem is we do not have any real Goal scorers.

5 at the back?

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Carlos the clown on 16:56 - May 5 with 4717 viewsFerrisBuellerJB

Carlos the clown on 16:54 - May 5 by Loyal

Have a day off Ferris.

How can you defend the tactics he’s turned into Clement ffs. I hope he’s got a trump card for Tuesday and prove me wrong
Carlos the clown on 16:58 - May 5 with 4620 viewsjasper_T

It's not his exactly negativity so much as how he completely surrenders the midfield. 5 at the back and then when things go south just chuck forwards on and hope for the best.
Carlos the clown on 16:59 - May 5 with 4609 viewsdickythorpe

Happy to accept mediocrity and no real brain to try and win

This Kent can go.
Carlos the clown on 17:00 - May 5 with 4568 viewsCaptain_Sham

We were bottom when he got here, so he wont have relegated us.

Its just a ride.

Login to get fewer ads

Carlos the clown on 17:03 - May 5 with 4499 viewsjacabertawe

Likeable and quotable he may be, but Carlos has not convinced me of his ability to get the best out of an admittedly limited team.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Carlos the clown on 17:05 - May 5 with 4461 viewstrinityann

Carlos the clown on 16:59 - May 5 by dickythorpe

Happy to accept mediocrity and no real brain to try and win

This Kent can go.

Why do mangers keeps persevering with a system thats not working. We have one of the worst midfields in the division and we deplete the numbers in midfield, where it should be the opposite.
Carlos the clown on 17:05 - May 5 with 4456 viewsunion_jack

Carlos the clown on 16:56 - May 5 by FerrisBuellerJB

How can you defend the tactics he’s turned into Clement ffs. I hope he’s got a trump card for Tuesday and prove me wrong

Keeping the analogy, he's playing with cards he's been dealt, not a strong hand at all.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Carlos the clown on 17:29 - May 5 with 4265 viewsNeathJack

Carlos the clown on 16:54 - May 5 by Loyal

Have a day off Ferris.

I got it, anyway.
Carlos the clown on 19:12 - May 5 with 4077 viewsLeonWasGod

Carlos the clown on 16:56 - May 5 by Smellyplumz

5 at the back?

Scored us 4 goals against West Ham, and beat Liverpool. Why can't people get it into their skulls that 5 at the back doesn't have to be defensive?
Carlos the clown on 19:16 - May 5 with 4040 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Carlos the clown on 19:12 - May 5 by LeonWasGod

Scored us 4 goals against West Ham, and beat Liverpool. Why can't people get it into their skulls that 5 at the back doesn't have to be defensive?

Precisely, we had just as many shots as them.
Carlos the clown on 19:17 - May 5 with 4035 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

It doesn't have to be, you're right. But his version is. Olsson or the right wing back might get within 10 yards of the opposition box or touchline once a half.

Then when it hasn't worked, because we have no midfield holding the ball which stops our full backs from getting forward, he just chucks on a bunch of strikers or wingers hoping that one of our 70 hard punts fortunately yields a shooting chance.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Carlos the clown on 19:17 - May 5 with 4017 viewstrinityann

There's 38 league games in a season, not two.
(No subject) (n/t) on 19:18 - May 5 with 4000 viewstrinityann

Carlos the clown on 19:33 - May 5 with 3942 viewsmonmouth

Carlos the clown on 19:17 - May 5 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

It doesn't have to be, you're right. But his version is. Olsson or the right wing back might get within 10 yards of the opposition box or touchline once a half.

Then when it hasn't worked, because we have no midfield holding the ball which stops our full backs from getting forward, he just chucks on a bunch of strikers or wingers hoping that one of our 70 hard punts fortunately yields a shooting chance.

We’ve been different at home though Dwight. We still lack goal threat but we do tend to get a better grip, and the last two are at home.

It really is time for an atmosphere now. This is a genuine shoot out.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Carlos the clown on 19:40 - May 5 with 3899 viewsLeonWasGod

Carlos the clown on 19:17 - May 5 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

You're right, but that's my point. The formation doesn't determine how attacking or defensive we are, other aspects do. As Mon says, at home we approach games much more on the for the foot. We push the wingback on, shift everyone up the pitch and press. Away we scuttle back to the edge of our box in a flat 5 and 4 in front with A. Ayew dropping into the right of a midfield 4. Totally different but still '5 at the back'.

PS - agree entirely that CC has been far too cautious since we climbed out of the bottom 3. Which is why we're now back in it. He has to let them off the leash on Tuesday, no ifs, no buts, no excuses.
[Post edited 5 May 2018 19:44]
Carlos the clown on 19:52 - May 5 with 3820 viewsLeonWasGod

Carlos the clown on 19:17 - May 5 by trinityann

There's 38 league games in a season, not two.

Yep, but in his first 3 months we were outstanding. He seemed to get the jitters when we got ourselves into a position with something to lose. That's mindset more than formation imo.
Carlos the clown on 20:16 - May 5 with 3734 viewsPrivate_Partz

I wish we would stop blaming successive nanagers. They cant all be wrong. Our squad is weak and imbalanced. Decent enough defensively but weak in midfield and atrack.
Managers and players are not to blame. It is a clueless DOF who has hamstrung his own limited ability with a Hedge Fund round his neck in his pusuit of riches.
If we scrape it we will only postpone the inevitable as long as this bloke is around.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Carlos the clown on 20:20 - May 5 with 3702 viewsLeonWasGod

Carlos the clown on 20:16 - May 5 by Private_Partz

I wish we would stop blaming successive nanagers. They cant all be wrong. Our squad is weak and imbalanced. Decent enough defensively but weak in midfield and atrack.
Managers and players are not to blame. It is a clueless DOF who has hamstrung his own limited ability with a Hedge Fund round his neck in his pusuit of riches.
If we scrape it we will only postpone the inevitable as long as this bloke is around.

That's the bottom line. No Siggy or Llorente (or Bony, or Michu, or Ayew mark 1) to haul our arses over the line this year. We can stay up if everyone is on their game and the tactics spot on, but there's no room for error. No reliable game changers is a problem in this league.
Carlos the clown on 20:29 - May 5 with 3646 viewsFerrisBuellerJB

I read elsewhere someone sum up Carlos. He’s like Hughes when he was Wales manager attacked teams and started winning then for some reason went all defensive and started losing but refused to change back
Carlos the clown on 20:36 - May 5 with 3595 viewsFireboy2

Carlos the clown on 16:55 - May 5 by costalotta

Nah, an extremely poor squad with very little in terms of quality is what’s relegating us.

This
Carlos the clown on 20:38 - May 5 with 3571 viewsEU5Makaveli

Carlos has done a wonderful job. When he was appointed we would’ve taken the position we are currently in.

I would however hesitate to appoint him on a full time basis, especially if we stay up (as strange as that seems). But it seems all to similar to the Guidolin situation
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024