Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How great an achievement was Swans 7 years in the top flight ? 10:13 - Aug 27 with 7389 viewstrampie

Without scouring record books, I just looked at 4 'smaller' teams that sprung to mind, so Swans did well but not absolutely brilliant.

Watford had 6 years in the top flight at one time and finished second in the league and reached the FA Cup final as well as numerous semi's and quarters in that timeframe.

Wigan had 8 years in the top flight in very recent times and won the FA Cup and made the final of the League Cup.

Bolton had 11 years in the top flight in recent times and made the League cup final.

Coventry went 34 years in the top flight and won the FA Cup.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

How great an achievement was Swans 7 years in the top flight ? on 10:17 - Aug 27 with 2945 viewsDarran

It was a magnificent achievement.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

How great an achievement was Swans 7 years in the top flight ? on 10:20 - Aug 27 with 2934 viewstrampie

How great an achievement was Swans 7 years in the top flight ? on 10:17 - Aug 27 by Darran

It was a magnificent achievement.

It was good but not magnificent if so those other teams I mentioned had super magnificent achievements ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

How great an achievement was Swans 7 years in the top flight ? on 10:25 - Aug 27 with 2912 viewsJackfath

How great an achievement was Swans 7 years in the top flight ? on 10:20 - Aug 27 by trampie

It was good but not magnificent if so those other teams I mentioned had super magnificent achievements ?

They were magnificenter.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

How great an achievement was Swans 7 years in the top flight ? on 10:30 - Aug 27 with 2881 viewsDarran

How great an achievement was Swans 7 years in the top flight ? on 10:25 - Aug 27 by Jackfath

They were magnificenter.

Winnng the FA Cuuuuuupppppp is far more magnificenter than winning the Milk Cup.

How great an achievement was Swans 7 years in the top flight ? on 10:33 - Aug 27 with 2870 viewsswan65split

It was great, but you cant beat the old tractor Boys of the past.
How great an achievement was Swans 7 years in the top flight ? on 10:33 - Aug 27 with 2869 viewsJinxy

It was magnificent, given our rise from the edge of extinction, and empowering average (with respect) players by applying a team-based passing and collective attacking style on the lowest of budgets.

Many of us are lucky enough to see us rise up twice - a real privilege. Sometimes you have to take stock and simply savour those achievements. Hopefully I'll live to see #3, but if not wonderful (for the most part) memories. Yes, magnificent indeed.
How great an achievement was Swans 7 years in the top flight ? on 10:37 - Aug 27 with 2842 viewsswan65split

How great an achievement was Swans 7 years in the top flight ? on 10:33 - Aug 27 by Jinxy

It was magnificent, given our rise from the edge of extinction, and empowering average (with respect) players by applying a team-based passing and collective attacking style on the lowest of budgets.

Many of us are lucky enough to see us rise up twice - a real privilege. Sometimes you have to take stock and simply savour those achievements. Hopefully I'll live to see #3, but if not wonderful (for the most part) memories. Yes, magnificent indeed.

Correct, sadly we didnt learn from our past mistakes, just hope that history doesnt repeat itself.
How great an achievement was Swans 7 years in the top flight ? on 10:38 - Aug 27 with 2838 viewsThornburyswan

How great an achievement was Swans 7 years in the top flight ? on 10:33 - Aug 27 by Jinxy

This, for me anyway - the way the Sky £££s have impacted the top league makes it more difficult to establish in the Prem without a benefactor with very deep pockets, so what we achieved over the past 15 years was exceptional.

The challenge will be can we stabilise in the Championship & give it another shot in a few years time.
Login to get fewer ads

How great an achievement was Swans 7 years in the top flight ? on 10:42 - Aug 27 with 2819 viewstrampie

How great an achievement was Swans 7 years in the top flight ? on 10:33 - Aug 27 by swan65split

It was great, but you cant beat the old tractor Boys of the past.

Ipswich and Burnley [just before them was Wolves but they were considered a big team at the time] then there was Derby and Forest, now what they all achieved was magnificent.

How great an achievement was Swans 7 years in the top flight ? on 10:48 - Aug 27 with 2802 viewstrampie

Im forgetting Norwich and their many years in the top flight and their League cup wins, Swans did well but not all that in comparison to others.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2018 11:00]

How great an achievement was Swans 7 years in the top flight ? on 10:55 - Aug 27 with 2776 viewstrampie

Middlesbrough on checking had 11 straight years in the Prem and reached a European final and won the League Cup, just before their 11 straight years they got relegated and reached the final of the FA Cup and League Cup finals in the same season and reached the following seasons League Cup final.

I'm whispering it but even Cardiff have been in the Prem and in League and FA Cup finals in recent years.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2018 10:59]

How great an achievement was Swans 7 years in the top flight ? on 10:58 - Aug 27 with 2762 viewstrampie

Blydi hell mentioning Boro has made me think of Fulham and their European final which makes me think of another London team Crystal Palace, im giving up checking all these records of 'smaller teams' as many are out doing Swansea as good as Swansea did.

How great an achievement was Swans 7 years in the top flight ? on 11:14 - Aug 27 with 2703 viewsE20Jack

On what planet are we a bigger club than the likes of Middlesbrough, Crystal Palace and Wolves?

Our fans are utterly barking.

I have never seen a group of fans completely forget their clubs roots and be so detached from the realities of the club so quickly.

Scary.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

How great an achievement was Swans 7 years in the top flight ? on 11:16 - Aug 27 with 2705 viewsDarran

How great an achievement was Swans 7 years in the top flight ? on 11:14 - Aug 27 by E20Jack

On what planet are we a bigger club than the likes of Middlesbrough, Crystal Palace and Wolves?

I have never seen a group of fans completely forget their clubs roots and be so detached from the realities of the club so quickly.

Scary.

Fans? It’s Trampie FFS

How great an achievement was Swans 7 years in the top flight ? on 11:21 - Aug 27 with 2689 viewsE20Jack

How great an achievement was Swans 7 years in the top flight ? on 11:16 - Aug 27 by Darran

Fans? It’s Trampie FFS

He’s not the only one making comparisons to other clubs much bigger than us and workin off that basis.

Middlesbrough ffs.

How great an achievement was Swans 7 years in the top flight ? on 11:39 - Aug 27 with 2657 viewsTheResurrection

How great an achievement was Swans 7 years in the top flight ? on 11:14 - Aug 27 by E20Jack

Scary.

FFS our fans not only pray we'll lose they want to now airbrush any success we've ever had.

You're right, it is facking scary, and proves many are just a bunch of miserable kunts.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

How great an achievement was Swans 7 years in the top flight ? on 11:43 - Aug 27 with 2638 viewsRancid

I always saw our achievement on a par with Bolton but with a bit more success.
How great an achievement was Swans 7 years in the top flight ? on 11:44 - Aug 27 with 2628 viewsE20Jack

Was the same last year with the likes of Kinsey unable to be pleased for Bony scores FOR US. Insisted on calling him lucky while congratulating OTHER CLUBS PLAYERS for scoring.

Now apparently our most successful era was nothing special and pretty commonplace.

I don’t care what anyone says, that poll I conducted the other day is bloody accurate. Many people hate our success as they have to attribute it to someone thy despise, and that trumps anything the club has done, will do or can do - it’s an afterthought.

How great an achievement was Swans 7 years in the top flight ? on 11:49 - Aug 27 with 2613 viewsKrisP

Scary.

Don't forget Forest
How great an achievement was Swans 7 years in the top flight ? on 11:53 - Aug 27 with 2598 viewsdobjack2

How great an achievement was Swans 7 years in the top flight ? on 11:39 - Aug 27 by TheResurrection

FFS our fans not only pray we'll lose they want to now airbrush any success we've ever had.

You're right, it is facking scary, and proves many are just a bunch of miserable kunts.

In your head maybe but not in the real world.

If you actually believe even half of what you post then that is truly scary.
How great an achievement was Swans 7 years in the top flight ? on 11:56 - Aug 27 with 2573 viewsE20Jack

How great an achievement was Swans 7 years in the top flight ? on 11:49 - Aug 27 by KrisP

Don't forget Forest

Oh yeah, double European Champions, English Champions, UEFA Super Cup champions, twice FA Cup and four times League Cup winners Forest.

Forgot about them.

Easy mun.

How great an achievement was Swans 7 years in the top flight ? on 11:57 - Aug 27 with 2566 viewsTheResurrection

How great an achievement was Swans 7 years in the top flight ? on 11:53 - Aug 27 by dobjack2

In your head maybe but not in the real world.

If you actually believe even half of what you post then that is truly scary.

Maybe you should read the thread instead of trying to get one up on me.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

How great an achievement was Swans 7 years in the top flight ? on 11:59 - Aug 27 with 2564 viewsirishswan546

How great an achievement was Swans 7 years in the top flight ? on 11:44 - Aug 27 by E20Jack

Was the same last year with the likes of Kinsey unable to be pleased for Bony scores FOR US. Insisted on calling him lucky while congratulating OTHER CLUBS PLAYERS for scoring.

Now apparently our most successful era was nothing special and pretty commonplace.

I don’t care what anyone says, that poll I conducted the other day is bloody accurate. Many people hate our success as they have to attribute it to someone thy despise, and that trumps anything the club has done, will do or can do - it’s an afterthought.

Accurate in that it showed there was 20 people who voted for 6 pts deduction and revenge over the success of our club, that figure should have been 0 and I think we both can agree on that. There was 20,522 at the liberty against Bristol going by sky and many more watching around the world so 20 is not MANY(as you put it) when you put it into context some or a few fans then yes ( though should be zero)
How great an achievement was Swans 7 years in the top flight ? on 12:01 - Aug 27 with 2550 viewsE20Jack

How great an achievement was Swans 7 years in the top flight ? on 11:59 - Aug 27 by irishswan546

Accurate in that it showed there was 20 people who voted for 6 pts deduction and revenge over the success of our club, that figure should have been 0 and I think we both can agree on that. There was 20,522 at the liberty against Bristol going by sky and many more watching around the world so 20 is not MANY(as you put it) when you put it into context some or a few fans then yes ( though should be zero)

Yes and only 28 voted to keep things the same.

If you think the only 20 people who would take the deduction happened to vote on the poll then you are deluded.

How great an achievement was Swans 7 years in the top flight ? on 12:02 - Aug 27 with 2544 viewsTheResurrection

How great an achievement was Swans 7 years in the top flight ? on 11:59 - Aug 27 by irishswan546

It's a poll on Planet Swans, what do you think he should've done, posted out forms to 20k?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024