Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What was your favourite centre back pairing 08:48 - Jan 26 with 2697 viewsthornabyswan

Mark Harris (Chopper) and Keith Walker nearly 500 appearances between them.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

What was your favourite centre back pairing on 21:28 - Jan 26 with 711 viewsswan65split

What was your favourite centre back pairing on 21:03 - Jan 26 by WarwickHunt

You didn’t, someone else did.

Christ on a fûcking bike...

Forget the t.....let jasper have it
What was your favourite centre back pairing on 19:14 - Jan 27 with 632 viewsKilkennyjack

What was your favourite centre back pairing on 21:06 - Jan 26 by TailGunner

Ante nailed on, plus one other - Monk

Hi 👋🏿 Lexi - hope you are enjoying Birmingham life ...

Beware of the Risen People

What was your favourite centre back pairing on 19:20 - Jan 27 with 625 viewsBadlands

What was your favourite centre back pairing on 12:48 - Jan 26 by WarwickHunt

Herbie was an “inside forward”. FFS, mun😂

Played his best football at Centre Half (modern day Centre Back).
How do I know because I watched him play for 15 seasons - don't believe all you see on Thickipedia.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

What was your favourite centre back pairing on 20:27 - Jan 27 with 599 viewsswan65split

What was your favourite centre back pairing on 19:20 - Jan 27 by Badlands

How do I know because I watched him play for 15 seasons - don't believe all you see on Thickipedia.

He was my hero too, made the odd error /misskick., but greatly underrated, saw him play a blinder in Liverpool in the league Cup at Anfield 68 I think.
What was your favourite centre back pairing on 20:53 - Jan 27 with 593 viewsWarwickHunt

What was your favourite centre back pairing on 19:20 - Jan 27 by Badlands

Arf! I was there too - virtually every match. I remember him as an inside forward/half back.

Which year(s) are you talking about?
What was your favourite centre back pairing on 21:09 - Jan 27 with 583 viewsSkettyJack

Nobody has mentioned Izzy Iriekpen and Kris O'Leary 😀
What was your favourite centre back pairing on 22:17 - Jan 27 with 552 viewsCroftyjack

Since my time supporting the swans 1986 heres the stand out partnerships:
Melville - Lewis
Harris - Walker
Bound - Smith
Williams - Monk
Williams - Chico

But personally loved the Walker - Harris combo.
What was your favourite centre back pairing on 22:37 - Jan 27 with 545 viewsBadlands

What was your favourite centre back pairing on 20:53 - Jan 27 by WarwickHunt

Arf! I was there too - virtually every match. I remember him as an inside forward/half back.

Last couple 72/3 on when he slowed down a bit.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2019 22:39]

Login to get fewer ads

What was your favourite centre back pairing on 23:32 - Jan 27 with 529 viewsswancity

Eddie May and Dave Bruton circa 1976

Followed by:

Rajkovic and Thompson

Monk and Williams

Monk and Tate

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

What was your favourite centre back pairing on 23:43 - Jan 27 with 525 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Ash & caulker did well together , let’s be fair ash and any pairing in his time here .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

What was your favourite centre back pairing on 23:49 - Jan 27 with 522 viewsLohengrin

If he’s still in white when he hits 26/27 I’ve got the feeling young Joe Rodon would be topping a list like this without anybody thinking twice.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

What was your favourite centre back pairing on 10:19 - Jan 28 with 460 viewsBadlands

What was your favourite centre back pairing on 20:53 - Jan 27 by WarwickHunt

Thinking back you are spot on - he did only play a short spell in the back line but that's where I remember him best!
Memory ... a funny thing.

What was your favourite centre back pairing on 11:43 - Jan 28 with 447 viewsWarwickHunt

What was your favourite centre back pairing on 10:19 - Jan 28 by Badlands

Thinking back you are spot on - he did only play a short spell in the back line but that's where I remember him best!
Memory ... a funny thing.

Thanks. I thought I was going mad - must have seen every home game that season!

Mind you, I looked up the 72/73 squad and our central defenders were listed as Glen Davies, Keith Evans, Keith Hanvey and John Moore; I don't remember much about any of them! Then again, Harry Gregg was managing us so I've tried to forget as much as possible about that period...

Paul Fury is listed as a full back - I played against him many times and he was always a centre-half. I thought he had a few games there for us too.
What was your favourite centre back pairing on 11:51 - Jan 28 with 443 viewsswan65split

What was your favourite centre back pairing on 11:43 - Jan 28 by WarwickHunt

Thanks. I thought I was going mad - must have seen every home game that season!

Mind you, I looked up the 72/73 squad and our central defenders were listed as Glen Davies, Keith Evans, Keith Hanvey and John Moore; I don't remember much about any of them! Then again, Harry Gregg was managing us so I've tried to forget as much as possible about that period...

Paul Fury is listed as a full back - I played against him many times and he was always a centre-half. I thought he had a few games there for us too.

Moore was a good player, cant remember if he got injured, Hanvey was a left footer, not strong enough.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024