Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Price Of Football (all read) 12:11 - Feb 5 with 4478 viewsDarran

http://priceoffootball.com/swansea-city-soul-train/

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Price Of Football (all read) on 12:12 - Feb 5 with 3433 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Price Of Football (all read) on 12:26 - Feb 5 with 3356 viewslonglostjack

Interesting to note that there was a 54% increase in other costs from 2016 to 2017 too.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Price Of Football (all read) on 12:36 - Feb 5 with 3303 viewsMuteswan

The Price Of Football (all read) on 12:26 - Feb 5 by longlostjack

Interesting to note that there was a 54% increase in other costs from 2016 to 2017 too.

That last paragraph says a lot
“Good governance for any business requires transparency and honest communication and these both appear to be in short supply in SA1 at present.”
The Price Of Football (all read) on 12:46 - Feb 5 with 3257 viewsBanosswan

So since Pearlman has come in, our commercial revenue hasn't really increased at all?
[Post edited 5 Feb 2019 12:47]

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

The Price Of Football (all read) on 13:14 - Feb 5 with 3176 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The Price Of Football (all read) on 12:46 - Feb 5 by Banosswan

So since Pearlman has come in, our commercial revenue hasn't really increased at all?
[Post edited 5 Feb 2019 12:47]

You can hardly blame him for that. We've gone from being broadcast around the world each week to being on the red button on Sky Sports once a week in 480p.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

The Price Of Football (all read) on 13:22 - Feb 5 with 3129 viewsSTID2017

The Price Of Football (all read) on 13:14 - Feb 5 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

You can hardly blame him for that. We've gone from being broadcast around the world each week to being on the red button on Sky Sports once a week in 480p.

Pearlman has been in the role for a little under 2 and a quarter years.
This means he's banked £1.25 million before deductions.
I doubt if he's brought in that much.
Plus, for most of that tenure we were in the Premier League

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

The Price Of Football (all read) on 13:26 - Feb 5 with 3097 viewsjack2jack

The Price Of Football (all read) on 13:14 - Feb 5 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Yeah but the TV money was coming in long before he arrived,so take that out of the equation,what's he brought to the table, apart from opening a shop in town.
And earning a shed load of money.
The Price Of Football (all read) on 13:30 - Feb 5 with 3072 viewsThrasher6

We see the 'Pearlman's of this world all over big business......simply not justifiable..he doesn't merit such a salary....but hey it's a boy's club, and what do lesser mortals like us know anyway....
[Post edited 5 Feb 2019 13:31]

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Login to get fewer ads

The Price Of Football (all read) on 13:36 - Feb 5 with 3039 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The Price Of Football (all read) on 13:26 - Feb 5 by jack2jack

Yeah but the TV money was coming in long before he arrived,so take that out of the equation,what's he brought to the table, apart from opening a shop in town.
And earning a shed load of money.

I'm not arguing that he's done a good job. I think he doesn't warrant his salary and doesn't seem to have brought much to the table at all.

My post questioned criticising him for our commercial revenue not increasing much from when he arrived until now. I think he's here simply as a man on the ground to report to the Americans.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

The Price Of Football (all read) on 13:44 - Feb 5 with 3012 viewstheloneranger

Famous last words ...

"I'm pleased and excited to be given the opportunity to help grow the Swansea City brand on a global basis. The club has a rich history and a fantastic story to tell.

"It will be my job to help tap into that from a commercial perspective, including the utilisation of new revenue streams and markets.

I’m really looking forward to meeting everyone involved with Swansea City Football Club, from the staff to its passionate fans. Additionally, I recognise the important role the Supporters Trust has to play and I believe being here on a daily basis will allow for more frequent and improved communications with them."

CHRIS PEARLMAN, SWANSEA CITY CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER ... 27 October 2016

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The Price Of Football (all read) on 13:46 - Feb 5 with 3002 viewsjack2jack

The Price Of Football (all read) on 13:36 - Feb 5 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I'm not arguing that he's done a good job. I think he doesn't warrant his salary and doesn't seem to have brought much to the table at all.

My post questioned criticising him for our commercial revenue not increasing much from when he arrived until now. I think he's here simply as a man on the ground to report to the Americans.

Don't quite understand your reply seems contradictory.
At least you replied unlike others
The Price Of Football (all read) on 13:52 - Feb 5 with 2981 viewsbuilthjack

He is costing the club money. Someone on a tenth of his money, with performance related bonuses, would do a far better job.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Price Of Football (all read) on 13:59 - Feb 5 with 2952 viewsMoscowJack

The Price Of Football (all read) on 13:52 - Feb 5 by builthjack

He is costing the club money. Someone on a tenth of his money, with performance related bonuses, would do a far better job.

Funnily enough, that's what I suggested about 8 years ago when Chris was demanding that Jenkins was fired (when we were still in the Championship).

I thought Jenkins should have had a good Commercial Director who'd be brought in on a decent wage but hugely incentivised by a profit share or strong bonus structure, based purely on the success of his/her department.

Paying someone a massive base salary usually takes away the hunger (or some of it, at least) to succeed. It makes me wonder how much of Pearlman's salary was to be the Yanks' puppet and to learn how to do Huw's job, especially as commercial income has hardly improved.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

The Price Of Football (all read) on 14:10 - Feb 5 with 2921 viewsbuilthjack

The Price Of Football (all read) on 13:59 - Feb 5 by MoscowJack

Funnily enough, that's what I suggested about 8 years ago when Chris was demanding that Jenkins was fired (when we were still in the Championship).

I thought Jenkins should have had a good Commercial Director who'd be brought in on a decent wage but hugely incentivised by a profit share or strong bonus structure, based purely on the success of his/her department.

Paying someone a massive base salary usually takes away the hunger (or some of it, at least) to succeed. It makes me wonder how much of Pearlman's salary was to be the Yanks' puppet and to learn how to do Huw's job, especially as commercial income has hardly improved.

Any good sales person earns an awful lot more in bonuses and commissions than they do on salary alone.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Price Of Football (all read) on 14:20 - Feb 5 with 2883 viewsjasper_T

The Price Of Football (all read) on 13:52 - Feb 5 by builthjack

Isn't that what Leigh Dineen did by bringing in Low Cost Vans in the summer?
The Price Of Football (all read) on 16:06 - Feb 5 with 2697 viewsbuilthjack

The Price Of Football (all read) on 14:20 - Feb 5 by jasper_T

Isn't that what Leigh Dineen did by bringing in Low Cost Vans in the summer?

I don't know. Was it Dineen who brought them in?
What was that deal worth?

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:09 - Feb 5 with 2691 viewscymrojack

The Price Of Football (all read) on 12:12 - Feb 5 by Darran

[Post edited 10 Jun 2021 12:15]

Gwynedd & Swansea - Veteran of Morriston Boys Club

The Price Of Football (all read) on 16:20 - Feb 5 with 2649 viewsSomethingRandom

Very insightful article. Shows how things have been getting worse and worse over the last few years with the sale to the Americans helping to continue the financial decline.

It seems that to try and stay in the Premier League once Laudrup left we had to pay ever higher transfer fees and ever higher wages to players who warranted neither.

Jog on, Kitty...

The Price Of Football (all read) on 16:30 - Feb 5 with 2614 viewsLeonWasGod

Most of that was published when the 16/17 accounts came out this time last year - e.g.

The next interesting update will be when the 17/18 accounts are released, towards the end of this month if the timing follows previous years.
(No subject) (n/t) on 16:31 - Feb 5 with 2611 viewscymrojack

The Price Of Football (all read) on 16:20 - Feb 5 by SomethingRandom

Very insightful article. Shows how things have been getting worse and worse over the last few years with the sale to the Americans helping to continue the financial decline.

It seems that to try and stay in the Premier League once Laudrup left we had to pay ever higher transfer fees and ever higher wages to players who warranted neither.

The Price Of Football (all read) on 16:38 - Feb 5 with 2592 viewsheadcleaner

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:09 - Feb 5 by cymrojack

Does anyone really know what the players are on? I always find the figures banded around fanciful I've heard this and that amount and they are seldom correct. So Bony was on a huge wedge after man city but were we paying it all?

our current squad I'd be Gobsmacked if there are too many on more than 15K. I would bet players like roberts or Oli are on less than 10K whilst there might be a few left on more than 15. dyer, Routs, Fer, Mcnaughton might all be on 15 or a little above but Mulder can't be and Rodon and James are never on anything like that.

its all just guessing isn't it?
The Price Of Football (all read) on 16:48 - Feb 5 with 2577 viewsjasper_T

The Price Of Football (all read) on 16:38 - Feb 5 by headcleaner

Does anyone really know what the players are on? I always find the figures banded around fanciful I've heard this and that amount and they are seldom correct. So Bony was on a huge wedge after man city but were we paying it all?

our current squad I'd be Gobsmacked if there are too many on more than 15K. I would bet players like roberts or Oli are on less than 10K whilst there might be a few left on more than 15. dyer, Routs, Fer, Mcnaughton might all be on 15 or a little above but Mulder can't be and Rodon and James are never on anything like that.

its all just guessing isn't it?

Footballer wages in the UK are not publicly declared, unlike in some other countries (Italy, for example). The vast majority are simply guesswork.

Sometimes you get leaks (the details of Bony's move to City were up on footballleaks) and sometimes you get rumours that build momentum until they're simply accepted as "fact".

I can tell you I know that Matt Grimes was on £10k/week when we signed him from Exeter. Whether you believe that is up to you, I can't prove it to you with a payslip or anything.
The Price Of Football (all read) on 17:08 - Feb 5 with 2520 viewsheadcleaner

The Price Of Football (all read) on 16:48 - Feb 5 by jasper_T

Footballer wages in the UK are not publicly declared, unlike in some other countries (Italy, for example). The vast majority are simply guesswork.

Sometimes you get leaks (the details of Bony's move to City were up on footballleaks) and sometimes you get rumours that build momentum until they're simply accepted as "fact".

I can tell you I know that Matt Grimes was on £10k/week when we signed him from Exeter. Whether you believe that is up to you, I can't prove it to you with a payslip or anything.

that's fair enough. I'd imagine most of our current squad are on 7 to 10 K with a few just over that I find it hard to believe there are any on 40-50K a week still. the guy also says the Americans paid 100Mill for the club I also heard it was 60 again vast sums of money and widely apart. Whatever its a shady business and not straight forward.

I'd love to know what Pearlman has taken and what he has brought in via the global deals he talked about. also Dineen and his consultancy job how much and what for. those are the things I find most shady and hard to swallow. The crap players we recruited and loaned out or sold for a snip are heartbreaking but a little more transparent.
(No subject) (n/t) on 17:22 - Feb 5 with 2470 viewscymrojack

The Price Of Football (all read) on 17:08 - Feb 5 by headcleaner

that's fair enough. I'd imagine most of our current squad are on 7 to 10 K with a few just over that I find it hard to believe there are any on 40-50K a week still. the guy also says the Americans paid 100Mill for the club I also heard it was 60 again vast sums of money and widely apart. Whatever its a shady business and not straight forward.

I'd love to know what Pearlman has taken and what he has brought in via the global deals he talked about. also Dineen and his consultancy job how much and what for. those are the things I find most shady and hard to swallow. The crap players we recruited and loaned out or sold for a snip are heartbreaking but a little more transparent.

[Post edited 10 Jun 2021 12:16]

The Price Of Football (all read) on 17:26 - Feb 5 with 2457 viewschad

The Price Of Football (all read) on 17:08 - Feb 5 by headcleaner

£100m was I think the total valuation of the club

We hold 21%

Think they bought 65%(?) for £65m

And got the over 75z voting right from the other shareholders retaining small % which they signed the voting rights of over to the buyers. I presume this was a condition of the sale going ahead as it would have given the buyers the effective total control of our club which would have been most important to them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024