Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
White City tube stop 15:09 - Apr 8 with 6802 viewspencoedjack

As from previous experience you can’t drink anywhere close to loftus rd is there a direct tube from baker st to white city?

Thanks in advance
White City tube stop on 17:32 - Apr 9 with 1751 viewsGlyn1

White City tube stop on 08:32 - Apr 9 by epaul

Away fans are now banned from the spoons in S Bush, well they were the last time we played them, there's a decent pub just under the underpass by the bus station called the Stewart Arms, cheaper than the pubs around the bush, it's more of a "local"

Yes you can get to White City via the Circle or the Hammersmith line, but possibly better taking the circle or district from padd to Notting Hill Gate then hop on the Central line to the bush 2 stops.

Be careful if you do that that you get the train going the right way!!

I still say that Baker Street to Wood Lane is the easiest option, since there's no change of trains.

If the Shepherds Bush Wetherspoons is not an option, people could always go two underground stops to Hammersmith Station (2 stops = 5 minutes). There's a large 'Spoons and a Nicholsons pub just next to each other directly opposite the station, and pubs on the river if you have the time although those are posher.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

White City tube stop on 18:36 - Apr 9 with 1708 viewsepaul

White City tube stop on 16:42 - Apr 9 by N_T_J

Any parking suggestions Paul?

I cant walk very far, and public transport is not a option, so would need to park as close to LR as possible!

I did phone QPR today but they were not much help.. failing any good parking places I will just have to give up my tickets.

Theres virtually no on street free parking, it's all pay and display, possible option is park in Westfield shopping centre then its about a 15 min walk to Loftus road

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

White City tube stop on 18:46 - Apr 9 with 1697 viewsGaryjack

White City tube stop on 17:04 - Apr 9 by controversial_jack

Away coaches park on Dorando Close which is directly opposite the Springbok pub if that's any help.

White City tube stop on 20:28 - Apr 8 by Vetchfielder

In our Premier League away matches , I've only ever seen fighting twice and both times were at QPR, outside the Springbok after the game. Nasty bunch in there.

White City tube stop on 18:53 - Apr 9 with 1692 viewsGlyn1

I cant walk very far, and public transport is not a option, so would need to park as close to LR as possible!

I did phone QPR today but they were not much help.. failing any good parking places I will just have to give up my tickets.

If you have a wheelchair, or don't walk long distances, London taxis (black cabs) have wheelchair ramps and can accommodate fairly big ones. You can book one in advance. https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/taxis-and-minicabs/

Most of the "underground" trains in this part of town travel above ground, but most of the stations don't have step-free access unfortunately.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2019 18:55]

White City tube stop on 19:00 - Apr 9 with 1686 viewsN_T_J

White City tube stop on 17:04 - Apr 9 by controversial_jack

Away coaches park on Dorando Close which is directly opposite the Springbok pub if that's any help.

Ah thank you, would you know if it's yellow lines by any chance? I do have a blue badge.
White City tube stop on 19:02 - Apr 9 with 1682 viewsN_T_J

White City tube stop on 18:36 - Apr 9 by epaul

Theres virtually no on street free parking, it's all pay and display, possible option is park in Westfield shopping centre then its about a 15 min walk to Loftus road

This sounds ok! I will google it now.

Thank you.
White City tube stop on 19:02 - Apr 9 with 1680 viewsN_T_J

White City tube stop on 18:53 - Apr 9 by Glyn1

If you have a wheelchair, or don't walk long distances, London taxis (black cabs) have wheelchair ramps and can accommodate fairly big ones. You can book one in advance. https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/taxis-and-minicabs/

Most of the "underground" trains in this part of town travel above ground, but most of the stations don't have step-free access unfortunately.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2019 18:55]

Thank you.
White City tube stop on 00:14 - Apr 10 with 1579 viewsbuilthjack

Contact our lot and ask them to arrange it with QPR. It's possible. You may have to email your disability etc. Worth a try.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

White City tube stop on 15:48 - Apr 10 with 1502 viewsN_T_J

White City tube stop on 00:14 - Apr 10 by builthjack

Contact our lot and ask them to arrange it with QPR. It's possible. You may have to email your disability etc. Worth a try.

They told me its nothing to do with The Swans and phone QPR.

Thanks though.
White City tube stop on 15:51 - Apr 10 with 1499 viewsDarran

White City tube stop on 19:02 - Apr 9 by N_T_J

Thank you.

I was in London at the weekend the taxis and taxi drivers were superb.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

White City tube stop on 18:32 - Apr 10 with 1423 viewsThrasher6

White City tube stop on 15:51 - Apr 10 by Darran

I was in London at the weekend the taxis and taxi drivers were superb.

They did their job.....getting you from A to B.....not sure where 'superb' comes from...

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

White City tube stop on 18:34 - Apr 10 with 1418 viewsDarran

White City tube stop on 18:32 - Apr 10 by Thrasher6

They did their job.....getting you from A to B.....not sure where 'superb' comes from...

I was telling NTJ about disabled access for his disability you cock.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

White City tube stop on 18:47 - Apr 10 with 1410 viewsVetchfielder

White City tube stop on 22:21 - Apr 8 by union_jack

You’ve clearly forgotten Notts County then Jeff🥴

I would say that was a "minor skirmish" at Notts County Tim and it was the First Division, not Premier League. Now, if we are talking First Division, well that's a completely different story. After that match at Anfield when Shankly died was the worst I have experienced (apart from CCFC), stopped me going away for a long time. Thankfully things have changed so much for the better and I will be at Loftus Road on Saturday

Proud to have been one of the 231

White City tube stop on 18:52 - Apr 10 with 1404 viewsThrasher6

White City tube stop on 18:47 - Apr 10 by Vetchfielder

I would say that was a "minor skirmish" at Notts County Tim and it was the First Division, not Premier League. Now, if we are talking First Division, well that's a completely different story. After that match at Anfield when Shankly died was the worst I have experienced (apart from CCFC), stopped me going away for a long time. Thankfully things have changed so much for the better and I will be at Loftus Road on Saturday

It didn't help that we had a complete tw@t who decided to scream out,,,during the minutes silence for Shankley....from that moment on I knew we were in for trouble on a pretty big scale...and it didn't disappoint.

White City tube stop on 19:12 - Apr 10 with 1390 viewsunion_jack

White City tube stop on 18:47 - Apr 10 by Vetchfielder

Well that’s easy for you to say but it was me who ended up on my backside🥴. Still have the chipped tooth from that coward’s punch 😄

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

White City tube stop on 19:26 - Apr 10 with 1384 viewsVetchfielder

White City tube stop on 19:12 - Apr 10 by union_jack

Well that’s easy for you to say but it was me who ended up on my backside🥴. Still have the chipped tooth from that coward’s punch 😄

White City tube stop on 15:18 - Apr 11 with 1209 viewscontroversial_jack

White City tube stop on 18:52 - Apr 10 by Thrasher6

It didn't help that we had a complete tw@t who decided to scream out,,,during the minutes silence for Shankley....from that moment on I knew we were in for trouble on a pretty big scale...and it didn't disappoint.

That's not what happened. A few dozen Swans fans were outside and couldn't get in so tried to push the gates open, they made a noise which coincided with the minutes silence. There was no attempt at all to sabotage the silence. You were right it did kick off big time after the game.
White City tube stop on 15:35 - Apr 11 with 1194 viewsThrasher6

White City tube stop on 15:18 - Apr 11 by controversial_jack

That's not what happened. A few dozen Swans fans were outside and couldn't get in so tried to push the gates open, they made a noise which coincided with the minutes silence. There was no attempt at all to sabotage the silence. You were right it did kick off big time after the game.

Not what I remember.....pretty certain it was a shout from not far from where I was standing...anyway we will beg to differ....

White City tube stop on 15:42 - Apr 11 with 1180 viewsAce_Jack

If pubs in Shepard's Bush and white city are out of the question, where do people recommend? Hammersmith?
White City tube stop on 18:27 - Apr 11 with 1118 viewsGlyn1

White City tube stop on 15:42 - Apr 11 by Ace_Jack

If pubs in Shepard's Bush and white city are out of the question, where do people recommend? Hammersmith?

If the Shepherds Bush Wetherspoons is not an option, people could always go two underground stops to Hammersmith Station (2 stops = 5 minutes). There's a large 'Spoons and a Nicholsons pub just next to each other directly opposite the station, and pubs on the river if you have the time although those are posher.

White City tube stop on 19:27 - Apr 11 with 1084 viewspatchboy

staying in paddington for pre match drink then get a train to acton then change for white city.
White City tube stop on 19:34 - Apr 11 with 1077 viewsAce_Jack

White City tube stop on 18:27 - Apr 11 by Glyn1

Ta
White City tube stop on 20:21 - Apr 11 with 1044 viewsVetchfielder

White City tube stop on 15:18 - Apr 11 by controversial_jack

Maybe the incident you've described also happened but Thrasher's right - that shout definitely happened during the minute's silence, I heard it. It sounded like "burn the b*****d".

White City tube stop on 20:24 - Apr 11 with 1042 viewsGlyn1

White City tube stop on 19:27 - Apr 11 by patchboy

staying in paddington for pre match drink then get a train to acton then change for white city.

Or you could do it the easy way instead.

Have a drink in the pub upstairs in Paddington Station (the Mad Bishop and Bear) or around Regents Canal just outside the Station. Then take the Hammersmith and City underground line directly to Wood Lane (NOT White City) and walk to the ground from there with everyone else.

Wood Lane and White City stations are only 250 metres from each other.

White City tube stop on 22:10 - Apr 11 with 994 viewsFieryJack

Last time my brother went he had to duck the flying bottles and glasses coming from the Springbok after the game.

If I was going, I'd get the Hammersmith line to Ladbroke Grove (7 mins from Paddington), and take the 10 minute walk to the Earl of Lonsdale on Westbourne Grove.

It's a Sam Smiths pub, meaning real beer, very cheap for London, and dangerously strong lager. Might be full of dazed American tourists and mouthy market traders, though. Plus the staff might be surly bustards. If you can tolerate that, give it a go.

Just one thing, you might not like to put money into this bloke's pocket, and if you've got a foul mouth you'll be slung out pronto.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/jul/01/samuel-smith-pub-boss-anti-
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024