Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gavin and Stacey Xmas Special 2019 07:48 - May 28 with 13286 viewsmarchamjack

Announced by James Corden today .

And I don’t give a fck what any of you say...TV highlight of Xmas ahead right here. The End.

😀

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Gavin and Stacey Xmas Special 2019 on 21:44 - Dec 25 with 2210 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Gavin and Stacey Xmas Special 2019 on 21:42 - Dec 25 by exiledclaseboy

An hour with a stupid (and fairly drunken) grin on my chops. No laugh out loud moments really but great TV. Well written, well acted. Nice. East Enders is on now for those who need cheering up.

Have an up arrow.

Perfectly put.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Gavin and Stacey Xmas Special 2019 on 21:49 - Dec 25 with 2176 viewsBrynCartwright

Yep, generally enjoyed it.

Bit cringy in parts, but worth watching again when I haven't had a shed load to drink.

Still the most original part of Xmas viewing this year.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Gavin and Stacey Xmas Special 2019 on 21:58 - Dec 25 with 2131 viewsdickythorpe

I've never watched an episode in full before but I was pleasantly surprised.
I am chilled to the tits mind and drinking import Stella 5 % straight out of Belgium not your 4.8% UK stuff.
Gavin and Stacey Xmas Special 2019 on 22:01 - Dec 25 with 2102 viewsdickythorpe

I tell you what, Derek Brockway should be in any follow up.....perhaps he could be involved in the explanation of the "fishing trip" in a flash back

Get Scorsese on the blower now BBC Llandaff!!!!
Gavin and Stacey Xmas Special 2019 on 22:01 - Dec 25 with 2104 viewsepaul

The end saved it........

I moved to Barry to be with a lady but she ain't proposed to me lol

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Gavin and Stacey Xmas Special 2019 on 22:01 - Dec 25 with 2104 viewsmonmouth

An hour with a stupid (and fairly drunken) grin on my chops. No laugh out loud moments really but great TV. Well written, well acted. Nice. East Enders is on now for those who need cheering up.

Oh I don't know, I laughed at the spliff scene

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Gavin and Stacey Xmas Special 2019 on 22:32 - Dec 25 with 2032 viewsJacksawayatWalesgame

What’s happened to Dave (of Dave’s Coaches) ? He wouldn’t have been pleased that Neil the baby was wearing a West Ham shirt.
Gavin and Stacey Xmas Special 2019 on 23:15 - Dec 25 with 1946 viewsNotLoyal

Gavin and Stacey Xmas Special 2019 on 22:32 - Dec 25 by JacksawayatWalesgame

What’s happened to Dave (of Dave’s Coaches) ? He wouldn’t have been pleased that Neil the baby was wearing a West Ham shirt.

Dave is a jack, no problems.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Login to get fewer ads

Gavin and Stacey Xmas Special 2019 on 23:48 - Dec 25 with 1898 viewssainthelens

Did someone actually commission that pile of shyte? No wonder people dont wanna pay for a tv licence.
Gavin and Stacey Xmas Special 2019 on 01:42 - Dec 26 with 1822 viewsswan65split

I" d go with this.
Gavin and Stacey Xmas Special 2019 on 01:45 - Dec 26 with 1819 viewsswan65split

Gavin and Stacey Xmas Special 2019 on 23:48 - Dec 25 by sainthelens

Did someone actually commission that pile of shyte? No wonder people dont wanna pay for a tv licence.

You were not forcd to watch Eastenders or Corrie then, fecking great family entertainment. and a load of fecking codswallop. and probably 2 of the most watched tv on Xmas Day.........says it all!
Gavin and Stacey Xmas Special 2019 on 09:09 - Dec 26 with 1653 viewsjackal

Gavin and Stacey Xmas Special 2019 on 09:50 - Dec 25 by Highjack

The usual idiots want it banned before it’s even aired because they sing fairytale of New York and don’t censor the word that rhymes with maggot.

We used to serve f*ggots, peas and chips in my cafe.

F-ck knows what the over pc tossers wold have me call them nowadays.

Rainbow offal balls, peas and chips anyone?
Gavin and Stacey Xmas Special 2019 on 09:10 - Dec 26 with 1649 viewsjackal

Gavin and Stacey Xmas Special 2019 on 09:09 - Dec 26 by jackal

The irony!

I used the word and my post was blocked.
Gavin and Stacey Xmas Special 2019 on 09:26 - Dec 26 with 1618 viewsWarwickHunt

Gavin and Stacey Xmas Special 2019 on 09:09 - Dec 26 by jackal

Mashed potatoes with fàggots and peas, Shirley? There used to be a fàggot and peas shop in the Sandfields when I was a kid - you’d take your own bowl for a takeaway.

Did you use a “mincer”? 😱
Gavin and Stacey Xmas Special 2019 on 09:28 - Dec 26 with 1612 viewsjackal

Gavin and Stacey Xmas Special 2019 on 09:26 - Dec 26 by WarwickHunt

Mashed potatoes with fàggots and peas, Shirley? There used to be a fàggot and peas shop in the Sandfields when I was a kid - you’d take your own bowl for a takeaway.

Did you use a “mincer”? 😱

Gavin and Stacey Xmas Special 2019 on 09:29 - Dec 26 with 1610 viewsjackal

Gavin and Stacey Xmas Special 2019 on 09:28 - Dec 26 by jackal

Good one!
Gavin and Stacey Xmas Special 2019 on 09:45 - Dec 26 with 1574 viewsexiledclaseboy

11.6m watching. Add another couple of million to that when the final figures are in. Most watched Christmas show in a fair few years.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2019 9:50]

Poll: Tory leader

Gavin and Stacey Xmas Special 2019 on 10:36 - Dec 26 with 1485 viewsHighjack

They should change the title to “the adventures of Uncle Bryn”. It’s not been about Gavin or Stacey since the second series. Still enjoyed though, even though there was literally no storyline.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Gavin and Stacey Xmas Special 2019 on 10:54 - Dec 26 with 1456 viewsHighjack

Gavin and Stacey Xmas Special 2019 on 22:01 - Dec 25 by monmouth

Oh I don't know, I laughed at the spliff scene

I thought the fishing trip scene was superb. Built up the tension brilliantly then stuck two fingers up at the audience. Love it when shows do that.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Gavin and Stacey Xmas Special 2019 on 10:57 - Dec 26 with 1449 viewsexiledclaseboy

Gavin and Stacey Xmas Special 2019 on 10:36 - Dec 26 by Highjack

They should change the title to “the adventures of Uncle Bryn”. It’s not been about Gavin or Stacey since the second series. Still enjoyed though, even though there was literally no storyline.

That’s true, since the first series it’s been much more of an ensemble piece. The characters are so well done though you can forgive that. I just hope they don’t keep flogging it, Royle Family and OFaH style. Can’t see that happening mind with Corden spending his time being famous in the USA.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2019 11:07]

Gavin and Stacey Xmas Special 2019 on 11:07 - Dec 26 with 1421 viewsdickythorpe

Corden has put some timber back on. He was beginning to shape up a few years back.
Gavin and Stacey Xmas Special 2019 on 11:11 - Dec 26 with 1412 viewsHighjack

Gavin and Stacey Xmas Special 2019 on 10:57 - Dec 26 by exiledclaseboy

That’s true, since the first series it’s been much more of an ensemble piece. The characters are so well done though you can forgive that. I just hope they don’t keep flogging it, Royle Family and OFaH style. Can’t see that happening mind with Corden spending his time being famous in the USA.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2019 11:07]

Yeah the best shows get you caring about the characters and aren’t afraid to chuck in a bit of tragedy either. Like Rodney’s miscarriage and grandads death, so sad but hilariously funny at the same time.

Gavin and Stacey Xmas Special 2019 on 11:16 - Dec 26 with 1399 viewsdickythorpe

Writing comedy , maybe ALL comedy is I imagine highly infuriating at times
Where you think you'll get a laugh you may not as it reads well but can't be acted.
I remember the OFAH creator saying he'd write for hours but then have to scribble loads out as it didn't quite work other than when read.
One thing I will say is I hope there is a follow up.
Gavin and Stacey Xmas Special 2019 on 11:20 - Dec 26 with 1392 viewsexiledclaseboy

Gavin and Stacey Xmas Special 2019 on 11:16 - Dec 26 by dickythorpe

Writing comedy , maybe ALL comedy is I imagine highly infuriating at times
Where you think you'll get a laugh you may not as it reads well but can't be acted.
I remember the OFAH creator saying he'd write for hours but then have to scribble loads out as it didn't quite work other than when read.
One thing I will say is I hope there is a follow up.

One every ten years would be good.

Gavin and Stacey Xmas Special 2019 on 12:07 - Dec 26 with 1330 viewsBarrySwan

Pretty boring and bland.

The whole point of a gentle rom com is to have the occasional gentle funny line and one or two laugh out loud moments, didn't really do it in my view. I'm a touch perplexed as to Matthew Horne's radio interview where he declared the Christmas special as the best ever of all the episodes ever made.

It's all about opinion and I was a little disappointed, although clearly others enjoyed it which is good.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2019 12:08]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024