Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Muslims in Birmingham that won’t have same sex relationships 22:21 - May 30 with 1762 viewsDarran

Where’s the 20 page thread about those disgusting creatures then?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/may/26/birmingham-anderton-park-primary

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Muslims in Birmingham that won’t have same sex relationships on 22:47 - May 30 with 1719 viewsBanosswan

I would've argued against you until I spent the last two years living in hall green/Sparkbrook. Even Muslim colleagues told me to stay away from Sparkbrook and the lower area known as little Somalia.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

The Muslims in Birmingham that won’t have same sex relationships on 22:47 - May 30 with 1719 viewsJackarmy777

Surely the parents have every right to insist on what their children are taught.
Schooling, anyway should be about teaching education, not subliminally brain washing children.
The Muslims in Birmingham that won’t have same sex relationships on 22:48 - May 30 with 1716 viewsDarran

The Muslims in Birmingham that won’t have same sex relationships on 22:47 - May 30 by Banosswan

I would've argued against you until I spent the last two years living in hall green/Sparkbrook. Even Muslim colleagues told me to stay away from Sparkbrook and the lower area known as little Somalia.

Isn’t that where Citizen Khan lives?

The Muslims in Birmingham that won’t have same sex relationships on 23:15 - May 30 with 1669 viewsLuther27

Interesting. Is this the point where religious beliefs clash with sexual liberation in a Liberal society? Can you imagine the angst and handwringing among the chattering classes...
The Muslims in Birmingham that won’t have same sex relationships on 09:39 - May 31 with 1529 viewsAnotherJohn

The Muslims in Birmingham that won’t have same sex relationships on 23:15 - May 30 by Luther27

Interesting. Is this the point where religious beliefs clash with sexual liberation in a Liberal society? Can you imagine the angst and handwringing among the chattering classes...

Certain unacknowledged tensions may indeed be surfacing. The latest British Social Attitudes Survey produced a finding that didn't get aired much outside the right-wing press.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/07/17/londoners-least-liberal-homosexualit
The Muslims in Birmingham that won’t have same sex relationships on 09:50 - May 31 with 1511 viewsdickythorpe

They park their cars where they want as well.
The Muslims in Birmingham that won’t have same sex relationships on 10:12 - May 31 with 1486 viewswestwalesed

Some people have been saying for years that liberal societies do not mix with fundamentalist religious views. The trouble with Islam is that the anti-gay rhetoric is actually pretty mainstream.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

The Muslims in Birmingham that won’t have same sex relationships on 11:23 - May 31 with 1425 viewsTom1912

People are free to believe whatever they want in their own time but you don't get to change or influence the curriculum because of your bigoted beliefs.

Absolutely nothing wrong with schools teaching children that same sex relationships are okay. Teaching children equality and to be accepting of others helps form future society.

Also, some of the quotes from the idiots in that article are ridiculous:

“Do you know how hard it is to explain to a four-year-old why she doesn’t have two daddies?” asks one, Mrs Naeem, who declines to give her first name when she speaks to me outside the school on Thursday. Her daughter came home asking this question, she says. “She kept pushing it — ‘I want two daddies’ — questioning me: ‘Why can’t I?’ It was upsetting for me and my child.”

This tw*t is upset she has to spend 5 minutes parenting her child. Boo f*cking hoo. C*nt.
Login to get fewer ads

The Muslims in Birmingham that won’t have same sex relationships on 11:44 - May 31 with 1400 viewsDarran

The Muslims in Birmingham that won’t have same sex relationships on 11:23 - May 31 by Tom1912

People are free to believe whatever they want in their own time but you don't get to change or influence the curriculum because of your bigoted beliefs.

Absolutely nothing wrong with schools teaching children that same sex relationships are okay. Teaching children equality and to be accepting of others helps form future society.

“Do you know how hard it is to explain to a four-year-old why she doesn’t have two daddies?” asks one, Mrs Naeem, who declines to give her first name when she speaks to me outside the school on Thursday. Her daughter came home asking this question, she says. “She kept pushing it — ‘I want two daddies’ — questioning me: ‘Why can’t I?’ It was upsetting for me and my child.”

This tw*t is upset she has to spend 5 minutes parenting her child. Boo f*cking hoo. C*nt.

You can’t say Muslims are bigots mun Tom you’ll be called a racist.

The Muslims in Birmingham that won’t have same sex relationships on 11:46 - May 31 with 1394 viewsGwyn737

The Muslims in Birmingham that won’t have same sex relationships on 11:23 - May 31 by Tom1912

👍 Couldn’t agree more
The Muslims in Birmingham that won’t have same sex relationships on 12:35 - May 31 with 1350 viewsJonathans_coat

The Muslims in Birmingham that won’t have same sex relationships on 11:44 - May 31 by Darran

You can’t say Muslims are bigots mun Tom you’ll be called a racist.

What’s ironic is the “right wing” anti-Muslim crowd are generally anti-lgbt+ rights as well. It’s something these often described as polar opposite groups tend to agree on!

Any “extreme” or intolerant beliefs tend not to be based in fact or reality, but rather people’s personal opinions or feelings. Therefore, they should not be used as a basis to change the curriculum, or any other government policy for that matter.

When people value their own opinions and feelings over actual reality, then it becomes impossible to have a rational argument.
The Muslims in Birmingham that won’t have same sex relationships on 12:48 - May 31 with 1325 viewsNotLoyal

The Muslims in Birmingham that won’t have same sex relationships on 12:35 - May 31 by Jonathans_coat

What’s ironic is the “right wing” anti-Muslim crowd are generally anti-lgbt+ rights as well. It’s something these often described as polar opposite groups tend to agree on!

Any “extreme” or intolerant beliefs tend not to be based in fact or reality, but rather people’s personal opinions or feelings. Therefore, they should not be used as a basis to change the curriculum, or any other government policy for that matter.

When people value their own opinions and feelings over actual reality, then it becomes impossible to have a rational argument.

As has been mentioned on here. Politics is changing, the left are supporting a religion that kills LGBGT in most Muslim controlled countries. The right actually don't advocate that but have in the past. Nobody should be forgiven for this regardless.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

The Muslims in Birmingham that won’t have same sex relationships on 13:02 - May 31 with 1305 viewsLohengrin

The Muslims in Birmingham that won’t have same sex relationships on 12:48 - May 31 by NotLoyal

As has been mentioned on here. Politics is changing, the left are supporting a religion that kills LGBGT in most Muslim controlled countries. The right actually don't advocate that but have in the past. Nobody should be forgiven for this regardless.

What I’m a bit puzzled about is why and how this transgender business suddenly became ‘a thing’ and started making headlines? Where did that come from? It’s all a bit out of the blue really.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The Muslims in Birmingham that won’t have same sex relationships on 13:19 - May 31 with 1278 viewsdickythorpe

You can bet Daddy has 2 cars though.
The Muslims in Birmingham that won’t have same sex relationships on 13:30 - May 31 with 1259 viewsLohengrin

The Muslims in Birmingham that won’t have same sex relationships on 12:35 - May 31 by Jonathans_coat

”When people value their own opinions and feelings over actual reality, then it becomes impossible to have a rational argument.

Life is a radically different lived experience. Philosophy has been engaged in a tug-of-war for the last three thousand years in the attempt determine an idée fixe for objective reality. Nothing’s impossible but the odds on Planet Swans arriving at a collective determination are pretty long I should think.

The Muslims in Birmingham that won’t have same sex relationships on 14:21 - May 31 with 1206 viewsHighjack

The Muslims in Birmingham that won’t have same sex relationships on 13:02 - May 31 by Lohengrin

What I’m a bit puzzled about is why and how this transgender business suddenly became ‘a thing’ and started making headlines? Where did that come from? It’s all a bit out of the blue really.

Caitlin Jenner has blazed a trail by being so stunning and brave to win the woman of the year award.

She hasn’t done much for woman drivers though.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The Muslims in Birmingham that won’t have same sex relationships on 14:46 - May 31 with 1178 viewsJonathans_coat

The Muslims in Birmingham that won’t have same sex relationships on 13:30 - May 31 by Lohengrin

”When people value their own opinions and feelings over actual reality, then it becomes impossible to have a rational argument.

Life is a radically different lived experience. Philosophy has been engaged in a tug-of-war for the last three thousand years in the attempt determine an idée fixe for objective reality. Nothing’s impossible but the odds on Planet Swans arriving at a collective determination are pretty long I should think.

No arguments with that.

I wouldn’t be as presumptuous to assume that I myself can define reality, and I certainly would not put Planet Swans forward as an arbiter of such! This corner of the internet is quite wonderfully bonkers! And long may it remain so.

I think it is a fairly well established medical fact that sexuality is not a “lifestyle choice” at this point (2019 ffs!). It is a natural occurrence, as in the individual has about as much choice in being born gay, as they do about being born a man/woman, being a particular ethnicity or with a disability. Therefore it is fairly nonsensical and unacceptable to discriminate against a particular sexuality, in the same way it would be against a particular ethnicity, gender or disability. Or is my logic flawed?
The Muslims in Birmingham that won’t have same sex relationships on 15:06 - May 31 with 1153 viewsLohengrin

The Muslims in Birmingham that won’t have same sex relationships on 14:46 - May 31 by Jonathans_coat

No arguments with that.

I wouldn’t be as presumptuous to assume that I myself can define reality, and I certainly would not put Planet Swans forward as an arbiter of such! This corner of the internet is quite wonderfully bonkers! And long may it remain so.

I think it is a fairly well established medical fact that sexuality is not a “lifestyle choice” at this point (2019 ffs!). It is a natural occurrence, as in the individual has about as much choice in being born gay, as they do about being born a man/woman, being a particular ethnicity or with a disability. Therefore it is fairly nonsensical and unacceptable to discriminate against a particular sexuality, in the same way it would be against a particular ethnicity, gender or disability. Or is my logic flawed?

I would urge caution in accepting the argument that ‘all’ sexuality is a “natural occurrence” and by extension healthy and defensible.

Although for saying that I believe that most of us are imbued with an innate sense of right and wrong. We know what the boundaries are and don’t need them pointed out.

The Muslims in Birmingham that won’t have same sex relationships on 15:08 - May 31 with 1147 viewsFlashberryjack

The Muslims in Birmingham that won’t have same sex relationships on 14:46 - May 31 by Jonathans_coat

No arguments with that.

Your logic isn't flawed at all..... IMO anyway

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Muslims in Birmingham that won’t have same sex relationships on 15:43 - May 31 with 1098 viewsDafyddHuw

Spot on. Religion has nothing to do with education. I thought this country was suposed to be secular.
It's Sharia law via the back door (or school gates).
The Muslims in Birmingham that won’t have same sex relationships on 16:38 - May 31 with 1052 viewsAnotherJohn

The Muslims in Birmingham that won’t have same sex relationships on 15:06 - May 31 by Lohengrin

I would urge caution in accepting the argument that ‘all’ sexuality is a “natural occurrence” and by extension healthy and defensible.

Although for saying that I believe that most of us are imbued with an innate sense of right and wrong. We know what the boundaries are and don’t need them pointed out.

I'm with Lohengrin here. Some say that the 'gay gene' is a medical fact, but others take a very different view. There is a huge debate that goes back a long way and anybody who could be bothered would need to read Foucault (History of Sexuality in four volumes), Halperin et al., as well as the genetics/medical science literature. Here is an example of the kind of debate I have in mind:

https://sourcebooks.fordham.edu/med/thorp.asp

I have no real stake in the argument, except to say that values and preferences usually have little to do with 'facts'. What does tickle me though is the irony that it is Foucault - a man who spent many of his summers in the bathhouses of San Francisco and died of AIDs - who is most closely associated with the idea that homosexuality is a social construction.
[Post edited 31 May 2019 16:57]
The Muslims in Birmingham that won’t have same sex relationships on 18:36 - May 31 with 969 viewsHighjack

The Muslims in Birmingham that won’t have same sex relationships on 15:43 - May 31 by DafyddHuw

Spot on. Religion has nothing to do with education. I thought this country was suposed to be secular.
It's Sharia law via the back door (or school gates).

Is that last sentence a euphemism?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The Muslims in Birmingham that won’t have same sex relationships on 18:47 - May 31 with 941 viewsBanosswan

The Muslims in Birmingham that won’t have same sex relationships on 18:36 - May 31 by Highjack

Is that last sentence a euphemism?

Inclusivity

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024