Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR fan doing the tough mudder. 16:12 - Sep 23 with 1696 viewsSnipper

I did the London South 10 mile tough mudder on Saturday. I was dreading it as I’m so unfit, but it was absolutely brilliant, and I’d highly recommend it.

Anyway, about half a mile from the finish, I saw a fellow QPR fan wearing the duck egg away top climbing a big rope obstacle behind me. After completing the next obstacle, he wasn’t far behind, so I waited for him. I gave him a big You Rs.

We chatted for about 30 seconds, and he was confident we’d beat Millwall 2-1. His mate caught up and said sarcastically ‘have you found another QPR fan’? Lol.

If you’re a poster on here, it was nice chatting to you, albeit briefly :-)).

QPR fan doing the tough mudder. on 16:44 - Sep 23 with 1625 viewsrunningman75

Well done on the tough mudder. I do parkruns and more road races. Did the Grim challenge once never again. There is a QPR runners facebook page so may be worth posting there. Also the page was mentioned on a recent podcast so all QPR fans welcome as the group is growing slowly ( not as popular as Loft for Words).
QPR fan doing the tough mudder. on 18:03 - Sep 23 with 1543 viewsthame_hoops

They’re excellent fun, I did the 5k last year in henley on Thames, when I finished I wish I’d done the 10k, not sure I could do 10 miles though, well done
QPR fan doing the tough mudder. on 06:44 - Sep 24 with 1331 viewsWixamsR

You'd be surprised how little you notice the distance in the 10 miler, the obstacles come thick and fast and you barely notice that you have run 10 miles by the end.

The only thing I hated about tough mudder was the electric obstacles. They didn't hurt massively, but it just wasn't pleasant. If I ever did it again I'd be a wuss and walk around those ones!
QPR fan doing the tough mudder. on 07:33 - Sep 24 with 1295 viewshorshamHoop

Was that the one between Crawley and Horsham? Drove past at 8am on Saturday (on my way to the park run) and already queuing to get in - not sure why it costs £130 though! My boy is doing it next year - he will have to pay
QPR fan doing the tough mudder. on 08:25 - Sep 24 with 1261 viewsSnipper

QPR fan doing the tough mudder. on 07:33 - Sep 24 by horshamHoop

Was that the one between Crawley and Horsham? Drove past at 8am on Saturday (on my way to the park run) and already queuing to get in - not sure why it costs £130 though! My boy is doing it next year - he will have to pay

I only paid £69 for mine, but I was part of a group of 15.

Maybe ours was that price was due to a group discount.
QPR fan doing the tough mudder. on 08:35 - Sep 24 with 1249 viewsSnipper

QPR fan doing the tough mudder. on 06:44 - Sep 24 by WixamsR

You'd be surprised how little you notice the distance in the 10 miler, the obstacles come thick and fast and you barely notice that you have run 10 miles by the end.

The only thing I hated about tough mudder was the electric obstacles. They didn't hurt massively, but it just wasn't pleasant. If I ever did it again I'd be a wuss and walk around those ones!

I see where you’re coming from regarding the electric shock obstacles, but they were great fun too.

The first one you had to crawl as low as you could for about 25 metres. I got shocked once while crawling, but shocked twice while getting out. My biggest shock came from helping some bird out and the shock she got went through me. Oh did I squeal. Lol.

The second electric obstacle, you run as fast as you can while hurdling haystacks for about 15 metres. It doesn’t sound far, but you’re getting shocked quite regularly. That was actually the last obstacle, and a very good way to finish.
QPR fan doing the tough mudder. on 14:10 - Sep 24 with 1082 viewstoboboly

Was once signed up to do a Tough Mudder. Thought I better get some practice in first, did a glorified Total Wipeout...four obstacles in and I snap my ankle in two places and dislocate it...2 weeks before a trip to Thailand.

Will never go near an obstacle course ever again, and still haven't been to Thailand!

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

QPR fan doing the tough mudder. on 22:07 - Sep 24 with 989 viewsMrSheen

Paying to be electrocuted? It might work for DD, but not for me.

I spent last week walking along Hadrian’s Wall from Carlisle to Newcastle, more than enough for me at my age. I had the time of my life and couldn’t wait for it to end at the same time. Nicely bookended by a 0-0 draw at Brunton Park and an eye-popping Saturday night on the Toon. Feeling additionally smug today at our timing, not a drop of rain the whole way.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024