Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ethan Hamilton 16:38 - Jan 3 with 7555 viewsinthenet

Returning from Southend to go to another league one club hope it’s us.

Rastrickblue

Ethan Hamilton on 10:56 - Jan 4 with 2471 viewsnordenblue

Ethan Hamilton on 09:44 - Jan 4 by davidab2202

Rumour had it that Salford were interested but could have just been as in many of these alleged possible transfers an agent/newspaper talking.
If all the "gossip" columns mentioning players that big clubs are interested in buying were true then they would all be signing 20 players in each transfer window .Should all be taken with a pinch of salt would be my view.

Exactly, but some folk don't have sufficient brain power to see through that's exactly all it is,paper talk...
Ethan Hamilton on 11:06 - Jan 4 with 2422 viewsnordenblue

Ethan Hamilton on 09:21 - Jan 4 by macro

You'd have to ask the club. Why don't lots of deals go through. Why are you like you are? It's a mystery
[Post edited 4 Jan 2020 9:22]

Lots of deals dont go through because they were never a deal to begin with,perhaps...

Not really much of a mystery,it could be my DNA is the major systematic force which made me who I am......
Ethan Hamilton on 00:21 - Jan 5 with 2160 viewsdavidab2202

Back to the concern about Hendo and Bolton,a bit worried when I saw him shake Hills hand before the game but then spirits rose when I witnessed Calvin do the same---now there is a striker who could fit the bill for Bolton at possibly a less prohibitive cost
Ethan Hamilton on 09:43 - Jan 5 with 2027 viewsnordenblue

Ethan Hamilton on 00:21 - Jan 5 by davidab2202

Back to the concern about Hendo and Bolton,a bit worried when I saw him shake Hills hand before the game but then spirits rose when I witnessed Calvin do the same---now there is a striker who could fit the bill for Bolton at possibly a less prohibitive cost

Depends if Hill wants a striker to actually score goals, or one to slot in for the last 20 mins at centre half...
Ethan Hamilton on 11:05 - Jan 5 with 1844 viewsmacro

Ethan Hamilton on 11:06 - Jan 4 by nordenblue

Lots of deals dont go through because they were never a deal to begin with,perhaps...

Not really much of a mystery,it could be my DNA is the major systematic force which made me who I am......

That explains it all then
Ethan Hamilton on 11:55 - Jan 5 with 1744 viewsJames1980

Were we paying anywhere near £4000 a week towards his wages when he was at Dale?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Ethan Hamilton on 12:01 - Jan 5 with 1720 viewsboromat

Ethan Hamilton on 00:21 - Jan 5 by davidab2202

You've got to remember Bolton are stuck with a limitation of a 23 man squad and this may mean they don't do as much business as people expect.

Just thought I'd add some positivity

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Ethan Hamilton on 12:12 - Jan 5 with 1680 viewsnordenblue

Ethan Hamilton on 11:05 - Jan 5 by macro

That explains it all then

Correct
Login to get fewer ads

Ethan Hamilton on 12:48 - Jan 5 with 1603 viewsSuddenLad

Ethan Hamilton on 11:55 - Jan 5 by James1980

Were we paying anywhere near £4000 a week towards his wages when he was at Dale?

No, because that wasn't part of the agreed terms at the time he came here. However, a season long loan required a substantial contribution to his wages, hence, we were out of the picture immediately. I hear that the player was keen to return, but the financial implications were never going to be affordable.

Hence, other clubs formed a queue and Southend, presumably, were able, willing and prepared to meet the demands that were asked. Hardly money well spent from their point of view, based on the return they've had from their 'investment'.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Ethan Hamilton on 12:54 - Jan 5 with 1578 viewsfitzochris

Ethan Hamilton on 12:48 - Jan 5 by SuddenLad

No, because that wasn't part of the agreed terms at the time he came here. However, a season long loan required a substantial contribution to his wages, hence, we were out of the picture immediately. I hear that the player was keen to return, but the financial implications were never going to be affordable.

Hence, other clubs formed a queue and Southend, presumably, were able, willing and prepared to meet the demands that were asked. Hardly money well spent from their point of view, based on the return they've had from their 'investment'.

All of that is true but I also believe there was a confidence that we could negate any hefty contribution due to “close links” between our representatives and Les Parry.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Ethan Hamilton on 13:01 - Jan 5 with 1559 viewsJames1980

Thank you, is there any chance Man U might accept a contribution that would be affordable to Dale?

Ethan Hamilton on 13:05 - Jan 5 with 1548 viewsSuddenLad

Ethan Hamilton on 12:54 - Jan 5 by fitzochris

All of that is true but I also believe there was a confidence that we could negate any hefty contribution due to “close links” between our representatives and Les Parry.

Unknown to me, but I willingly accept what you say. I would have liked to see him back here, but not for a KIngs' ransom.

If the deal could somehow be 'arranged', it would benefit all parties.

Ethan Hamilton on 13:19 - Jan 5 with 1509 viewstodmordendale

The wise adage is “ Don’t go back”. Too much expectation would be Not good for the player or the club. FFS if he can’t do it at Southend, do we really need him.
Ethan Hamilton on 13:26 - Jan 5 with 1472 viewsfitzochris

Ethan Hamilton on 13:05 - Jan 5 by SuddenLad

Unknown to me, but I willingly accept what you say. I would have liked to see him back here, but not for a KIngs' ransom.

If the deal could somehow be 'arranged', it would benefit all parties.

This was in the summer and our “close links” clearly didn’t pay off.

I’ve no idea if we intend to attempt to get him back this month.

My opinion is that area is not a priority.

Ethan Hamilton on 13:27 - Jan 5 with 1469 viewssweetcorn

Ethan Hamilton on 13:19 - Jan 5 by todmordendale

The wise adage is “ Don’t go back”. Too much expectation would be Not good for the player or the club. FFS if he can’t do it at Southend, do we really need him.

If we stopped signing players who couldn't do it at another club we'd barely have a starting XI.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2020 14:02]

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Ethan Hamilton on 13:40 - Jan 5 with 1417 viewsSuddenLad

Ethan Hamilton on 13:26 - Jan 5 by fitzochris

I agree. Current priorities lie elsewhere - assuming of course, there are no key players heading for the exit door.

Ethan Hamilton on 13:44 - Jan 5 with 1398 viewsfitzochris

Ethan Hamilton on 13:40 - Jan 5 by SuddenLad

I agree. Current priorities lie elsewhere - assuming of course, there are no key players heading for the exit door.

So long as we hold on to Henderson and the “Rochdale Modric”, I’ll be happy.

Ethan Hamilton on 14:40 - Jan 5 with 1307 viewsJames1980

Ethan Hamilton on 13:26 - Jan 5 by fitzochris

Do you think he could be worth bringing in and using in a more forward position, considering he was able to find the back of the net on a few occasions in a Rochdale shirt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024