Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, students. 09:44 - Sep 27 with 3016 viewsonehunglow

Many spending their time in demoes now find the virus has caught up with them and now they're in lock down.

Hmm

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

So, students. on 10:12 - Sep 27 with 1344 viewsNotLoyal

I’ve never liked young people, even when I was one.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

So, students. on 10:15 - Sep 27 with 1341 viewsLohengrin

So, students. on 10:12 - Sep 27 by NotLoyal

I’ve never liked young people, even when I was one.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

So, students. on 10:18 - Sep 27 with 1337 viewsonehunglow

Loyal.
These are the cretins who are and have spread this virus by acting like jerks from BLM,Extinction and Lockdown rallies.

Its karma time

So, students. on 10:28 - Sep 27 with 1328 viewsexhmrc1

So, students. on 10:18 - Sep 27 by onehunglow

Loyal.
These are the cretins who are and have spread this virus by acting like jerks from BLM,Extinction and Lockdown rallies.

Its karma time

Put things a bit in perspective there are over 20,000 students in Swansea university. How many of these are involved in protest actions. Very few.

There are nearly 4000 rooms in university halls for mainly first years. Many of whom are away from home for the first time having to feed themselves for the first time and balance their monies. They are in a strange city and sometimes a different country where they dont know anyone. It must be an extremely difficult time for them. They have been put in this position by the authorities and it is they both universities and government who should face responsibility for this.

I was talking to a student from Swansea the week before last. She was going to Bath and going away on her own for the first time. I asked her whether she was getting excited to which she replied nervous and she had been working for the last 2 years and was not involved with protests.
So, students. on 10:57 - Sep 27 with 1318 viewsonehunglow

Here is the other perspective.

Manchester student have been engaged as have many from other universities.

Glasgow students see it as "inhumane" to be "asked" not to go to the pub this weekend.

Think on that last sentence,then enjoy this lovely day

It is so clear here today,I can almost see the sheep on the Great Orme

So, students. on 11:06 - Sep 27 with 1311 viewsHighjack

I actually think in a lot of ways it’s the young that have suffered most through this. They should all be out all the time having fun, making friends, shagging constantly. We all only have a short time to enjoy our youth and it’s over before you know it. Think of yourselves in your late teens early twenties. All the fun you had. They’re being deprived of a lot of that.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

So, students. on 11:15 - Sep 27 with 1302 viewsonehunglow

High.
#Morning.

Looking at photos of Liverpool last night after 10 pm,few seem worried at all and reading about the Glasgow students most seem only bothered about not finding a watering hole.

I laugh about people looking to party-just wtf is there to party about.Deadly virus,PC,No holidays ,jobs disappearing,economy going south and no live sport to watch in the flesh.

Talking of flesh,the 60s were difficult times for a Baptist raised boy like me.Mini skirts,hot pants,glorious summers, and the best music era ever. Girls were losing their inhibitions. It was tough but Jesus protected me from lust and fornication and the sins of the flesh.

The Rank was great though

So, students. on 11:49 - Sep 27 with 1286 viewsexhmrc1

So, students. on 11:15 - Sep 27 by onehunglow

High.
#Morning.

Looking at photos of Liverpool last night after 10 pm,few seem worried at all and reading about the Glasgow students most seem only bothered about not finding a watering hole.

I laugh about people looking to party-just wtf is there to party about.Deadly virus,PC,No holidays ,jobs disappearing,economy going south and no live sport to watch in the flesh.

Talking of flesh,the 60s were difficult times for a Baptist raised boy like me.Mini skirts,hot pants,glorious summers, and the best music era ever. Girls were losing their inhibitions. It was tough but Jesus protected me from lust and fornication and the sins of the flesh.

The Rank was great though

There are over 1/2 million students going to university for the first time this year. In past years people have been going able to party and meet others. This year they are being restricted. It is costing these students £140 per week sometimes higher and they are expected to stay in their room. This is in addition to the £9000 or more fees per annum. For some overseas students in London it is over £20,000 a year. They are not going to meet people staying in their rooms and understandably many will feel lonely and frightened.

The fault doesnt lie with the students. It has been predicted by sage and others we would have this explosion but the government and universities still went ahead and put them in this position.

Last March when the virus hit 100 paramedic students were placed all over Wales from Swansea driving cancer patients to hospital to allow the normal paramedics to concentrate on other duties. Medical students ceased their courses early to help in hospitals. Nursing students worked in the NHS to help out for 3 months.

Knocking all students is wrong. Undoubtedly some will be involved in protests. Others are helping towards society.
Login to get fewer ads

So, students. on 11:59 - Sep 27 with 1277 viewsWhiterockin

So, students. on 11:49 - Sep 27 by exhmrc1

There are over 1/2 million students going to university for the first time this year. In past years people have been going able to party and meet others. This year they are being restricted. It is costing these students £140 per week sometimes higher and they are expected to stay in their room. This is in addition to the £9000 or more fees per annum. For some overseas students in London it is over £20,000 a year. They are not going to meet people staying in their rooms and understandably many will feel lonely and frightened.

The fault doesnt lie with the students. It has been predicted by sage and others we would have this explosion but the government and universities still went ahead and put them in this position.

Last March when the virus hit 100 paramedic students were placed all over Wales from Swansea driving cancer patients to hospital to allow the normal paramedics to concentrate on other duties. Medical students ceased their courses early to help in hospitals. Nursing students worked in the NHS to help out for 3 months.

Knocking all students is wrong. Undoubtedly some will be involved in protests. Others are helping towards society.

You need to live in the real world. There is a major problem with students in Swansea having house parties of up to a hundred people. I agree not every student is involved but many are. This can be backed up by any police who post on here, they are being stretched to the limit at the moment.
So, students. on 12:12 - Sep 27 with 1265 viewsonehunglow

So, students. on 11:59 - Sep 27 by Whiterockin

You need to live in the real world. There is a major problem with students in Swansea having house parties of up to a hundred people. I agree not every student is involved but many are. This can be backed up by any police who post on here, they are being stretched to the limit at the moment.

It the students fault ..? Wow.

I paid for my son to spend 4 yrs at Leeds Uni. It was ,as he admits,a four year pisseup. Without the social side ,university appeal vanished apart from academics who actually enjoy study. This pandemic should see them take advantage of a lockdown and get their heads into ttheir books for the whole 3/4 years .

Not for nothing are Unis graded for social activity,which means drinking.

So, students. on 12:59 - Sep 27 with 1235 viewsexhmrc1

I dont for once doubt there are students partying but there are others who dont and criticising all is totally unfair.

The problem is that the term for most students in Swansea starts tomorrow. Most will now only be arriving this weekend although the first years probably arrived last weekend before freshers week. Tests are taking up to 5 days to come back and be reported on the figures so the figures for yesterday would relate to tests done early last week. The freshers would only have come in a few days before so it is unlikely they will be the cause of the jump and their partying would not be the reason for our spike over the last week.

It might well be that students from overseas have arrived earlier due to the difficulties with flights. The university has anticipated problems with overseas students and has placed them in 1 hall on the Bay campus to self isolate in case they are infected. It was intended they stay there for 2 weeks before joining a bubble. This might have added to the problem.

Students are often away for the first time and this spike has been anticipated by Sage, The question that needs to be addressed is why were they brought in. The Government and Universities need to answer that. Students are being asked to pay £140 per week and sometimes higher for accommodation and fees of £9000 per annum upwards to be locked in a room without face to face lectures so universities can have money. That isnt the students fault.
So, students. on 13:01 - Sep 27 with 1231 viewsbuilthjack

The government should have stopped students going back. They could have been taught online for this year. Now look at whats happening.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

So, students. on 13:35 - Sep 27 with 1209 viewsexhmrc1

So, students. on 13:01 - Sep 27 by builthjack

The government should have stopped students going back. They could have been taught online for this year. Now look at whats happening.

Exactly but then universities lose money with halls not being filled and private landlords lose money because of student houses empty. Another case of putting businesses before health. Sage warned of this 3 weeks ago and I suspect it will get worse as some universities wont have gone back yet.
So, students. on 13:41 - Sep 27 with 1207 viewsCatullus

I'm not really with blaming onesection of society. I think we have a collective responsibility that we cannot ignore. Very few of us will have lived entirely inside the rules, I know I haven't.
When I was told to shield I still walked the dog I just mitigated the risks by taking him out very early and very late, when no one was around, and walking him on an open field opposite the house (more or less) where staying away from people is easy.
Young people were always going to stryggle with it. Their hormones driving them on, the thought of all the "stuff" they can get up to.
However, I do knowthere's been trouble in Brynmill because of students partying and it's been like that there for over 25 years. My father lives there and he was always moaning about students and it was in the news recently too (Walesonline)

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

So, students. on 14:11 - Sep 27 with 1172 viewsraynor94

100% correct, they are all over Mount Pleasant, and don't give a toss for anyone.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

So, students. on 14:26 - Sep 27 with 1170 viewsWhiterockin

So, students. on 14:11 - Sep 27 by raynor94

100% correct, they are all over Mount Pleasant, and don't give a toss for anyone.

Exactly, they have drawn the short straw this year but they really aren't helping themselves. They will be just making it worse for themselves. As I heard one say "they can't lock us all up" but they will lock you all down.
So, students. on 14:37 - Sep 27 with 1161 viewsexhmrc1

So, students. on 13:41 - Sep 27 by Catullus

I'm not really with blaming onesection of society. I think we have a collective responsibility that we cannot ignore. Very few of us will have lived entirely inside the rules, I know I haven't.
When I was told to shield I still walked the dog I just mitigated the risks by taking him out very early and very late, when no one was around, and walking him on an open field opposite the house (more or less) where staying away from people is easy.
Young people were always going to stryggle with it. Their hormones driving them on, the thought of all the "stuff" they can get up to.
However, I do knowthere's been trouble in Brynmill because of students partying and it's been like that there for over 25 years. My father lives there and he was always moaning about students and it was in the news recently too (Walesonline)

Your right it isnt just youngsters although many of the problems do apply to that age range not just students. There is no doubt there is partying in Brynmill just like every student area. Many of the Swansea university students live there along with Uplands, Mount Pleasant and the Sandfields due to the proximity to the Singleton Campus but most students have only gone there in the last week or so and are probably not the reason for the spike over the last 10 days.

I phoned a mate of mine yesterday and both he and his wife have had coronavirus. He caught it first and passed it on to his wife. He is over it now and able to go out but his wife is still with it. He is nearly 60, has a company of his own and played sport at a very high level. I asked him where he caught it and he said playing golf in London. It transpired
it wasn't playing the golf but 3 of them travelling together in the car from South Wales to the golf course so it isnt just students but businessmen and high profile sportsmen.
So, students. on 15:23 - Sep 27 with 1117 viewsKilkennyjack

I blame the Johnson govt for ‘Eat Out, Help Out’, get back to your offices, airbridges for holidays, and reopen the pubs.
All without proven track and trace in place.

Now 2,000 schools have had covid.

If you don’t know where the virus is, then you cant fight it.
You only open up with Track and Trace in place and proven.

You cant wish this away.

Beware of the Risen People

So, students. on 15:30 - Sep 27 with 1112 viewsSwanjaxs

So, students. on 11:06 - Sep 27 by Highjack

I actually think in a lot of ways it’s the young that have suffered most through this. They should all be out all the time having fun, making friends, shagging constantly. We all only have a short time to enjoy our youth and it’s over before you know it. Think of yourselves in your late teens early twenties. All the fun you had. They’re being deprived of a lot of that.

On the flip side, they could always think about thier parents, elderly/sick relatives they could be putting at risk by carrying coronavirus into thier household?

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

So, students. on 15:44 - Sep 27 with 1090 viewsHighjack

So, students. on 15:23 - Sep 27 by Kilkennyjack

I blame the Johnson govt for ‘Eat Out, Help Out’, get back to your offices, airbridges for holidays, and reopen the pubs.

You cant wish this away.

I thought eat out help out was an alternative to kissing.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

So, students. on 16:33 - Sep 27 with 1062 viewsonehunglow

Just been out to a very nice lunch to celebrate daughter's birthday.
Her hubby is and ARV/Interceptor and was on duty in Liverpool last night.

At 10pm pubs stopped serving so off they go to the nearest offy to get more drink then fook around in the streets. This was primarily youngsters including students.Fact.

Until we stop this,we are fooked.

Boris needs to stop ALL ales of alcohol after 10pm as a priority.In fact I d rather the uubs shut until such time people behave . Until then, we need a Govt that does not fook around.Starmer would be worse give his liberal chums.

Ive never been so depressed for our future and glad Im coming to the end of my life.

We need to get a grip and pretending this virus isnt spread by tw@ts is a start

So, students. on 17:16 - Sep 27 with 1041 viewsexhmrc1

So, students. on 16:33 - Sep 27 by onehunglow

Just been out to a very nice lunch to celebrate daughter's birthday.
Her hubby is and ARV/Interceptor and was on duty in Liverpool last night.

At 10pm pubs stopped serving so off they go to the nearest offy to get more drink then fook around in the streets. This was primarily youngsters including students.Fact.

Until we stop this,we are fooked.

Boris needs to stop ALL ales of alcohol after 10pm as a priority.In fact I d rather the uubs shut until such time people behave . Until then, we need a Govt that does not fook around.Starmer would be worse give his liberal chums.

Ive never been so depressed for our future and glad Im coming to the end of my life.

We need to get a grip and pretending this virus isnt spread by tw@ts is a start

I didnt realise off licences were open after 10 in England. They are closed in Wales.
So, students. on 17:47 - Sep 27 with 1015 viewsJack_Kass

I remember being a student, the majority of peers on campus were mature, disciplined and fully commited to studying.

FFS.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

So, students. on 18:04 - Sep 27 with 993 viewsDafyddHuw

"Many spending their time in demoes now find the virus has caught up with them and now they're in lock down."

I thought that students were spending their time spelling "demos" correctly.
So, students. on 19:07 - Sep 27 with 954 viewsCatullus

So, students. on 15:23 - Sep 27 by Kilkennyjack

You cant wish this away.

On reopening pubs and track and trace we agree. Common sense is lost when alcohol kicks in and yes, we can fight the virus better if we know where it is.

I've come around to Andy1300's opinion, we need to protect the most vulnerable but open up as much as possible otherwise BUT we also need to keep increasing track and trace until the virus is in full retreat.

We should be testing everybody because there are asymptomatic people out there spreading this virus. Every time we find someone with no symptoms but who is infectious we win a small battle

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024