Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pitch 15:07 - Dec 5 with 6779 viewsGeoffThom

Wtf has happened to the bowling green of a pitch theres not been rugger on it it's a disgrace to the league
Pitch on 00:14 - Dec 9 with 1658 viewsItchySphincter

Pitch on 23:43 - Dec 8 by KeithHaynes

There was a time when the manager dictated the state of the pitch.
I’m hopeful that’s the case tonight 😉

It is.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Pitch on 08:06 - Dec 9 with 1571 views34dfgdf54

Pitch on 00:13 - Dec 9 by ItchySphincter

It’s right.

Why aren't any of the journalists grilling him about it, it's killing us.
Pitch on 09:24 - Dec 9 with 1517 viewsDr_Parnassus

You can even see the under-soil heating pipe marks on the pitch, that's always a sign the pitch is shot.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Pitch on 09:37 - Dec 9 with 1504 viewscwmdonkinjack

Is there an infestation or anything killing off the roots because as we all can see, the grass looks to be dying and breaking up.
Whilst there are no fans could we apply to temporarily play at Landore or Fairwood where there is a decent surface?
Pitch on 10:05 - Dec 9 with 1490 viewsTenbySwan

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55240658
Pitch on 10:16 - Dec 9 with 1478 viewsKeithHaynes

Love coopers reaction to all this. Perfect.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Pitch on 10:37 - Dec 9 with 1450 views34dfgdf54

Pitch on 10:16 - Dec 9 by KeithHaynes

He's definitely going to the Jose type attitude of us against the world. I don't mind that.
Pitch on 13:04 - Dec 9 with 1407 viewsGeoffThom

If hes got the squad training on it he needs feckin shooting
We have the pitches in landore and upper killay for that they have been made to exact sizes also
Why have these super facilities if your not gonna use them 🤬🤬🤬🤬
Login to get fewer ads

Pitch on 13:53 - Dec 9 with 1386 views34dfgdf54

Pitch on 13:04 - Dec 9 by GeoffThom

If hes got the squad training on it he needs feckin shooting
We have the pitches in landore and upper killay for that they have been made to exact sizes also
Why have these super facilities if your not gonna use them 🤬🤬🤬🤬

Why would he lie in his media briefing yesterday when he denied we were training on it though?
Pitch on 14:06 - Dec 9 with 1379 viewsBadlands

Pitch on 13:53 - Dec 9 by 34dfgdf54

Why would he lie in his media briefing yesterday when he denied we were training on it though?

Where did this come from?

"I’m not sure the pitch had an impact on the game but it’s not in brilliant condition," said Tindall.
"I think the Swansea guys train on it quite often and they’ve got the rugby on it too."

Strange thing to come out with if he hadn't had some indication of the situation?

It looks to me like the relaying wasn't done properly and the SISGrass hasn't been a success.
That said it is the same surface as the training pitches.
i don;t think you can play games away from the named stadium without permission from the EFL which comes with a huge fine.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Pitch on 14:21 - Dec 9 with 1373 views34dfgdf54

Pitch on 14:06 - Dec 9 by Badlands

Where did this come from?

"I’m not sure the pitch had an impact on the game but it’s not in brilliant condition," said Tindall.
"I think the Swansea guys train on it quite often and they’ve got the rugby on it too."

Strange thing to come out with if he hadn't had some indication of the situation?

It looks to me like the relaying wasn't done properly and the SISGrass hasn't been a success.
That said it is the same surface as the training pitches.
i don;t think you can play games away from the named stadium without permission from the EFL which comes with a huge fine.

I've just gone from the BBC article, but there isn't direct quotes so I wouldn't mind hearing what he's had to say rather than reading it.

<< "I think the Swansea guys train on it quite often and they've got the rugby too.

"It's not what you expect at a club like this but it is what it is and I felt we handled conditions extremely well today."

Cooper denied the suggestion that his players have been training at the Liberty. >>
Pitch on 14:37 - Dec 9 with 1367 views34dfgdf54

But according to the guys working on the pitch, Itchy is right.

What the f*ck is Cooper up too?
Pitch on 14:51 - Dec 9 with 1357 viewsKeithHaynes

Pitch on 14:37 - Dec 9 by 34dfgdf54

But according to the guys working on the pitch, Itchy is right.

What the f*ck is Cooper up too?

Playing a long game by the looks of it.
Learning fast and getting results.

That was in November, he could be citing just this month.

Pitch on 14:51 - Dec 9 with 1355 views9MilesHigh

Pitch on 10:16 - Dec 9 by KeithHaynes

I detest Cooper's reaction to this.

That's not what any Swans fan wants to read about our pitch and the way we used to play our football.

The bigger worry is if he enjoys the pitch being in this disgraceful state because it helps us against the better football teams.

If that's the case I want to see the back of him quick sharp. His arrogance in that interview is shocking.
Pitch on 14:58 - Dec 9 with 1352 viewsChief

Pitch on 14:51 - Dec 9 by 9MilesHigh

That's not what any Swans fan wants to read about our pitch and the way we used to play our football.

The bigger worry is if he enjoys the pitch being in this disgraceful state because it helps us against the better football teams.

If that's the case I want to see the back of him quick sharp. His arrogance in that interview is shocking.

Yea i agree.

Unless its a dig at Winter or someone who's slow at providing answers?

This has been an obvious issue for some time. Getting to the root cause of this problem shouldn't have been difficult or time consuming. But here we are in December and no one seems to have an explanation!

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Pitch on 16:39 - Dec 9 with 1308 views9MilesHigh

Pitch on 14:58 - Dec 9 by Chief

Yea i agree.

Unless its a dig at Winter or someone who's slow at providing answers?

This has been an obvious issue for some time. Getting to the root cause of this problem shouldn't have been difficult or time consuming. But here we are in December and no one seems to have an explanation!

The Head Groundsman tweeted throughout the season how great the pitch was after how much use it was getting, god knows how many training sessions, games, rugby etc etc

Strange, he hasn't tweeted like this for a while.

But what is Cooper thinking about training and wrecking it? It's wrecking any last enjoyment I am getting from his brand of football.
Pitch on 19:08 - Dec 9 with 1264 viewsKeithHaynes

The team ethic, putting an us against the rest of the world attitude over is what I want to see, totally and unequivocally all about Swansea, that’s what I saw.

Pitch on 20:36 - Dec 9 with 1222 viewsItchySphincter

I agree with some of that. I think his arrogance has waned somewhat recently, but it’s still a feature at times. I’d give him the season to see what he can do. Unusual times and all that.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Pitch on 23:22 - Dec 9 with 1143 viewsowainglyndwr

Pitch on 14:21 - Dec 9 by 34dfgdf54

I've just gone from the BBC article, but there isn't direct quotes so I wouldn't mind hearing what he's had to say rather than reading it.

<< "I think the Swansea guys train on it quite often and they've got the rugby too.

"It's not what you expect at a club like this but it is what it is and I felt we handled conditions extremely well today."

Cooper denied the suggestion that his players have been training at the Liberty. >>

They are training on it ...
Pitch on 23:23 - Dec 9 with 1140 viewsjasper_T

Managers lie, I got caught out on here taking Potter at his word more than once.
Pitch on 23:50 - Dec 9 with 1133 viewsNotLoyal

Pitch on 23:23 - Dec 9 by jasper_T

Managers lie, I got caught out on here taking Potter at his word more than once.

Not sure why cooper would lie about training on the pitch ?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Pitch on 09:55 - Dec 10 with 1052 viewsMoscowJack

I read elsewhere that we have to train on it as the first team are in a bubble and can't share facilities with U23s, U18s, etc.

That makes sense.

As we have to be the ones to use the Liberty (for games!), we have to train on it.

That's how I understood it, but (a) I don't think this is correct and (b) why would Cooper deny it? If this was the case, surely every first team would have to do the same and their pitches would be bad too?

There's something not right here.......

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Pitch on 10:41 - Dec 10 with 1036 views34dfgdf54

Pitch on 09:55 - Dec 10 by MoscowJack

I read elsewhere that we have to train on it as the first team are in a bubble and can't share facilities with U23s, U18s, etc.

That makes sense.

As we have to be the ones to use the Liberty (for games!), we have to train on it.

That's how I understood it, but (a) I don't think this is correct and (b) why would Cooper deny it? If this was the case, surely every first team would have to do the same and their pitches would be bad too?

There was no direct quotes from him denying it. I checked the article it was just a sentence at the end from BBC.
Pitch on 12:39 - Dec 10 with 996 viewsjasper_T

Pitch on 09:55 - Dec 10 by MoscowJack

That makes sense.

The first team and development sides weren't sharing facilities anyway. Seniors at Fairwood, kids at Landore. The u23s and u18s look to be one big group at the moment with a lot of players doing double duty with both sides, and the top u23s (Cam Evans, Rushesha, Oli Cooper, Joe Lewis etc.) stuck in first team training bubble not getting any gametime.
Pitch on 17:22 - Dec 10 with 934 views34dfgdf54

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-citys-pitch-m
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024