Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steve Davis 11:02 - May 16 with 5771 viewsNewdawn2014

Fantastic servant for us and at 36 is still playing ,I know he`s not ours but I`m proud of him.
Steve Davis on 21:33 - May 16 with 1142 viewsA1079

I always have regarded Steve Davis as a consummate professional who played football simply because he loved playing football. He did not seek fame or glory for himself but always gave his best for whom ever he played.

I voted him player of the season for us on a couple of occasions but there was always someone who was more popular with the fans, but so often he was the quiet engine purring away making sure it worked in midfield. Armstrong is similar today.
Steve Davis on 12:03 - May 17 with 1075 viewsBuenosSaint

Steve Davis on 21:33 - May 16 by A1079

I always have regarded Steve Davis as a consummate professional who played football simply because he loved playing football. He did not seek fame or glory for himself but always gave his best for whom ever he played.

I voted him player of the season for us on a couple of occasions but there was always someone who was more popular with the fans, but so often he was the quiet engine purring away making sure it worked in midfield. Armstrong is similar today.

I'd say Armstrong is better. He gives the impression of being more dynamic and would hazard a guess he is faster. When Armstrong goes for a surge there is always a chance of something positive coming out of it. Albeit with risk. Davis played it a bit more safe no?

Poll: The Long Future

Steve Davis on 18:33 - May 17 with 1030 viewsSadoldgit

Very pleased for him. He was a solid pro for us and an important cog in the team. Weighed in with a few goals too although his finishing could be woeful at times. One of our better signings in recent years.
Steve Davis on 18:46 - May 17 with 1027 viewsBicester_North

This brace from Davis always sticks in the memory

https://m.facebook.com/southamptonfc/videos/1211339639309529/

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Steve Davis on 20:04 - May 17 with 1013 viewsIngskneeslide

Just a quick reminder that we paid £800,000 for Davis. When you think about some of the money we’ve blown on absolute dross over the last five years alone he was an outstanding signing, probably only second to SRL in terms of value for money.
Steve Davis on 23:35 - May 17 with 970 viewsChesham_Saint

Silly school kid tit for tat “banter” aside, Steve Davis was a very solid player for Saints and I wish him well. Doing the simple things consistently and without fuss or fanfare. Contrast and compare to some of the real Dilberts who’ve turned out for Saints in the last 10 years or so...

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Steve Davis on 08:28 - May 18 with 933 viewsA1079

Steve Davis on 12:03 - May 17 by BuenosSaint

I'd say Armstrong is better. He gives the impression of being more dynamic and would hazard a guess he is faster. When Armstrong goes for a surge there is always a chance of something positive coming out of it. Albeit with risk. Davis played it a bit more safe no?

Hi Buenos,

Yes, tend to agree with you. When I said similar I meant similar in that he quietly gets on with the job without making a noise about it, any histrionics and just plays football. I think Armstrong offers more in an attacking sense but throughout his career Davis has been a consummate professional and in that respect, so far, Armstrong seems to be of a similar nature.
Steve Davis on 10:10 - May 18 with 898 viewsBuenosSaint

Steve Davis on 08:28 - May 18 by A1079

Hi Buenos,

Yes, tend to agree with you. When I said similar I meant similar in that he quietly gets on with the job without making a noise about it, any histrionics and just plays football. I think Armstrong offers more in an attacking sense but throughout his career Davis has been a consummate professional and in that respect, so far, Armstrong seems to be of a similar nature.

Morning A1079,

Yes, agreed. Because of him and Che, I actually want Scotland to do well in the Euro's

Poll: The Long Future

Login to get fewer ads

Steve Davis on 14:32 - May 18 with 873 viewsChesham_Saint

Steve Davis on 10:10 - May 18 by BuenosSaint

Morning A1079,

Yes, agreed. Because of him and Che, I actually want Scotland to do well in the Euro's

Good luck to them both personally, but I sure as hell won’t be rooting for Scotland.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024