Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jamal Lowe to Blackburn 21:17 - Aug 30 with 8629 viewsKeithHaynes

Rumour, but gathering pace.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 22:05 - Aug 30 with 1933 viewsKeithHaynes

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 22:03 - Aug 30 by jasper_T

Joseph didn't leave.

He definitely wasn’t keen on Cheltenham.
Even tho their local football hack reckoned it was done.

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 22:06 - Aug 30 with 1930 viewsBillyChong

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 22:03 - Aug 30 by jackrmee

Don't think Joseph has actually gone yet

Fair enough, thought he had. Probably a wise move hanging on until outgoings are confirmed in that case.
Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 22:34 - Aug 30 with 1801 viewsBadlands

Depends if we are clearing players to bring in a different type of forward!
Lowe's goal tally was great last season but many fans have called him out for his lack of pace, inability to hold the ball up and the way he traps the ball further than most kick it.
I'd keep but let's see what happens.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 22:43 - Aug 30 with 1768 viewsKeithHaynes

Somebody just mentioned asset stripping 🤭

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 23:02 - Aug 30 with 1680 viewsAjack_Kerouac

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 21:57 - Aug 30 by onehunglow

Ok Im a negative guy but I am even more fearful NOW.
Hopefully, it won't be as bad a I think it might .

Players going out -fine,just replace with better or they don't go.

I defy anyone to be confident about our club and how it does business right now

It is a shambles.
The longer the summer has gone on the clearer it has become that the club is run by incompetents...

...24 hours left and we have

- not replaced Guehi adequately (not a sniff of a Premier League young loanee potentially joining and no permanent transfers on the horizon...who is this "ball playing defender" we are going to bring in?

- brought in a rookie (Downes - who I like) and a crock in midfield

- brought in an attacking midfielder in Patterson who does not appear able to score or make goals

- have no wingers...we have forwards who can play wide, 2 of which (Joseph and Whittaker - who I like...I did propose playing him last year in the play offs with Ayew coming off the bench against a tiring defence, but nobody seemed to rate Whittaker back then) the manager does not appear to want on the pitch.

- we have no craft, skill or guile

...and who are we likely to see leave tomorrow? Probably at least 2 from the following;

Jamal Lowe? - the only player we have who seems to know where the net is

Matt Grimes? - Our captain and one of the few midfielders we have who looks like scoring or crafting a goal.

Connor Roberts? - Our most attack minded player...the fact that our right-back usually looks the most likely to make something happen tells it's own story...and for a pittance. Connor should be our captain. If he's leaving we should be getting £10m+ for a home-grown, established international, full-back who is consistently on the score sheet.

Ben Cabango? - again, if he leaves it had better be for £10m+

Jake Bidwell? - A limited footballer but one of the few who seems interested, who plays with any guts...leaving us with only 1 left-back, Ryan Manning...we play approx. 2 games a week FFS!

...and for some reason a lot of people seem massively confident that we have players lined up who are better(!) than our best players...If we let 2 go we need to sign 5.

Does anyone in their right mind believe that we have 5 better players than what we have lined up to sign on deadline day?

If you work at the club and are reading this, please prove me wrong...I'm begging you.

"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid" - "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - "The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it"

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 23:09 - Aug 30 with 1647 viewsGVJack

Issue with Lowe is he's not an out and out striker (IMO). We don't play wingers (although the WB doesn't seem to need to do too much defensive work so not sure why you wouldn't play wingers there). Therefore I'm not sure he fits in to our tactical style. Unless we have someone incoming I hope he stays, he's a decent back up at the very least to Piroe if he picks up am injury but maybe he can sense his game time will be limited at at the age of 27 he'll want to be playing week in week out.
Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 23:28 - Aug 30 with 1587 viewsdobjack2

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 23:02 - Aug 30 by Ajack_Kerouac

It is a shambles.
The longer the summer has gone on the clearer it has become that the club is run by incompetents...

...24 hours left and we have

- not replaced Guehi adequately (not a sniff of a Premier League young loanee potentially joining and no permanent transfers on the horizon...who is this "ball playing defender" we are going to bring in?

- brought in a rookie (Downes - who I like) and a crock in midfield

- brought in an attacking midfielder in Patterson who does not appear able to score or make goals

- have no wingers...we have forwards who can play wide, 2 of which (Joseph and Whittaker - who I like...I did propose playing him last year in the play offs with Ayew coming off the bench against a tiring defence, but nobody seemed to rate Whittaker back then) the manager does not appear to want on the pitch.

- we have no craft, skill or guile

...and who are we likely to see leave tomorrow? Probably at least 2 from the following;

Jamal Lowe? - the only player we have who seems to know where the net is

Matt Grimes? - Our captain and one of the few midfielders we have who looks like scoring or crafting a goal.

Connor Roberts? - Our most attack minded player...the fact that our right-back usually looks the most likely to make something happen tells it's own story...and for a pittance. Connor should be our captain. If he's leaving we should be getting £10m+ for a home-grown, established international, full-back who is consistently on the score sheet.

Ben Cabango? - again, if he leaves it had better be for £10m+

Jake Bidwell? - A limited footballer but one of the few who seems interested, who plays with any guts...leaving us with only 1 left-back, Ryan Manning...we play approx. 2 games a week FFS!

...and for some reason a lot of people seem massively confident that we have players lined up who are better(!) than our best players...If we let 2 go we need to sign 5.

Does anyone in their right mind believe that we have 5 better players than what we have lined up to sign on deadline day?

If you work at the club and are reading this, please prove me wrong...I'm begging you.

If everyone has gone and nobody of quality has replaced them at the end of the window then questions need to be asked. The answer is never normally simple but we would be in serious trouble.

Chill out until the dust has settled; there’s nothing we can do now. Unfortunately if it all goes Pete Tong whilst we can sharpen the pitchforks and light the torches it’s hard to run people out of town that don’t live here.
Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 23:53 - Aug 30 with 1528 viewsangryjack

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 22:05 - Aug 30 by Chief

1.5mill is a joke.

Snap their hands off for that I would..the blokes a dud
Login to get fewer ads

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 23:58 - Aug 30 with 1507 viewsKeithHaynes

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 23:28 - Aug 30 by dobjack2

If everyone has gone and nobody of quality has replaced them at the end of the window then questions need to be asked. The answer is never normally simple but we would be in serious trouble.

Chill out until the dust has settled; there’s nothing we can do now. Unfortunately if it all goes Pete Tong whilst we can sharpen the pitchforks and light the torches it’s hard to run people out of town that don’t live here.

If we don’t get what we want mate, the stands will erupt.

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 23:58 - Aug 30 with 1507 viewsnantywatcher

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 23:53 - Aug 30 by angryjack

You are clueless.
Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 00:37 - Aug 31 with 1435 viewsdobjack2

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 23:58 - Aug 30 by KeithHaynes

If we don’t get what we want mate, the stands will erupt.

Too right they will.

There is a lot riding on today.

Covid postponements and outbreaks disrupted our pre-season without the mess of appointing a new manager. Can’t blame Winter etc. for Eustace changing his mind but it suggests that the decision to go for him was badly flawed as his heart wasn’t really in it.

Martin wants to turn the clock back to a time before Cooper. However he has had no pre-season to work with and assess the squad and it is clear that despite what is said in the papers some players want out.

If tomorrow goes belly up then Martin is up a creek without a paddle and it isn’t his fault in my book
[Post edited 31 Aug 2021 0:39]
Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 00:49 - Aug 31 with 1409 viewsChief

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 23:53 - Aug 30 by angryjack

Doesn't matter what you think of him.

14 goals last season. Objectively that means we should be selling him for at least double the 1.5mill.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 00:59 - Aug 31 with 1394 viewsDr_Parnassus

Utterly horrendous.

He’s the one player in our side with a bit of attacking pace who can run and drive at defenders (if we are saying Laird is ultimately defensive).

If he wants to leave then we have to work out what’s best for all round. But accepting anything under £3/4m isn’t what’s best for us that’s for sure.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 01:37 - Aug 31 with 1367 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 00:49 - Aug 31 by Chief

14 goals last season. Objectively that means we should be selling him for at least double the 1.5mill.

If it’s a starting bud then we may get 2.5 million

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 06:43 - Aug 31 with 1241 viewsjackrmee

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 00:49 - Aug 31 by Chief

He's another with only a year left on his contract though

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 06:53 - Aug 31 with 1221 viewsChief

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 06:43 - Aug 31 by jackrmee

He's another with only a year left on his contract though

He signed a 3yr contract with the option of another year last summer (2020), so he's got plenty of time left.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 07:01 - Aug 31 with 1211 viewspencoedjack

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 01:37 - Aug 31 by Brynmill_Jack

If it’s a starting bud then we may get 2.5 million

Blackburn just received 25 million for Armstrong, time to play hardball.

Doubt it will happen.
Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 08:07 - Aug 31 with 1109 viewsjackrmee

Blackburn priced out of the deal. Not happening apparently.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-blackburn-pull-plug-on-lowe-deal-afte

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 08:09 - Aug 31 with 1104 viewsjackrmee

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 06:53 - Aug 31 by Chief

He signed a 3yr contract with the option of another year last summer (2020), so he's got plenty of time left.

Ah right. Thanks for enlightening me. I thought i'd read somewhere it was his last year.

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 08:39 - Aug 31 with 1036 viewsangryjack

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 23:58 - Aug 30 by nantywatcher

You are clueless.

Who's clueless now they not willing to pay what we ask as he not worth it..he useless can't control pass the ball his movement off the ball is useless. Like I said should snapped their hands off as we 2ont get anything near that for him
[Post edited 31 Aug 2021 8:44]
Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 08:51 - Aug 31 with 987 viewsexiledinenglandjack

Going to Bournemouth 1.5m rising to 2m according to Stuart James
Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 08:54 - Aug 31 with 973 viewsKeithHaynes

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 08:51 - Aug 31 by exiledinenglandjack

They are buying a new team today apparently.

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 08:58 - Aug 31 with 957 viewsjackrmee

Sky reporting it now...

"LOWE HAVING BOURNEMOUTH MEDICAL

Swansea striker Jamal Lowe is having an AFC Bournemouth medical this morning after the two clubs agreed a deal late last night worth £1.5m.

Lowe scored 15 goals in 53 appearances last season for Swansea."

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 08:59 - Aug 31 with 945 viewsDr_Parnassus

Utterly horrendous deal for us.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 09:02 - Aug 31 with 921 viewsangryjack

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 08:59 - Aug 31 by Dr_Parnassus

Utterly horrendous deal for us.

Great deal not worth that
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024