Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Terry Hall has died 23:07 - Dec 19 with 2166 viewscontroversial_jack

Lead singer of the Specials has died at 63. What a shock that is.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2022 23:08]
Terry Hall has died on 23:14 - Dec 19 with 2147 viewsFireboy2

How strange, I was thinking of Terry and the specials on Saturday at the game with them being from Coventry.

They were brilliant.

RIP Terry.
Terry Hall has died on 06:35 - Dec 20 with 2063 viewsbuilthjack

Much too young

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Terry Hall has died on 08:21 - Dec 20 with 2039 views1983

Love The Specials the sound track of my early years of growing up, I seen them live twice and once when Terry done some weird DJ set in the Uplands about 15 years ago and there was a bit of a to do after as he didn't get paid.

I can imagine a few Specials songs on the Jeremy Vine show today as he is a massive fan

RIP Tel

Terry Hall has died on 08:22 - Dec 20 with 2038 views1983

Terry Hall has died on 23:14 - Dec 19 by Fireboy2

How strange, I was thinking of Terry and the specials on Saturday at the game with them being from Coventry.

They were brilliant.

RIP Terry.

Brilliant SKA museum in Coventry

Terry Hall has died on 12:38 - Dec 20 with 1976 viewsSTID2017

Terry Hall has died on 08:22 - Dec 20 by 1983

Brilliant SKA museum in Coventry

And a car museum too nearby ?
Love the Specials and very sad to hear this news.
Too Much Too Young in particular is my favourite, but Ghostdown andRat Race are also classics.
Plus Rudy ( A Message To You )
RIP Terry

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Terry Hall has died on 13:55 - Dec 20 with 1955 viewspencoedjack

Great band.

RIP Terry.
Terry Hall has died on 11:53 - Dec 21 with 1856 viewshowenjack

Terry Hall has died on 12:02 - Dec 21 with 1845 viewsWingstandwood

The Specials. Terry. This is what happened. We had it all planned out. Make the album we were going to do in 2020 — a reggae album.

Record in Los Angeles in November. We had the studio booked, flights paid for, accommodation sorted. Roger Rivas from The Agrolites was going to co-produce. Shepard Fairey was going to do the cover. Lynval, still recovering from his spinal surgery earlier in the year, was over in the UK and raring to go.

Terry had the framework for 8 tunes. Confidence was high. We were set to meet up with Nikolaj and make magic. This was in September. Terry e-mails everyone and says he’s in bed with a stomach bug and can’t do the first week of pre-production sessions. No big deal, we can knock everything back a week.

We’re not due to fly out until November 4th. The next week, Terry is no better and is in hospital. There’s not much we can do except wait for him to get better. Sunday October 2nd and I get a phone call from Manager Steve.And everything turns to shit. Terry’s illness is a lot worse than we thought.

He has been diagnosed with cancer of the pancreas which has spread to his liver.
This is serious. Like life-threatening serious.He has developed diabetes due to his pancreas being attacked. This has to be treated first, then it’s a regime of chemotherapy.
There is nothing anyone can do. Everything is put on hold. Terry is emphatic that no-one be told about this. If anyone asks, he’s managing his diabetes.

The chemo treatment starts favourably but it seems that it would be March 2023 at the earliest before we’d be in any position to work. He is in and out of hospital to stabilise the diabetes issue and also to manage pain.
It then goes quiet. Beginning of December and reports are not good. Terry has lost a lot of weight and is very frail. His friend Ian Broudie visits and phones Manager Steve. He fears that Terry is slipping away.

15th December and Manager Steve drives up to London to visit. He calls me on his return journey and says things are not looking promising. Terry is dying. The next day he is put on morphine and is more-or-less unconscious for most of the time. I thought it would be best for me to go and visit but Lindy, his wife, advises against it. She has held her phone to Terry’s ear so that his sisters and Lynval can say their goodbyes. She suggests I do the same. So, I did. It was tough.

Terry died around half past 5 the next evening, Sunday 18th December. The world has lost a unique voice and I have lost a good friend.
Horace.

Argus!

Login to get fewer ads

Terry Hall has died on 13:51 - Dec 21 with 1804 viewsFireboy2

Terry Hall has died on 12:02 - Dec 21 by Wingstandwood

The Specials. Terry. This is what happened. We had it all planned out. Make the album we were going to do in 2020 — a reggae album.

Record in Los Angeles in November. We had the studio booked, flights paid for, accommodation sorted. Roger Rivas from The Agrolites was going to co-produce. Shepard Fairey was going to do the cover. Lynval, still recovering from his spinal surgery earlier in the year, was over in the UK and raring to go.

Terry had the framework for 8 tunes. Confidence was high. We were set to meet up with Nikolaj and make magic. This was in September. Terry e-mails everyone and says he’s in bed with a stomach bug and can’t do the first week of pre-production sessions. No big deal, we can knock everything back a week.

We’re not due to fly out until November 4th. The next week, Terry is no better and is in hospital. There’s not much we can do except wait for him to get better. Sunday October 2nd and I get a phone call from Manager Steve.And everything turns to shit. Terry’s illness is a lot worse than we thought.

He has been diagnosed with cancer of the pancreas which has spread to his liver.
This is serious. Like life-threatening serious.He has developed diabetes due to his pancreas being attacked. This has to be treated first, then it’s a regime of chemotherapy.
There is nothing anyone can do. Everything is put on hold. Terry is emphatic that no-one be told about this. If anyone asks, he’s managing his diabetes.

The chemo treatment starts favourably but it seems that it would be March 2023 at the earliest before we’d be in any position to work. He is in and out of hospital to stabilise the diabetes issue and also to manage pain.
It then goes quiet. Beginning of December and reports are not good. Terry has lost a lot of weight and is very frail. His friend Ian Broudie visits and phones Manager Steve. He fears that Terry is slipping away.

15th December and Manager Steve drives up to London to visit. He calls me on his return journey and says things are not looking promising. Terry is dying. The next day he is put on morphine and is more-or-less unconscious for most of the time. I thought it would be best for me to go and visit but Lindy, his wife, advises against it. She has held her phone to Terry’s ear so that his sisters and Lynval can say their goodbyes. She suggests I do the same. So, I did. It was tough.

Terry died around half past 5 the next evening, Sunday 18th December. The world has lost a unique voice and I have lost a good friend.
Horace.

Thanks for that 👍
Terry Hall has died on 22:29 - Dec 21 with 1767 viewsmajorraglan

Horace.

Thanks for posting, a very difficult, upsetting read. RIP.
Terry Hall has died on 23:49 - Dec 21 with 1748 viewsSTID2017

Horace.

A tough read that.
Thanks.

Terry Hall has died on 16:56 - Dec 22 with 1686 viewshowenjack

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-city-pay-tribute-s
Terry Hall has died on 18:06 - Dec 22 with 1655 viewsDr_Winston

Pancreatic cancer again. An absolute f*cker of a disease. 5% of those diagnosed may survive the year. A lucky few survive five.

Can't help but think it needs to go on the screening list like both Prostate and Breast cancer.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Terry Hall has died on 20:13 - Dec 23 with 1578 viewsJack123

Rest In Peace Terry, loved the Specials and Fun Boy 3..

libera nos a malo

Terry Hall has died on 23:01 - Dec 23 with 1529 viewsSTID2017

Terry Hall has died on 18:06 - Dec 22 by Dr_Winston

Pancreatic cancer again. An absolute f*cker of a disease. 5% of those diagnosed may survive the year. A lucky few survive five.

Can't help but think it needs to go on the screening list like both Prostate and Breast cancer.

My father in law, a prolific drinker up until and including the day of the Brentford Swans second player off semi in 2006, was taken ill early the following morning with pancreatic cancer and following an operation and weeks of recovery, survived.
He was warned never to drink again and didn't, surviving until April, 2019.
Some are relatively lucky, I guess.
Cancer of all sorts is a devastating disease.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024