Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chinese ballon 10:06 - Feb 5 with 6419 viewscontroversial_jack

Another false flag by the Americans? Chinese can get what they want from satellites.
Chinese ballon on 16:04 - Feb 5 with 3285 viewsSullutaCreturned

Really? Then why have the Chinese been so angry that the USA shot their balloon down?
Chinese ballon on 18:34 - Feb 5 with 3218 viewscontroversial_jack

Chinese ballon on 16:04 - Feb 5 by SullutaCreturned

Really? Then why have the Chinese been so angry that the USA shot their balloon down?

Because they see it as a provocation.
Chinese ballon on 19:12 - Feb 5 with 3203 viewsSullutaCreturned

Chinese ballon on 18:34 - Feb 5 by controversial_jack

Because they see it as a provocation.

So instead of calling the USA out as liars they have instead taken ownership of the balloon and complained about it being shot down. Just when you think new depths of ridiculousness can't be plumbed, along comes someone to prove you wrong.

Chinese ballon on 19:56 - Feb 5 with 3163 viewsmajorraglan

The Americans have every right to shoot the balloon down. It may be totally innocent but there may be more to it, if it was the former I’d have thought instead of whinging the Chinese would be apologising for it going astray, but that’s just me.
Chinese ballon on 20:17 - Feb 5 with 3153 viewsBoundy

Chinese ballon on 19:12 - Feb 5 by SullutaCreturned

So instead of calling the USA out as liars they have instead taken ownership of the balloon and complained about it being shot down. Just when you think new depths of ridiculousness can't be plumbed, along comes someone to prove you wrong.

He yet again has not failed to amuse me , it's the way he tells them

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Chinese ballon on 21:00 - Feb 5 with 3119 viewsbritferry

the USA would never do it to any other country

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Chinese ballon on 22:39 - Feb 5 with 3076 viewsSirjohnalot

Chinese ballon on 21:00 - Feb 5 by britferry

the USA would never do it to any other country

Course they would which is why they know what it is.
Chinese ballon on 02:40 - Feb 6 with 3037 viewsDJack

As ever you post arrant nonsense.

As one example, spy sateilites struggle with IR due to cloud cover. The US still uses spyplanes as satellites have limitations. As an example everheard of the Open Skies Treaty?

https://www.armscontrol.org/factsheets/openskies

Apparently meteorological ballons have a payload of around 1.5-3m wide. This one is three buses wide! If it were one China would have officialy informed the US that they lost control of one and that it would enter US airspace in around two days time on the prevailing winds...they kept quiet and this is apparently the fourth incursion by such a large ballon, the three others during Trumps preidency.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Login to get fewer ads

Chinese ballon on 09:23 - Feb 6 with 2991 viewscontroversial_jack

Chinese ballon on 19:12 - Feb 5 by SullutaCreturned

They haven't denied it's their Balloon, just not what the Americans have said it's used for
Chinese ballon on 11:14 - Feb 6 with 2968 viewsSullutaCreturned

Chinese ballon on 09:23 - Feb 6 by controversial_jack

They haven't denied it's their Balloon, just not what the Americans have said it's used for

It was you that suggested it was a false flag operation.

You really must do better, try keeping notes or maybe try not being deliberately controversial and posting nonsense.
Chinese ballon on 11:29 - Feb 6 with 2962 viewscontroversial_jack

Chinese ballon on 11:14 - Feb 6 by SullutaCreturned

It was you that suggested it was a false flag operation.

You really must do better, try keeping notes or maybe try not being deliberately controversial and posting nonsense.

It was a weather, not a spy balloon is my point
Chinese ballon on 13:04 - Feb 6 with 2929 viewsmajorraglan

Chinese ballon on 11:29 - Feb 6 by controversial_jack

Allegedly a weather balloon, we’ll see what comes out in the wash.
Chinese ballon on 13:18 - Feb 6 with 2920 viewsBoundy

Because the chinese said so , ok that'll be it nothing about your hatred of the west .

Chinese ballon on 16:08 - Feb 6 with 2882 viewsKeithHaynes

I would imagine a weather balloon contains many electrical devices for all manner of objectives.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Chinese ballon on 16:36 - Feb 6 with 2868 viewsBoundy

Chinese ballon on 16:08 - Feb 6 by KeithHaynes

I would imagine a weather balloon contains many electrical devices for all manner of objectives.

Why do governments use surveillance balloons?
In the age of satellites, surveillance balloons — which are typically advanced balloons equipped with high-tech, downward-pointing imaging gear — offer close-range monitoring, Iain Boyd, a professor of Aerospace Engineering Sciences at the University of Colorado Boulder, told The Conversation news site. The balloons are sometimes left subject to weather patterns but can be equipped with a “guiding apparatus” to control their path.

While satellites remain the “preferred method of spying from overhead”, the lower-flying balloons, which hover at about the same height as commercial airlines fly, can typically take clearer images than the lowest orbiting satellites, Boyd explained. That’s mostly due to the speed of such satellites, which complete one Earth orbit in 90 minutes.

Another type of satellite is able to rotate in sync with Earth, allowing it to take continuous images of one location, according to Boyd, although such satellites orbit farther away from the planet, and therefore typically produce foggier images.

Surveillance balloons can also be capable of “gathering electronic signals” and intercepting communications, according to David DeRoches, a professor at the Near East South Asia Center for Strategic Studies at the National Defense University in Washington, DC.

He told Al Jazeera the Chinese balloon shot down by the US could also have been used to “gather information on what kind of signals [the US is] using to track it, so it could possibly identify and classify radar hits … which could be of interest if the Chinese wanted to actually launch an attack.”

Chinese ballon on 16:49 - Feb 6 with 2865 viewscontroversial_jack

Chinese ballon on 16:36 - Feb 6 by Boundy

Why do governments use surveillance balloons?
In the age of satellites, surveillance balloons — which are typically advanced balloons equipped with high-tech, downward-pointing imaging gear — offer close-range monitoring, Iain Boyd, a professor of Aerospace Engineering Sciences at the University of Colorado Boulder, told The Conversation news site. The balloons are sometimes left subject to weather patterns but can be equipped with a “guiding apparatus” to control their path.

While satellites remain the “preferred method of spying from overhead”, the lower-flying balloons, which hover at about the same height as commercial airlines fly, can typically take clearer images than the lowest orbiting satellites, Boyd explained. That’s mostly due to the speed of such satellites, which complete one Earth orbit in 90 minutes.

Another type of satellite is able to rotate in sync with Earth, allowing it to take continuous images of one location, according to Boyd, although such satellites orbit farther away from the planet, and therefore typically produce foggier images.

Surveillance balloons can also be capable of “gathering electronic signals” and intercepting communications, according to David DeRoches, a professor at the Near East South Asia Center for Strategic Studies at the National Defense University in Washington, DC.

He told Al Jazeera the Chinese balloon shot down by the US could also have been used to “gather information on what kind of signals [the US is] using to track it, so it could possibly identify and classify radar hits … which could be of interest if the Chinese wanted to actually launch an attack.”

Why would the Chinese want to launch an attack?
Chinese ballon on 17:58 - Feb 6 with 2856 viewsBoundy

Chinese ballon on 16:49 - Feb 6 by controversial_jack

No idea , I never wrote the article. Why wouldn't they ?

Chinese ballon on 18:11 - Feb 6 with 2844 viewsSullutaCreturned

And my point is you changed tack very quickly.

Apparently there's another "weather balloon" over the Southern American continent, the Chinese aren't very good at all this stuff, are they?

Who knows what they are but I doubt the Chinese are telling the truth and if the USA recovers the thing they shot down, no doubt they'll tell us whatever story they feel like.
Chinese ballon on 18:17 - Feb 6 with 2838 viewscontroversial_jack

Chinese ballon on 18:11 - Feb 6 by SullutaCreturned

And my point is you changed tack very quickly.

Apparently there's another "weather balloon" over the Southern American continent, the Chinese aren't very good at all this stuff, are they?

Who knows what they are but I doubt the Chinese are telling the truth and if the USA recovers the thing they shot down, no doubt they'll tell us whatever story they feel like.

How did i change tack? I stated it may be a false flag by the Yanks. Meaning it wasn't there to spy
Chinese ballon on 18:35 - Feb 6 with 2831 viewsSullutaCreturned

Chinese ballon on 18:17 - Feb 6 by controversial_jack

How did i change tack? I stated it may be a false flag by the Yanks. Meaning it wasn't there to spy

You said,

Another false flag by the Americans? Chinese can get what they want from satellites.

You tried to word it ambiguously but the second part is a clear accusation. Then, when it was pointed out how sillya flase flag idea is, you changed tack.

End of story, goodnight.
Chinese ballon on 20:12 - Feb 6 with 2799 viewscontroversial_jack

Chinese ballon on 18:35 - Feb 6 by SullutaCreturned

You said,

You tried to word it ambiguously but the second part is a clear accusation. Then, when it was pointed out how sillya flase flag idea is, you changed tack.

End of story, goodnight.

A question mark denotes a question, did you miss that bit?

The Chinese, can indeed get what they want from satelites.

You have made a fool of yourself again
Chinese ballon on 00:01 - Feb 7 with 2753 viewsDJack

Chinese ballon on 20:12 - Feb 6 by controversial_jack

A question mark denotes a question, did you miss that bit?

The Chinese, can indeed get what they want from satelites.

You have made a fool of yourself again

You totally avoided my post...

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Chinese ballon on 07:43 - Feb 7 with 2727 viewsKilkennyjack

Its the 4th balloon.

Trump never told about the 3 during his Presidency.
What a cry baby loser Trump is.

Beware of the Risen People

Chinese ballon on 07:50 - Feb 7 with 2726 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Why are the Chinese so interested in the weather over America. ?

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Chinese ballon on 07:52 - Feb 7 with 2724 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Chinese ballon on 16:49 - Feb 6 by controversial_jack

You could always ask why the Russians would launch an attack in a sovereign nation.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024