Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fernando Llorente? 21:11 - Feb 24 with 1315 viewsdantheswansman

What a player for us , so crucial in our history ?

Discuss ?
I personally thought he was superb
attacking , knew were goal was and had the finest head in Europe lol
Fernando Llorente? on 21:24 - Feb 24 with 1284 viewsAnotherJohn

Bought us another season in the EPL. I remember coming away from the Everton home game elated, thinking the results on that day had given us a real chance of survival when it has seemed unlikely before. I was gutted when Llorente and Gylfi left, as they were scoring crucial goals. I still think we would probably have stayed up if they had stayed and given us more time to rebuild.
Fernando Llorente? on 22:00 - Feb 24 with 1223 viewsReslovenSwan1

He came at 31 I think and the club made a mistake giving him only a two year deal. With two years after his excellent season the club could have held onto him for the fateful final season in the Premier league. It is likely they would have just about earned enough points to stay up.

Instead the club blew £12m on a shot Wilfried Bony who could a pass fitness tests but not complete football games..

Wise sage since Toshack era

Fernando Llorente? on 22:01 - Feb 24 with 1220 viewsonehunglow

Fernando Llorente? on 22:00 - Feb 24 by ReslovenSwan1

He came at 31 I think and the club made a mistake giving him only a two year deal. With two years after his excellent season the club could have held onto him for the fateful final season in the Premier league. It is likely they would have just about earned enough points to stay up.

Instead the club blew £12m on a shot Wilfried Bony who could a pass fitness tests but not complete football games..

Very true
Llorente did us proud

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Fernando Llorente? on 22:54 - Feb 24 with 1188 viewsKilkennyjack

Also Borja (£15.5m), Mesa (£11m) and Clucas (£16.5m) ….and our fate was sealed.
Done like a kipper ….

Beware of the Risen People

Fernando Llorente? on 23:45 - Feb 24 with 1150 viewsReslovenSwan1

Fernando Llorente? on 22:54 - Feb 24 by Kilkennyjack

Also Borja (£15.5m), Mesa (£11m) and Clucas (£16.5m) ….and our fate was sealed.
Done like a kipper ….

David Ledbetter was HJ s recruitment man. he had a lot of success at the lower price tickets like Fer and Fabianski even Ayew and Bony first time around and Gomis. Talk was Guidolin was the one who wanted Llorente. Perhaps he will help him at Newport.

Guidolin was Swansea best hope of a 3-5 year managers. Too old to get poached and should have been too good to get sacked. 2 seasons is the maximum now.

I do not understand how Brentford have kept Thomas Frank for so long. They have fought hard to keep him. Swansea will just let successful manager walk.

Fernando Llorente? on 07:47 - Feb 25 with 1062 viewsHeadmaster

Hang on, didn’t you keep calling him a wardrobe at the time?
Fernando Llorente? on 08:55 - Feb 25 with 1001 viewsgrabsplatter

Quality striker & a really good pro even though he was past his best when he joined us.
Still remember his goals at Anfield, especially the second one - what a great day out that was 😊
Fernando Llorente? on 09:01 - Feb 25 with 996 viewsonehunglow

Fernando Llorente? on 08:55 - Feb 25 by grabsplatter

Quality striker & a really good pro even though he was past his best when he joined us.
Still remember his goals at Anfield, especially the second one - what a great day out that was 😊

Wasn’t it just

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Fernando Llorente? on 16:55 - Feb 25 with 857 viewsReslovenSwan1

Fernando Llorente? on 07:47 - Feb 25 by Headmaster

Hang on, didn’t you keep calling him a wardrobe at the time?

I never called him a wardrobe. I have a lot of tolerance for big centre forwards as they are a rare find in Wales since John Hartson. We do not have any. Swansea academy / CoE none whatsoever. The people calling the shots prefere centre backs (loads of them). Brandon Cooper, Joe Lewis, Cameron Evans could they have been moulded into no 9s over the 8 or 8 years at the academy?

I was one of the very few to appreciate Courtney Baker Richardson. He was stronger than defenders in the 6 yard box. I fear crosses by Platcheta and Ronald will be wasted on Cullen and Yates.

Cullen effectively missed with a header from 5 m straight at the keeper. It was good play by Ronald to pick up the ball off the keeper. Cullen needs that bit of craft to bury it first time. It is his job.

Fernando Llorente? on 17:09 - Feb 29 with 551 viewsSwans9

He seemed to score with his knee shoulder anywhere really who cares the ball went in the net. He was great for us in a poor side around him apart from the fab keeper.
Fernando Llorente? on 18:06 - Feb 29 with 511 viewsdantheswansman

Fernando Llorente? on 21:24 - Feb 24 by AnotherJohn

Bought us another season in the EPL. I remember coming away from the Everton home game elated, thinking the results on that day had given us a real chance of survival when it has seemed unlikely before. I was gutted when Llorente and Gylfi left, as they were scoring crucial goals. I still think we would probably have stayed up if they had stayed and given us more time to rebuild.

I was catching up on his goals for us on YouTube and though a thread was warranted, great asset and as you say he got us another season
Fernando Llorente? on 18:10 - Feb 29 with 504 viewsReslovenSwan1

Blackburn have a fine young player on loan at Motherwell. Brillant in the air. Jack Vale. Wales u21 international.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024