Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom Carroll to sign? 09:22 - Jan 18 with 1526 viewsRabbram10

Young Midfielder from Spurs touted to sign this week along with Noble if you are to believe the tabloids?
Tom Carroll to sign? on 10:25 - Jan 18 with 1519 viewshemingway

Is this an indication that Green's on the way out?

ranting for the greater good

Tom Carroll to sign? on 10:38 - Jan 18 with 1516 viewsRabbram10

I think Green will go along with Cwyka & Croft?
There r a few clubs looking at Green & if the right bid comes in I think he will b gone!
There was talk in the Sunday papers that Crystal Palace were preparing a bid for Bailey around £400K? Not sure what strength there is in that one!!
Tom Carroll to sign? on 16:53 - Jan 18 with 1489 viewsswamp_thing

Tom Carroll to sign? on 10:38 - Jan 18 by Rabbram10

I think Green will go along with Cwyka & Croft?
There r a few clubs looking at Green & if the right bid comes in I think he will b gone!
There was talk in the Sunday papers that Crystal Palace were preparing a bid for Bailey around £400K? Not sure what strength there is in that one!!

£400k for Bailey would be a joke. Isn't that what we paid for him?

If Tom Carroll comes in, Paul Green's a goner. Mind you, Carroll's said to have a bit of tallent.
Tom Carroll to sign? on 17:06 - Jan 30 with 1406 viewshemingway

Well, Carroll's here. I suppose that means Green's off. Is a 19-year-old really the ideal replacement?

ranting for the greater good

Tom Carroll to sign? on 19:25 - Jan 30 with 1398 viewsdavram

Tom Carroll to sign? on 17:06 - Jan 30 by hemingway

Well, Carroll's here. I suppose that means Green's off. Is a 19-year-old really the ideal replacement?

No. It just saves more money. That's the priority. Noble & Carroll will need to produce quickly. Some of our existing forward players are still out of favour or just too fragile for the Championship, poor souls.

The GSE trick with UK football is to just "maintain status" - i.e. keep the Championship revenue & attendances as far as possible with minimal investment.

So they won't quite allow the squad to be so under strength & lacking in quality that relegation becomes a real possibility - nearly got that badly wrong a couple of times - but don't sign any attacking players of true quality, because they'll get you promoted, which is too expensive.

A "frees & loans" policy, with some inevitable barrel-scraping, is the order of the day. As a well-supported club, we're at the front of the back of the queue for any players, if you get my drift.

Just get a solid defence and invest in enough youth to keep things afloat and bring in the odd transfer fee.

An improved League position (at long last) is possible, which will give the GSE green light to season ticket price increases.

But we remember the "top six next season" promise by TG last year, don't we? I think he meant "top 6 in September, folks - what more do you want?"

I wonder if Tony Pulis liked the look of any of our players on Saturday - maybe take punt on a late January snatch for one of our "star" defenders?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024