Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does MH think he can improve the strikers we have? 13:22 - Jan 20 with 997 viewsJB1982

Lots of the (alleged) transfer activity is focused on the defence.
Presumably, MH thinks he can help Bothroyd, DJ, etc achieve their potential?

Hope so.
Does MH think he can improve the strikers we have? on 13:23 - Jan 20 with 992 viewsHarlesdon

Build from the back
Does MH think he can improve the strikers we have? on 13:26 - Jan 20 with 985 viewsbarbicanranger

Does MH think he can improve the strikers we have? on 13:23 - Jan 20 by Harlesdon

Build from the back

Agreed, there's another similar thread running concurrently with this one about midfielders, I think Hughes is building from the back and to me that makes sense, tighten up at the back make it the platform for the rest of the team. Hughes has played Bothroyd twice and the boy needs a proper run in the team - I thought he looked better in both those games than any of the others he's played in this season and I can't see the point on spunking money on Zamora when with a bit of work JB could do the job that he does...
Does MH think he can improve the strikers we have? on 13:28 - Jan 20 with 977 viewsJB1982

Does MH think he can improve the strikers we have? on 13:26 - Jan 20 by barbicanranger

Agreed, there's another similar thread running concurrently with this one about midfielders, I think Hughes is building from the back and to me that makes sense, tighten up at the back make it the platform for the rest of the team. Hughes has played Bothroyd twice and the boy needs a proper run in the team - I thought he looked better in both those games than any of the others he's played in this season and I can't see the point on spunking money on Zamora when with a bit of work JB could do the job that he does...

Yeah. I can't really remember what type of player MH was (only a young'un) but I wondered if Hughes can use his experience to develop the options we have up front. Bothroyd clearly needs more time, more games and some confidence (being boo-ed by QPR fans probably doesn't help).
Does MH think he can improve the strikers we have? on 15:08 - Jan 20 with 925 viewsMatch82

The OP is an interesting one, has Hughes ever been a coach, or just a manager? Playing at the level he did, you would think that he may have something to teach about movement and technique - I guess we'll find out pretty soon if our strikers are popping in 20 yard volleys!
Does MH think he can improve the strikers we have? on 15:12 - Jan 20 with 919 viewsWestbourneR

'With a bit of work JB can do the job Zamora does' - totally kidding yourself sadly. Zamora is better in many many ways and always will be.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024