Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mr Dunphy & the board 16:37 - Jan 23 with 1825 viewsrafc1984

Well done for landing Mr Coleman, no doubt a massive effort on your parts. I am sure you have got us the right man and we can now move forward.
It has been a difficult time but I think the good times will be back very soon.

Chris Dunphy top bloke and best chairman we could wish for...
Mr Dunphy & the board on 16:51 - Jan 23 with 1739 viewsBeechy

Slow down chap.

We lose on Saturday then Coleman has to go!
Mr Dunphy & the board on 16:53 - Jan 23 with 1714 viewsrafc1984

Mr Dunphy & the board on 16:51 - Jan 23 by Beechy

Slow down chap.

We lose on Saturday then Coleman has to go!

Mr Dunphy & the board on 16:56 - Jan 23 with 1678 viewsBrierls

Absolutely! People have been very quick to criticise, but Chris Dunphy and the board have dug deep to replace Eyre with Coleman (assuming we agree compo!). Enticing him away from a job for life at Accy is no mean feat.

Well done Chris Dunphy and Co, and thank you!
Mr Dunphy & the board on 17:04 - Jan 23 with 1631 viewsdalenumber2

Agreed, I think that whereas we may not necessarily see results immediately, this is an appointment with the long term future in mind and we hopefully won't see any criticism of him if he doesn't work miracles straight away. I am wondering if Coleman will now want to bring in any players from Accrington with him? Anyone take your fancy?
Mr Dunphy & the board on 17:06 - Jan 23 with 1605 viewsTomRAFC

once again well done to chris dunphy

can sing the mans praises enough in the face of some of the nonesense thats been put on here

onwards and upwards... with a news winger please (johnson still not got a club)

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Mr Dunphy & the board on 18:03 - Jan 23 with 1453 viewsD_Alien

And it's a well done from me!

I could say a lot about your detractors, but I won't - time to move onwards and more than likely upwards with Coleman in charge!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Mr Dunphy & the board on 18:07 - Jan 23 with 1433 viewsColDale

I think Dunphy has pulled off a blinder here. Let us be in no doubt that it would have been a much tougher job to sell the club to potential managers than it would have been in the Summer, and if rumours are to be believed, this was shown with the number of applicants for the job.

Many have tried to tempt Coleman elsewhere in the past, no surprise given the job that he has done there. Dunphy must really have done a job convincing Coleman how much he was wanted at Spotland.
Mr Dunphy & the board on 18:15 - Jan 23 with 1399 viewsCedar_Room

credit where it's due to the board - regardless of how well he does, to entice Coleman away from Accy shows real balls. I for one am delighted by his appointment and this just (just) might give us a chance of staying up
Login to get fewer ads

Mr Dunphy & the board on 18:17 - Jan 23 with 1379 viewsD_Alien

Mr Dunphy & the board on 18:07 - Jan 23 by ColDale

I think Dunphy has pulled off a blinder here. Let us be in no doubt that it would have been a much tougher job to sell the club to potential managers than it would have been in the Summer, and if rumours are to be believed, this was shown with the number of applicants for the job.

Many have tried to tempt Coleman elsewhere in the past, no surprise given the job that he has done there. Dunphy must really have done a job convincing Coleman how much he was wanted at Spotland.

But lets also appreciate just how special we are as a club!

We operate with the same values as Accy and possibly with an even greater "us against the world" mentality - and I don't mean "little Rochdale" but the sheer fact that our gates and footballing roots as a town on the periphery of the Manchester conurbation will always make life a struggle

Just, in my opinion, what JC would want rather than a club with a "big fish in small pond" mentality such as Bradford
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Mr Dunphy & the board on 18:33 - Jan 23 with 1329 viewsjudd

Any truth in the rumour that an offer of a friendly swung the deal?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Mr Dunphy & the board on 18:42 - Jan 23 with 1285 viewsArthurDaley

Oh good, after me saying i wasnt going again. I guess i will make it up to Spotland Saturday.
And a very big welcome to Spotland, John.

A large VAT Dave

Mr Dunphy & the board on 19:24 - Jan 23 with 1182 viewsSalwaDale

I think all 3 of our managerial appointments this season have been the correct decision at the time.

Correct to gamble on Eyre - and only hindsight shows it didn't work. Correct to give Beech a go and now a great decision to go for Coleman. I can't think of a manager I would have been happier with. Never thought we'd get him.

TBBT

Mr Dunphy & the board on 19:26 - Jan 23 with 1167 viewsfunkkk

Mr Dunphy & the board on 19:24 - Jan 23 by SalwaDale

I think all 3 of our managerial appointments this season have been the correct decision at the time.

Correct to gamble on Eyre - and only hindsight shows it didn't work. Correct to give Beech a go and now a great decision to go for Coleman. I can't think of a manager I would have been happier with. Never thought we'd get him.

How were we correct to gamble on Eyre?
Mr Dunphy & the board on 20:37 - Jan 23 with 1084 viewsCedar_Room

Mr Dunphy & the board on 19:24 - Jan 23 by SalwaDale

sorry can't agree with this re Eyre. I thought he was the wrong appointment at the time. We needed an experienced head who knew the lower leagues to consolidate our position as a L1 team. Perhaps a few years down the line when that had been achieved could we look to an Eyre-like appointment. Coleman should have been the man chosen in the summer. Not meant as a dig at the board as I am very happy we have now secured Coleman's services - more of a challenge to this "perceived wisdom" that Eyre was the right choice in the summer.
Mr Dunphy & the board on 20:39 - Jan 23 with 1062 viewsSalwaDale

OK, maybe I'll phrase it slightly differently. I'm a believer in the statement that 'a decision made for the right reason is the right decision'.

And I firmly believe the board made the decisions for the right reason. Clearly they were wrong and it was a bad appointment but that doesn't, for me, mean that it was a bad decision.

Fully understand people disagreeing or being able to understand my logic though.

TBBT

Mr Dunphy & the board on 21:22 - Jan 23 with 1001 viewsDorkingDale

Absolutely wonderful Board for pulling this off. Chairman was in bar pre-match at Wycombe, interacting with fans but not letting on any info which might scupper the deal. Top man. Onward & upward!
Mr Dunphy & the board on 21:23 - Jan 23 with 998 viewsNewbury_Dale

Hopefully Dunphy gives Coleman some tools to do the job. Loan signings are not the answer for a team in this position. We need hungry players who have a medium->long term commitment to the shirt.
Mr Dunphy & the board on 21:27 - Jan 23 with 978 viewsjudd

Mr Dunphy & the board on 21:23 - Jan 23 by Newbury_Dale

Hopefully Dunphy gives Coleman some tools to do the job. Loan signings are not the answer for a team in this position. We need hungry players who have a medium->long term commitment to the shirt.

He's got the tools...

Poll: What is it to be then?

Mr Dunphy & the board on 21:29 - Jan 23 with 966 viewsdalenumber2

Mr Dunphy & the board on 21:27 - Jan 23 by judd

He's got the tools...

Mr Dunphy & the board on 21:53 - Jan 23 with 887 viewsPhil

I said I wouldn't post again, but it would be churlish of me not to acknowledge the work and commitment done by Dunphy on this one.
Mr Dunphy & the board on 22:27 - Jan 23 with 828 viewsqlrken05

Mr Dunphy & the board on 18:07 - Jan 23 by ColDale

I agree with that Col. this is a blinder of an appoinment, We as supporters now must get right behind Chris Dunphy , the Board and our new Managerial team.
Starting Saturday agains Bury .
Come on the DALE
and Thank you CD

Come on Rochdale... Come on Rochdale

Mr Dunphy & the board on 05:28 - Jan 24 with 717 viewsrochdalefan9

Mr Dunphy & the board on 22:27 - Jan 23 by qlrken05

I agree with that Col. this is a blinder of an appoinment, We as supporters now must get right behind Chris Dunphy , the Board and our new Managerial team.
Starting Saturday agains Bury .
Come on the DALE
and Thank you CD

Great move for the board for getting Coleman. Just hope some of our fans dont spoil the big day for him on Saturday.

Hugs
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024