Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Absolutely Outstanding 20:35 - Jan 28 with 2272 viewsjacobdale96

That perfromance today was arguably up there with the Southampton and Sheff Wed of last season, in terms of endeavour, commitment, and that bit of class. Any Thought..?
Absolutely Outstanding on 20:38 - Jan 28 with 2256 views442Dale

It was a display similar to some of those we saw from Hill's sides just after he took over. Completely over-running the opposition.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Absolutely Outstanding on 08:53 - Jan 29 with 2071 viewsThe_DJ

yep
Absolutely Outstanding on 10:26 - Jan 29 with 1950 viewsAtThePeake

I'm not sure if you've heard lads, but that wasn't us playing well, that was Bury playing awful - they always lose to teams on a bad run.

Balls to that, we were terrific and it was a joy to watch. Particularly Jason Kennedy. That was his best performance in a League One game. He was everywhere, he won every tackle, found every pass and was terrific from start to finish.

And let's hope for many more. JCBA

Tangled up in blue.

Absolutely Outstanding on 13:53 - Jan 29 with 1810 viewsfrequency

Absolutely Outstanding on 10:26 - Jan 29 by AtThePeake

I'm not sure if you've heard lads, but that wasn't us playing well, that was Bury playing awful - they always lose to teams on a bad run.

Balls to that, we were terrific and it was a joy to watch. Particularly Jason Kennedy. That was his best performance in a League One game. He was everywhere, he won every tackle, found every pass and was terrific from start to finish.

i had to keep pinching myself,could not believe what i was watching,a very well spent £18

Hate city

Absolutely Outstanding on 14:11 - Jan 29 with 1764 viewsfrenzied

great display but next up is charlton the best team in this league by far,only 8 goals conceeded at home...if we get anything there it will be fantastic .
Absolutely Outstanding on 16:34 - Jan 29 with 1620 viewsmacro

If Dale play with the same passion anything is possible, although I'd take a point now
Absolutely Outstanding on 16:47 - Jan 29 with 1594 viewskirbys

Absolutely Outstanding on 10:26 - Jan 29 by AtThePeake

You are spot on with the comments about JK. He has been good most of the season despite managerial issues. A true pro he has consistently been our top player for a while, but yesterday amongst 10 others he was awsome.
Absolutely Outstanding on 16:49 - Jan 29 with 1586 viewsSalwaDale

Absolutely Outstanding on 16:47 - Jan 29 by kirbys

You are spot on with the comments about JK. He has been good most of the season despite managerial issues. A true pro he has consistently been our top player for a while, but yesterday amongst 10 others he was awsome.

Player of the season so far for me - by a country mile.

TBBT

Login to get fewer ads

Absolutely Outstanding on 16:53 - Jan 29 with 1565 viewsColDale

yesterday was far, far superior to the win at their place. I know we played magically well for 20 odd minutes there and could easily have scored more, we still offered them a sniff and there was always a feeling that if we conceded again, we'd have an awkward close to the game. I never felt that way yesterday at all. Yesterday was very solid, but also felt quite routine. It didn't have the air of a performance where everything just happened to come off, it was very much "this is what we do". A benchmark has been set for the remainder of the season.
Absolutely Outstanding on 16:58 - Jan 29 with 1538 viewsSalwaDale

Absolutely Outstanding on 16:53 - Jan 29 by ColDale

yesterday was far, far superior to the win at their place. I know we played magically well for 20 odd minutes there and could easily have scored more, we still offered them a sniff and there was always a feeling that if we conceded again, we'd have an awkward close to the game. I never felt that way yesterday at all. Yesterday was very solid, but also felt quite routine. It didn't have the air of a performance where everything just happened to come off, it was very much "this is what we do". A benchmark has been set for the remainder of the season.

I liked they way we made the last 20 minutes or so really boring.

TBBT

Absolutely Outstanding on 17:53 - Jan 29 with 1461 viewsluckystrike

Absolutely Outstanding on 16:58 - Jan 29 by SalwaDale

I liked they way we made the last 20 minutes or so really boring.

I really like JC's interview on player, very humble wants no credit for the result, totally singing the praises of the players. Said to the lads at half time 'who didn't enjoy that?'

John Coleman's barmy army!!
Absolutely Outstanding on 18:37 - Jan 29 with 1395 viewsolympicdale

that was simply how we CAN play, we did it countless times last season and in the promotion year, all about getting the belief back to the players to let them show what they can do.

bURY were simply Footballed to death.

Life is a game of fate.

Absolutely Outstanding on 23:30 - Jan 29 with 1292 viewsmiddale

Absolutely Outstanding on 20:38 - Jan 28 by 442Dale

It was a display similar to some of those we saw from Hill's sides just after he took over. Completely over-running the opposition.

It wasn't a million miles off but IMO still well behind some of the first half attacking displays under Hill - especially Sheff Wed at home where there were threats from everywhere. The three key differences were Wiseman, Done and COG, longer term we'll still need a right back who attacks and overlaps, someone who is more of a Done-esque will-o-the-wisp in the attacking midfield role than Jones and an intelligent striker like COG.

Blog: Addicted to Rochdale (Part 17) Diary of the 2010-11 Season

Absolutely Outstanding on 07:08 - Jan 30 with 1240 views1907

Absolutely Outstanding on 23:30 - Jan 29 by middale

It wasn't a million miles off but IMO still well behind some of the first half attacking displays under Hill - especially Sheff Wed at home where there were threats from everywhere. The three key differences were Wiseman, Done and COG, longer term we'll still need a right back who attacks and overlaps, someone who is more of a Done-esque will-o-the-wisp in the attacking midfield role than Jones and an intelligent striker like COG.

IMO Tutte could play in a forward attacking midfield role. Not scared to have a dig and has a good peg on him.
Absolutely Outstanding on 10:30 - Jan 30 with 1108 viewsDale1940

Absolutely Outstanding on 23:30 - Jan 29 by middale

I thought defensively we were better than the Hill period, we closed them down much quicker and tackled them much quicker , and didnt give them a sniff.
Absolutely Outstanding on 14:16 - Jan 30 with 1046 viewsmiddale

Absolutely Outstanding on 10:30 - Jan 30 by Dale1940

I thought defensively we were better than the Hill period, we closed them down much quicker and tackled them much quicker , and didnt give them a sniff.

Yes agree, though Bury not quite such a scalp or attacking threat as Sheff Wed or Southampton

Blog: Addicted to Rochdale (Part 17) Diary of the 2010-11 Season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024