Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rochdale fan R.I.P 14:53 - Feb 9 with 7394 viewsofficialdale

Nicky Adams just tweeted.

"RIP to the rochdale fan who lost his life 2weeks ago after the bury game. Absolute tragedy. My Heart goes out to his family. X"

Anybody know who it was etc?

RIP
Rochdale fan R.I.P on 19:49 - Feb 9 with 1549 viewsSuddenLad

Rochdale fan R.I.P on 17:08 - Feb 9 by Brierls

Awful news. R.I.P.

I agree with TTNYear (and others) regarding the minutes silence. The best option is a 'remembrance day', where there is a minutes applause for all fans, ex-players etc that have passed away that year. Lots of clubs do that.

I know it's been suggested before, but it would surely be an appropriate thing for all clubs to do, before the last home game of the season, to take the opportunity pay respects to all those who had passed away since that season started. A 'Day of Memory' if you like.

That's not to say that certain specific individuals shouldn't be recognised as and when their passing occurs, but that would have to be based on existing criteria.

Why CAN'T we remember supporters and friends on a 'one-off' basis, for one match per season ? It seems a good idea to me.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Rochdale fan R.I.P on 20:02 - Feb 9 with 1530 viewstonythegob

Rochdale fan R.I.P on 16:30 - Feb 9 by rafc1977

Didnt know that a fan had passed away until reading this thread, but I had visited the club shop around dinnertime today and when I was driving off (exiting via Sandy Lane) all the players and office staff were stood on Sandy Lane, so it looks like they were there to pay their respects. Nice touch Dale, RIP to our departed Dale friend.

Worked with the lad, top bloke who would do anything for you much respected member of staff and the turn out today shows how well he was thought off ,well done RAFC players and staff for showing there respects was mentioned today at the funeral.meant alot to his family and freinds Dale through and through .

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Rochdale fan R.I.P on 20:05 - Feb 9 with 1518 viewsDoris

Rochdale fan R.I.P on 20:02 - Feb 9 by tonythegob

Worked with the lad, top bloke who would do anything for you much respected member of staff and the turn out today shows how well he was thought off ,well done RAFC players and staff for showing there respects was mentioned today at the funeral.meant alot to his family and freinds Dale through and through .

Gone but not forgotten RIP

Member of staff ? one of our own.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Rochdale fan R.I.P on 20:40 - Feb 9 with 1489 viewstonythegob

Rochdale fan R.I.P on 20:05 - Feb 9 by Doris

Member of staff ? one of our own.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Sorry worded wrong meant it was a good gesture for players and office staff to mark there respects,worked aS a electrician at the NHS,Dale through and through
All Dale fans are one of our own sorely missed
Rochdale fan R.I.P on 20:45 - Feb 9 with 1465 viewsDoris

Rochdale fan R.I.P on 20:40 - Feb 9 by tonythegob

Sorry worded wrong meant it was a good gesture for players and office staff to mark there respects,worked aS a electrician at the NHS,Dale through and through
All Dale fans are one of our own sorely missed

Still one of ours whatever ,we live as a team etc etc.
very sad.
Rochdale fan R.I.P on 21:32 - Feb 9 with 1439 viewsG_Dale

The lad who died is my best mate called Danny. After the bury game we all went to a surprise birthday do in milnrow and at some point early on sunday morning he fell down the stairs. Very sad, but the club have been fantastic. It was the funeral today and it's been an awful day but RAFC players, staff, board, etc all came out to show their respect as the funeral precession passed on sandy lane.

Personally iwould not want any recognition or anything over the top etc. The club have been there for us when we needed them the most. Rochdale may have lost 1 fan, but through their show of respect they have gained many more. You wouldn't get this support from the uniteds or city's of this world and it makes me proud to be a Dale fan. Thanks for all the messages of support, it means a lot.

Danny did post on here, maybe only a handfull of times. His name was diddles or daleddles or something like that. Can't remember to be honest.

Poll: Dale player. Do you use it?

Rochdale fan R.I.P on 21:36 - Feb 9 with 1432 viewsG_Dale

I don't think there should be a minutes silence etc.

Danny was a Dale fan and avid supporter. He wasn't an ex player or connected with the club, and I feel minutes silence etc are for people connected with the club.

There will be a tribute to him in the Bournemouth programme and that's more than we could have hoped for

Rochdale fan R.I.P on 22:37 - Feb 9 with 1381 viewsDorkingDale

Rochdale fan R.I.P on 16:30 - Feb 9 by rafc1977

Didnt know that a fan had passed away until reading this thread, but I had visited the club shop around dinnertime today and when I was driving off (exiting via Sandy Lane) all the players and office staff were stood on Sandy Lane, so it looks like they were there to pay their respects. Nice touch Dale, RIP to our departed Dale friend.

And that sums up what's great about our club.
Login to get fewer ads

Rochdale fan R.I.P on 07:55 - Feb 10 with 1283 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Rochdale fan R.I.P on 15:43 - Feb 9 by AtThePeake

Suppose obviously then comes the issue of when is a fan deserving of one?...

Yeah, I do see your point, but I think if that is an actual law of the game then it's a pretty ridiculous one.

Criteria should be:

Must have been a fan for a minimum of 15 years, may or not need to be a season ticket holder but will have to provide ticket stubs to prove length of support and validity of claim.

Must have bought a Rochdale meerkat t-shirt.

Only then can you have a round of applause/silence/charity rock concert etc..
Rochdale fan R.I.P on 08:19 - Feb 10 with 1260 viewsrafc1977

Rochdale fan R.I.P on 21:32 - Feb 9 by G_Dale

The lad who died is my best mate called Danny. After the bury game we all went to a surprise birthday do in milnrow and at some point early on sunday morning he fell down the stairs. Very sad, but the club have been fantastic. It was the funeral today and it's been an awful day but RAFC players, staff, board, etc all came out to show their respect as the funeral precession passed on sandy lane.

Personally iwould not want any recognition or anything over the top etc. The club have been there for us when we needed them the most. Rochdale may have lost 1 fan, but through their show of respect they have gained many more. You wouldn't get this support from the uniteds or city's of this world and it makes me proud to be a Dale fan. Thanks for all the messages of support, it means a lot.

Danny did post on here, maybe only a handfull of times. His name was diddles or daleddles or something like that. Can't remember to be honest.

G Dale I am sorry to hear that it was a close friend of yours who sadly passed away. I hope yourself and his family can take heart from the well wishes on here and from the club. A very close friend of mine passed away just after new year in the promotion season and both posters on here and the club were fantastic. We held the wake at the club and Allans parents and close friends were allowed to go and stand on an empty Sandy lane terrace to reflect. I hope you have the feeling I do whenever you enter the ground, that being the great dale memories you shared with your pal.
Rochdale fan R.I.P on 08:33 - Feb 10 with 1251 viewsG_Dale

Rochdale fan R.I.P on 08:19 - Feb 10 by rafc1977

G Dale I am sorry to hear that it was a close friend of yours who sadly passed away. I hope yourself and his family can take heart from the well wishes on here and from the club. A very close friend of mine passed away just after new year in the promotion season and both posters on here and the club were fantastic. We held the wake at the club and Allans parents and close friends were allowed to go and stand on an empty Sandy lane terrace to reflect. I hope you have the feeling I do whenever you enter the ground, that being the great dale memories you shared with your pal.

Cheers. I really can't express how fantastic the club have been. It will be strange going back in the sandy without him, but your right. Got fantastic memories. Let's hope this weather improves so we can actually get a game to watch

Rochdale fan R.I.P on 14:32 - Feb 10 with 1143 viewspioneer

Rochdale fan R.I.P on 21:32 - Feb 9 by G_Dale

On what do you base your claim (you wouldn't get this support from the United or City's of this world"?

My father in law was a season ticket holder at City who died from stomach cancer a few years ago. I contacted the club while he was in hospital and they were magnificent, a card signed by all the players delivered by two of them to him in hospital, a short obituary and photo in the match programme. That visit and card really brought some pleasure to him in his final days.

So please base your jibes at other organisations on facts not prejudice.

Rochdale fan R.I.P on 14:59 - Feb 10 with 1124 viewsofficialdale

Rochdale fan R.I.P on 19:49 - Feb 9 by SuddenLad

I know it's been suggested before, but it would surely be an appropriate thing for all clubs to do, before the last home game of the season, to take the opportunity pay respects to all those who had passed away since that season started. A 'Day of Memory' if you like.

That's not to say that certain specific individuals shouldn't be recognised as and when their passing occurs, but that would have to be based on existing criteria.

Why CAN'T we remember supporters and friends on a 'one-off' basis, for one match per season ? It seems a good idea to me.

I like this idea
Rochdale fan R.I.P on 15:04 - Feb 10 with 1112 viewsG_Dale

Rochdale fan R.I.P on 14:32 - Feb 10 by pioneer

On what do you base your claim (you wouldn't get this support from the United or City's of this world"?

My father in law was a season ticket holder at City who died from stomach cancer a few years ago. I contacted the club while he was in hospital and they were magnificent, a card signed by all the players delivered by two of them to him in hospital, a short obituary and photo in the match programme. That visit and card really brought some pleasure to him in his final days.

Fair point pal. My bad

Rochdale fan R.I.P on 21:44 - Feb 10 with 1030 viewstwotribes

Rochdale fan R.I.P on 14:32 - Feb 10 by pioneer

Slow down there Pioneer, G was speaking fresh from a very emotional day. whilst we of course are sympathetic to anyone who has had a loss, your father in law included, G was not having a dig at Manchester Clubs, more showing his appreciation for the Dale response.

Rochdale fan R.I.P on 22:06 - Feb 10 with 955 viewsNotEyreClue

Awful news.. I already knew about this owing to the fact that my Mum and Dad were at the same party as this young man on the night it all happened.

R.I.P and condolences to his family and loved ones

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024