Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scouting Scotland for players? 08:32 - Mar 8 with 1278 viewsRabbram10

Clough says he is going to scout Scotland for players they r more honest players there, like Maguire for example who he never plays?
Looks like another pile of cheap & cheerful players on the agenda for next season again, it's called scraping the barrel?????!!!!
Get your season tickets for another season of mediocrity!!!
Scouting Scotland for players? on 08:56 - Mar 8 with 1271 viewsswamp_thing

As long as reducing the budget is priority No.1, that should not come as any surprise. You can say we are not trying to emulate Barcelona on this side of 2050. I have a feeling the board will be content with a hop half finish for at least the next five seasons and Scottish players will probably give you just that.
Scouting Scotland for players? on 09:53 - Mar 8 with 1267 viewshemingway

Mentioning Maguire but not Bryson is somewhat selective.

ranting for the greater good

Scouting Scotland for players? on 14:11 - Mar 8 with 1252 viewsRabbram10

True !!!
Scouting Scotland for players? on 14:39 - Mar 8 with 1250 viewsBalsallRam

Scouting Scotland for players? on 14:11 - Mar 8 by Rabbram10

True !!!

We have reached the same number of points as we finished with last season.. and yet 12 games still to go. This does show improvement, maybe steady & not earth shattering & I think we have to realise that this is the 'Clough' way... sound foundations, no stupid transfer fees or wages paid & it's evolution as opposed to revolution...
Scouting Scotland for players? on 15:01 - Mar 8 with 1248 viewshemingway

Scouting Scotland for players? on 14:39 - Mar 8 by BalsallRam

We have reached the same number of points as we finished with last season.. and yet 12 games still to go. This does show improvement, maybe steady & not earth shattering & I think we have to realise that this is the 'Clough' way... sound foundations, no stupid transfer fees or wages paid & it's evolution as opposed to revolution...

same points as last season. Are you sure??

Scouting Scotland for players? on 15:29 - Mar 8 with 1244 viewsRabbram10

We finished with 49 points last season with a -13 goal difference & 19th place?!
Ever chance we will improve on that, I suppose an improvement is an improvement 😊😊!!
Scouting Scotland for players? on 16:23 - Mar 8 with 1235 viewsjiggyjag

19th place last season - so if we finished 1 place higher each season for the next 10 years would the fans be happy no not a chance would the board be happy yes they probably would.

Teams have proven you don't have to spend big to be up there but you do have to spend a little on quality and hang onto your better players this is something the board have failed to deliver and will continue to do so.

I'm afraid nothing will change on the field as long as they are in charge of the running of the club
Scouting Scotland for players? on 17:05 - Mar 8 with 1230 viewshemingway

Scouting Scotland for players? on 16:23 - Mar 8 by jiggyjag

19th place last season - so if we finished 1 place higher each season for the next 10 years would the fans be happy no not a chance would the board be happy yes they probably would.

Teams have proven you don't have to spend big to be up there but you do have to spend a little on quality and hang onto your better players this is something the board have failed to deliver and will continue to do so.

I'm afraid nothing will change on the field as long as they are in charge of the running of the club

What points total this season would you consider a significant improvement, jj?

Login to get fewer ads

Scouting Scotland for players? on 13:03 - Mar 9 with 1211 viewsjiggyjag

Scouting Scotland for players? on 17:05 - Mar 8 by hemingway

What points total this season would you consider a significant improvement, jj?

I suppose it's easy to say if we get more points than last season then that would be classed as an improvement.

Maybe I look more deeper into it did we under perform last season is the league not as strong as it was last season, have we road our luck and got away with it more this term.

So many things can happen in a game which can turn the match in your favour look at Leeds for instance they hadn't won a game for 5 matches then there next 6 they play against 10 or sometimes 9 men would they have won these games against 11 I am told not so you need need a little look to help your campaign.

I'm not trying to be negative and only want the club to succeed but I would see a top 9 finish as an improvement but then again if we were to finish that high then we would be right to expect a play off push next season but with the board I don't feel confident they will back us on the field financially
Scouting Scotland for players? on 13:34 - Mar 9 with 1207 viewshemingway

Scouting Scotland for players? on 13:03 - Mar 9 by jiggyjag

I suppose it's easy to say if we get more points than last season then that would be classed as an improvement.

Maybe I look more deeper into it did we under perform last season is the league not as strong as it was last season, have we road our luck and got away with it more this term.

So many things can happen in a game which can turn the match in your favour look at Leeds for instance they hadn't won a game for 5 matches then there next 6 they play against 10 or sometimes 9 men would they have won these games against 11 I am told not so you need need a little look to help your campaign.

I'm not trying to be negative and only want the club to succeed but I would see a top 9 finish as an improvement but then again if we were to finish that high then we would be right to expect a play off push next season but with the board I don't feel confident they will back us on the field financially

It was obvious at the start of this season that we didn't have enough quality to make the play-offs. But I was still hoping for a major improvement. 60 - 65 points?

That's still not out of the question, but I wouldn't count on it.

The owners must know that we won't stand for another summer of excuses. We know they're not going to spend a fortune. But we do need to add quality, and spend more wisely. Othewise PP will be half empty next season.

Scouting Scotland for players? on 19:17 - Mar 9 with 1196 viewsdavram

Scouting Scotland for players? on 13:34 - Mar 9 by hemingway

It was obvious at the start of this season that we didn't have enough quality to make the play-offs. But I was still hoping for a major improvement. 60 - 65 points?

That's still not out of the question, but I wouldn't count on it.

The owners must know that we won't stand for another summer of excuses. We know they're not going to spend a fortune. But we do need to add quality, and spend more wisely. Othewise PP will be half empty next season.

Anyone who attended the Legends Forum last night (some great stuff from Zak, Franny & Charlie, with Roger Davies putting on a very entertaining evening for hundreds of fans) will know how the mood changed when RD namechecked Glick & Appleby as being present, and Zak was then bravely outspoken about how the club now seemed to be permanently content with mediocrity.

Both of them spent a fair time during the interval & afterward fielding the views of many supporters who pointed to the great Rams strikers at the top table and asked when or if the club will ever aspire to number any players of real quality in a DCFC squad.

Some fans probably won't see such players at Derby again in their lifetime...

Once again, though, the annual promises about summer transfers are being made - a striker & a left back are "priority targets".

Apparently, Tom Naylor has already solved the question of right-back cover; if so, why is Paul Green still playing there?

Once we are "safe", the kids will come back in....and maybe some more players will be leaving.
Scouting Scotland for players? on 20:18 - Mar 9 with 1190 viewsRabbram10

As per usual Dav there seems to be more questions than answers!
I think we need to add a midfield general to the priority list, an Archie Gemmill would do me!!!!
Scouting Scotland for players? on 09:55 - Mar 10 with 1180 viewshemingway

Scouting Scotland for players? on 20:18 - Mar 9 by Rabbram10

As per usual Dav there seems to be more questions than answers!
I think we need to add a midfield general to the priority list, an Archie Gemmill would do me!!!!

Well, it's important that they know how we feel.

Scouting Scotland for players? on 11:49 - Mar 10 with 1176 viewstaffyram

Scouting Scotland for players? on 09:55 - Mar 10 by hemingway

Well, it's important that they know how we feel.

You do wonder if Mr Glick is in his own little bubble with regard to the strength of frustration and continuing disappointment among a sizeable body of supporters. Events like this and comments which occasionally reflect these views can only help to make the board aware that you can't keep delivering promises which end up being meaningless
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024