Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SWP - Cold hard facts and numbers 04:31 - Apr 12 with 3214 viewsQPR_ARG

I know I'm starting to become a very annoying anti-SWP poster (if I'm not already) but I just thought of one thing that made me go look into the numbers and see if the impression I'm under is too far off the mark or not.

My impression, and I told Ron (QPRnet), Finney and Clive on Twitter is that we are a better team WITHOUT Shaun Wright-Phillips and that the start of the solution for us would be to drop him. And I've been saying this way before he was dropped. I got as far as to say that the only chance we had to survive was to drop him (Finney is my witness!)

I think there is much more than just numbers to back up this "theory" of mine, but these facts sure put some light on this matter.

SWP started 24 matches for QPR.

He didn't start the first 3 of the season (he was at City), he didn't start the last 5 and he didn't play away at Swansea.

QPR have won 8 matches this season.

4 of those in the 9 matches SWP didn't start.

The other 4 in the 24 matches SWP started/played at least 45 mins.

12 points in 9 matches without him (1.33 point average)
19 points in 24 matches with him (0.79 point average)

I know we are all very happy with the result from last night and it's not my intention to point my finger at the things that went wrong for us this season. I just thought about this and wanted to share these numbers with you.

And I know about the many variables that affect football matches and their results, but after I gave SWP the benefit of the doubt for at least half of those 24 starts he had, I felt we needed to replace him and I believe these numbers don't lie.

I repeat I never faulted SWP for lack of effort because it is obvious he tries his best. And I always say that maybe this is a case of "his best" not being good enough.

Again, nothing personal against the lad. I wish he was on double figures in goals and assists! I want nothing but the best for him and every QPR player.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
SWP - Cold hard facts and numbers on 18:43 - Apr 12 with 494 viewsQPR_ARG

SWP - Cold hard facts and numbers on 18:19 - Apr 12 by cheeseydane

Its not a case of being right or wrong, (couldnt give a monkeys),

its a case of getting behind all the players at the most important and crucial time of the season. Its all there to play for, and for the next month or so, the players need our backing as much as possible.

Game for game, players will be praised, players will be critisced, totally natural and part of football, but constant anti player campaigns cannot do anything but harm imo, but hey, if it helps you get things off your chest, well of course, thats more important.

Yes, it is important to get those things off ones chest.

But I want to insist my only campaign is pro-QPR.

I want SWP (if he's picked, though I don't want him to be picked, but IF he's picked) to score hat-tricks every single farking match!

So I'm not anti-SWP. I wouldn't boo him. I'll support him whenever he is on the pitch wearing a QPR shirt. Like I have with all the players we've got and will continue to do so. Even if I don't like the way they play and as long as they don't do anything terrible and they don't treat the club or its fans in a bad way. SWP isn't doing any of those things. I want him to do well. I really do. It's for QPR's own good.
SWP - Cold hard facts and numbers on 19:27 - Apr 12 with 479 viewsfblockasia

i would rather have one of the mascots playing instead of him .........

or perhaps that is what happened and no-one noticed
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024