Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Genoa fans riot 18:05 - Apr 22 with 1584 viewswaveydave

Genoa fans stopped their game today and demanded the team take off their shirts.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3276/serie-a/2012/04/22/3053550/genoa-ultras-halt

Genoa's Serie A match against Siena was halted temporarily after disgruntled Grifoni supporters expressed their frustrations at the team's players for a below-par performance.

Alberto Malesani's men found themselves 4-0 down after only 53 minutes of play, but Luigi Giorgi's fourth goal for the visitors proved to be the final straw for many, who began throwing various items onto the pitch.

The club's ultras then took action by blocking the entrance to the dressing room as they wanted the players to hand their jerseys over on the grounds that they were not "worthy" of the colours.

All of the Genoa players incredibly co-operated, except loan striker Giuseppe Sculli, who refused to remove his shirt, while wing-back Giandomenico Mesto broke down in tears.

Captain Marco Rossi, who was given the responsibility of taking the jerseys and passing them on to the ultras, proceeded to go over to the group of supporters in a bid to bargain with them.

In the meantime, referee Paolo Tagliavento managed to enter the dressing room, while club president Enrico Preziosi also made his way to the pitch and gathered the players in a huddle.

Sculli then appeared to try to negotiate with his shirt still on, along with Sebastien Frey, who tried to pull his back and was quoted in the Italian media as saying: "This is my shirt, we are all for Genoa."

Frey seemingly played the role of peacemaker between the ultras and players, as he then pleaded Siena to come back out onto the pitch and complete the game, which still had 37 minutes remaining.

Play finally resumed after a 40-minute delay, with the Bianconeri eventually winning 4-1. However, it is expected that a round of talks between the Genoa players and ultras will commence at the club's training complex on Monday.
Genoa fans riot on 18:08 - Apr 22 with 1555 viewsgigiisourgod

Incredible.
Genoa fans riot on 18:11 - Apr 22 with 1532 viewsreal_loftus

Fair play to them

ATAF.

Genoa fans riot on 18:12 - Apr 22 with 1525 viewswaveydave

Repeat a HQ if Cisse gets sent off at Stoke. ATAF
Genoa fans riot on 18:14 - Apr 22 with 1511 viewss1cRanger

P.s Waveydave - I don’t like your signature a bit immature and needless. You would hate yourself if anything did happen to Warnock
Genoa fans riot on 18:15 - Apr 22 with 1499 viewswaveydave

hahaha i put that up ages ago, fairplay it is time to remove it.
Genoa fans riot on 18:16 - Apr 22 with 1491 viewss1cRanger

Genoa fans riot on 18:15 - Apr 22 by waveydave

hahaha i put that up ages ago, fairplay it is time to remove it.

Not having a dig but thought it was odd :)

Genoa fans riot on 18:19 - Apr 22 with 1474 viewsCHUBBS

They're just letting the players know the responsability attached to playing for their club.
And some of our lot get upset when a few fans confront the players at a train station.
Genoa fans riot on 18:48 - Apr 22 with 1333 viewswaveydave

Good on 'em
Login to get fewer ads

Genoa fans riot on 18:51 - Apr 22 with 1320 viewsgrant1956

Can we do that against the mango shirts
Genoa fans riot on 00:38 - Apr 23 with 1078 views18StoneOfHoop

Incredible that an Ultras/Tifosi mob here in Europe can have so much power to nearly get a match aborted.Had some idea that could perhaps happen in Argentina but didn't reckon it could happen in Italy.
Reminded me of a couple of dread matches in the worst days of English 70's/80's hooliganism when the fans tried to stop the match:

This quarter final match was declared void by the FA and was settled only after 2 replays.

Anyone spot Harry The Dog's naughty mates Rod Liddle and Daniel Day-Lewis?

Yes I'm all for making Loftus Rd intimidating especially when we host them khants - as it was on the 23rd October - but keep it strictly verbal not physical.There are disgraceful,disgusting racist and truly violent scenes and behaviour from the 70's and 80's from CFC fans that I witnessed in W12 & SW6 as a young lad that I never want to see again.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Ah give it a rest 18Stone,for the hate of John Terry. Here's a stonking top 1976 Brazilian tune for you.Goodnight. :
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Genoa fans riot on 01:23 - Apr 23 with 1037 viewsHollowayRanger

it worked thought didnt it

0-4 down when fans go mad

1-0 aftermatch resumes

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Genoa fans riot on 01:35 - Apr 23 with 1032 views18StoneOfHoop

Genoa fans riot on 01:23 - Apr 23 by HollowayRanger

it worked thought didnt it

0-4 down when fans go mad

1-0 aftermatch resumes

True,Holloway.
And as the Arabs have found out in the last couple of years,mobiles and 'puters have given your hitherto lone individual impotent bog standard 'punter' - [(c)Gazza] - ranting in the wilderness, collectively a lot more potentitially united voice and concerted power than the impotent atomised masses ever had before.

#BeAfraidFootballAssociationBeVeryAfraid.

(Is that another beer I see before me?)

Monday?What Monday?

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Genoa fans riot on 11:31 - Apr 23 with 888 viewstimcocking

If it"s justified, good for them.
Genoa fans riot on 12:19 - Apr 23 with 842 viewsthemodfather

Genoa fans riot on 11:31 - Apr 23 by timcocking

If it"s justified, good for them.

and a few qpr fans "having a go" at euston had some calling for bans etc???? lol....
fans have a say in europe....
we just sit down , next to a stranger....
Genoa fans riot on 14:41 - Apr 23 with 752 viewsstowmarketrange

They have just appointed Luigi Di Canio as manager.
That should stop them rioting for a while.
Genoa fans riot on 15:14 - Apr 23 with 714 viewstimcocking

Genoa fans riot on 12:19 - Apr 23 by themodfather

and a few qpr fans "having a go" at euston had some calling for bans etc???? lol....
fans have a say in europe....
we just sit down , next to a stranger....

Certainly don't remember me ever calling for a ban in my life.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024