Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How many grounds 09:20 - May 25 with 2550 viewscy74

I've an ambition of watching a match in all 92 league grounds. I'm still several short having been to 70. I was wondering if anyone has actually achieved this.

How many grounds on 09:29 - May 25 with 2542 viewsSuddenLad

There are several people I know who have achieved this feat, some of whom I think post on here. No doubt you will find out in due course.

Personally, I only count the grounds where I have seen Dale play, (58) though I have been on lots of other grounds to see non-Dale matches.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

How many grounds on 09:35 - May 25 with 2538 viewsBarryStrange

I have the same ambition and am on around 62.

Living in London, there are generally two common denomiators among the other 30 - Bury never play there (much of the Premiership since we never go on a cup run) or they are nowhere near London or Bury (Hartlepool, Torquay, Yeovil).

Still, I'm only 29 and pretty confident I'll get there in the end.

My ex-s dad finally completed the list a couple of years back and has been left with the quandary of if he can be bothered maintaining it as each year he loses a couple and someone like Fleetwood or Crawley come up.
How many grounds on 09:55 - May 25 with 2526 viewsSuddenLad

How many grounds on 09:35 - May 25 by BarryStrange

I have the same ambition and am on around 62.

Living in London, there are generally two common denomiators among the other 30 - Bury never play there (much of the Premiership since we never go on a cup run) or they are nowhere near London or Bury (Hartlepool, Torquay, Yeovil).

Still, I'm only 29 and pretty confident I'll get there in the end.

My ex-s dad finally completed the list a couple of years back and has been left with the quandary of if he can be bothered maintaining it as each year he loses a couple and someone like Fleetwood or Crawley come up.

That's the predicament for many. New clubs entering the league, clubs moving to new grounds.

For watching Dale, I can count the old Wimbledon ground at Plough Lane, Old Showground at Scunthorpe, Goldstone Ground at Brighton, Layer Road, Colchester, Maine Road Manchester, Feethams at Darlington, Fellows Park at Walsall, Belle Vue at Doncaster, Saltergate at Chesterfield, Vetch Field, Swansea and others which have all gone forever but I haven't necessarily been to the 'new equivalent' (i.e. Keepmoat Stadium or MK Dons or Liberty Stadium).

There are also several (now) non-League grounds I visited, (Barrow, Workington, Halifax, Stockport, Macclesfield, Newport County, Hereford, Maidstone United, etc., etc.)

Playing 'catch-up' depends whether you can be bothered. The appetite wanes as the years pass. I have however, seen Dale at Wembley. !!

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

How many grounds on 09:56 - May 25 with 2524 viewsChaffRAFC

I'm on 63, not including any potential new grounds like Morecambe, Cardiff and Swansea where I've been to their old grounds. I've included Rotherham United but obviously we've not been to the NYC yet.

Quite fancy my chances of doing all of them at some point given I'm only 27 (going on 65)
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

How many grounds on 10:48 - May 25 with 2490 viewsfermin

I completed the 92 as they stood at the time in May 1992 - last game was a 2-1 defeat at Mansfield. Originally the plan was to see Dale at all of them but I soon realised that would never happen so I missed loads of Dale games to complete the set. This got a bit irritating towards the end so after I finished I promised myself I would only go to a new League ground if Dale were playing there, hence over the years I have slipped well away from the current 92.

Of the 92 clubs in the league at the start of 2012/3 I have been to 74 of their current grounds and seen Dale at 57 of them. If you include their old grounds then that goes up to 89 seeing Dale at 65 of them. I am missing Crawley, Fleetwood and MK, though as the latter do not count in my view I will never get to 92 again unless they go bust. Ex-League clubs would take the figures higher.

Priorities for me next season in the League will be Fleetwood (never been at all), Morecambe (never been to the new ground), Rotherham (if they are in their new ground) and Wimbledon (never seen Dale at their current ground).
How many grounds on 12:31 - May 25 with 2445 viewsAtThePeake

Only visited a pitiful 36 tot watch a game.

Would be quite a few more if it wasn't for relegations and new grounds.

Tangled up in blue.

How many grounds on 13:05 - May 25 with 2417 viewsheywooddale

How many grounds on 10:48 - May 25 by fermin

I completed the 92 as they stood at the time in May 1992 - last game was a 2-1 defeat at Mansfield. Originally the plan was to see Dale at all of them but I soon realised that would never happen so I missed loads of Dale games to complete the set. This got a bit irritating towards the end so after I finished I promised myself I would only go to a new League ground if Dale were playing there, hence over the years I have slipped well away from the current 92.

Of the 92 clubs in the league at the start of 2012/3 I have been to 74 of their current grounds and seen Dale at 57 of them. If you include their old grounds then that goes up to 89 seeing Dale at 65 of them. I am missing Crawley, Fleetwood and MK, though as the latter do not count in my view I will never get to 92 again unless they go bust. Ex-League clubs would take the figures higher.

Priorities for me next season in the League will be Fleetwood (never been at all), Morecambe (never been to the new ground), Rotherham (if they are in their new ground) and Wimbledon (never seen Dale at their current ground).

Think it is the season 2013/4 season for Rotheram new ground from what i have been reading.
How many grounds on 13:44 - May 25 with 2380 viewspioneer

I completed all 92 in 1981 - last one being Anfield (Liverpool v Wolves)- If I count up now I have probably been to about 65 thanks to the opening of new grounds and the turnaround of teams in the lower levels.
Login to get fewer ads

How many grounds on 13:49 - May 25 with 2374 viewsCastlefieldDale

I am on a dissapointing 48. I had done more but they have dissapeared into the Conference now.
How many grounds on 17:33 - May 25 with 2327 viewsDySporting

http://100groundsclub.blogspot.co.uk/p/roll-of-honour.html

I'm down at number 150
How many grounds on 10:55 - Jun 8 with 2186 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

How many grounds on 13:05 - May 25 by heywooddale

Think it is the season 2013/4 season for Rotheram new ground from what i have been reading.

Rotherham United move in their new ground this new up and coming season their first game their is against Barnsley

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024