Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cornwall/Kernow 08:44 - Jun 2 with 5502 viewsAlbRanger

Moved from Guildford to Cornwall on Thursday.

Now in St Stephen.

Know there's a few on this board (mentioned on the other thread too), so where are you?

Maybe a local meeting point for games etc??
Cornwall/Kernow on 14:01 - Jun 4 with 855 viewsMode

I moved here after more than 25 years of visiting friends etc around Redruth. I couldn't be happier here. I have made more friends in 4 months than I ever made in London in over 40 years.

I have seen the winters as well as the summer so knew what to expect. I feel very safe, have the sea a few miles away, and people are welcoming. I think the best way to be with the locals is to let them get on with their lives, don't try to change them, be friendly and then everyone is happy. There is a much bigger sense of community in Cornwall that's for sure.

Obviously the place has it's problems, but it's far less than in London for certain.

I have friends that would never move here and I fully understand why and that's great. It's not the life for many people, but for some, it's perfect. I understand the thing about never being able to move back to London once you have left it and that is just fine by me, each to their own and all that.

Cornwall/Kernow on 14:34 - Jun 4 with 845 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

Cornwall/Kernow on 08:08 - Jun 4 by timcocking

As you said, everybody was a liverpool/united/spurs fan etc. My dad and my three brothers all lifelong United, but the first time i saw the blue and white hoops run out on match of the day i was just completely mesmerized by the beauty of QPR and i can't understand why everybody doesn't support what is clearly the greatest team in the world. I was laughed at all my school life for it, never ever met a single QPR fan, but thank God i held firm. We know how lucky we are.

If i move back to Falmouth, 50/50 at present, i'll let you know, maybe meet up and watch a game.

You are perhaps the same age as me, 37. Played Rugby against Falmouth School a few times. Pussies :-)

Ps They are hopeful of curing my Dad, just started the full on treatment a few days ago. He's 73/4, so such is life i suppose.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

39. Watched the final when I was 9. It’s funny that, my school year were sh1t as well, always getting stuffed by penryn, football, rugby, cricket, even basketball. Doesn’t sound like Falmouth got any better.

I think I was marginally luckier than you. There were a couple of hard older kids who I kicked a ball around with after school who were qpr fans so no p1ss taking there. But as soon as I moved up to Falmouth school that was it, I was on my own.

It might make me sound like a bit of a tit but I might put ‘why qpr?’ up as a thread.

Sounds good, let me know if you’re in the Falmouth area.

It's got to be Yarg

Cornwall/Kernow on 15:39 - Jun 6 with 806 viewsAlbRanger

Hi all,

Apologies, not got t'internet set up yet and the 3G is a bit ropey where we are.

In general:

Ted, Brooks, LB and Lewes - many thanks for the positive words/wishes
WeAreQPR12 - who died and made you Dear Diedre?? Realise you probably only meant well but don't think for a second we didn't ponder this for months.

Ted: WBA does seem a while back doesn't it!? I've been to meetings at Green Park twice in the last couple of months and each time I go past the MadStad I think of you!
That crazy weekend when RJ passed away seems a lifetime ago. I actually only found out because of your email - all very surreal.
I leave UA at the end of the month. I'm actually back in Guildord today and will head back to Cornwall to be with the family at the weekends until then. So no more ticket offers I'm afraid - that's one thing I'm going to miss so this had better work so I can pay for them myself!! I'm going to try an make at least a couple of games each year so hope to catch up then.

Brooks: If you do come down one day, you have to look me up. I've done your manor - now it's time for you to do mine!! Really hope to catch up again as I can't see any more NYC trips on the horizon. Really wanted things at United to work out and was holding on there to try and get a move to the US or Canada but with the merger and everything that's at least a few years away. With the eldest at 14 years old we couldn't wait any more - plus my parents are only going to retire once so the opportunity to get involved in the family business ain't going to come around again.
That said, pretty much everyone we've told has said that they wish they could go down there but the work is the issue so I realise I'm very very lucky to have this opportunity.

Anyway, enough from me. All you guys in Falmouth etc. maybe we can do a couple of hooped meets in a suitable establishment when our games are on the box??

Alb
Cornwall/Kernow on 15:50 - Jun 6 with 798 viewsingeminate

Cornwall/Kernow on 08:53 - Jun 2 by Tonto

my parents live near Rosudgeon which is on the road between Helston and Marizion/Penzance. Am usually down for the weekend once or twice a year when QPR are away

Tim Cocking is from that part of Cornwall too if I remember corectly

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Tonto,

Do you know Prussia Cove well?
I’ve been going there since about 1986 when my grandparents have a caravan in Mr Body’s site. When Mr Body died and the caravan site got swallowed up moved in to the houses on the estate. Since then stayed in The Haven, Coastguards etc on Porth-en-alls — absolutely love it down there now and never taken anyone down who didn’t feel the same way. By chance both side of my family have history going there going back to the 50’s. Decent fishing off the rocks with small but eating size Pollock, Mackerel, occasional Bass. Stunning all round, love to retire down there sometime in the future.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Cornwall/Kernow on 17:36 - Jun 6 with 786 viewsTGRRRSSS

Cornwall seems nice enough for those who like that kind of thing, but I am too much of a city lad to live that rural personally.
Good Luck Alb, hope you new business works out for you. Bit of a trek to Heathrow though for those UA flights
Cornwall/Kernow on 17:48 - Jun 6 with 776 viewsTonto

Cornwall/Kernow on 15:50 - Jun 6 by ingeminate

Tonto,

Do you know Prussia Cove well?
I’ve been going there since about 1986 when my grandparents have a caravan in Mr Body’s site. When Mr Body died and the caravan site got swallowed up moved in to the houses on the estate. Since then stayed in The Haven, Coastguards etc on Porth-en-alls — absolutely love it down there now and never taken anyone down who didn’t feel the same way. By chance both side of my family have history going there going back to the 50’s. Decent fishing off the rocks with small but eating size Pollock, Mackerel, occasional Bass. Stunning all round, love to retire down there sometime in the future.

well-ish. Sometimes go for walks that way, but more often go the other way towards Marizion as you get the views of the mount.

Mostly our time down there consists of lugging body boards down to the beach (less than 5 mins) or vegging in the garden watching the sea/mount.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024