Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I got laughed at when I put this bet on amongst a group of friends but 11:11 - Jul 1 with 7463 viewsWeAreQPR12

Will I have the last laugh? I mentioned before that I placed a 50 pound bet on us 2 finish above liverpool in the next 5 seasons. Some qpr fans oh here thought I had lost my marbles but since then we have signed diakite, who could be a world class player who will just keep improving and liverpool have employed Brendan rodgers, yes hardly inspiring. Remember this is 5 seasons so takes us up 2 and including the 2016-17 season. We r moving forward and they have declined. I thinks it's looking a very good bet but I am sure plenty disagree.
I got laughed at when I put this bet on amongst a group of friends but on 11:15 - Jul 1 with 2742 viewsThGrimRanger

As long as you got 1000-1 or better then I agree it's a good bet.

TheGrimRanger

I got laughed at when I put this bet on amongst a group of friends but on 11:15 - Jul 1 with 2735 viewsCHUBBS

Well that depends on what odds you were given?
Very possible if the appointment of Rodgers goes pear shaped.
I got laughed at when I put this bet on amongst a group of friends but on 11:17 - Jul 1 with 2720 viewsNorthernr

Meanwhile, back in the real world...
I got laughed at when I put this bet on amongst a group of friends but on 11:19 - Jul 1 with 2710 viewsjamois

Reckon your only slim chance is this season

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

I got laughed at when I put this bet on amongst a group of friends but on 11:20 - Jul 1 with 2706 viewsWeAreQPR12

I got laughed at when I put this bet on amongst a group of friends but on 11:15 - Jul 1 by ThGrimRanger

As long as you got 1000-1 or better then I agree it's a good bet.

I only got evenings but I did push 4 2/1 with no joy. I still think it's very possible, liverpool aren't far off a mid table side and without gerrard probably bottom half. I expect us 2 be a top 6 side in 4 years and I don't think that's me being blinkered
I got laughed at when I put this bet on amongst a group of friends but on 11:22 - Jul 1 with 2698 viewsCHUBBS

I got laughed at when I put this bet on amongst a group of friends but on 11:20 - Jul 1 by WeAreQPR12

I only got evenings but I did push 4 2/1 with no joy. I still think it's very possible, liverpool aren't far off a mid table side and without gerrard probably bottom half. I expect us 2 be a top 6 side in 4 years and I don't think that's me being blinkered

I can see why they laughed now
I got laughed at when I put this bet on amongst a group of friends but on 11:23 - Jul 1 with 2683 viewsWeAreQPR12

I got laughed at when I put this bet on amongst a group of friends but on 11:17 - Jul 1 by Northernr

Meanwhile, back in the real world...

So u see us facing another relegation battle? Everton have done it so why would it be such a surprise?
I got laughed at when I put this bet on amongst a group of friends but on 11:26 - Jul 1 with 2670 viewsJeff

Everton have been in the premier league for 20 years, we've barely been in it for 20 minutes. Everton are a premier league club from top to bottom.

Our absolute goal should be to emulate stoke, and it's taken them four years to get where they are now.

Can we not knock it?

Login to get fewer ads

I got laughed at when I put this bet on amongst a group of friends but on 11:27 - Jul 1 with 2667 viewsWeAreQPR12

Henderson gerrard or diakite faurlin? I know which pairing I'd want
I got laughed at when I put this bet on amongst a group of friends but on 11:28 - Jul 1 with 2665 viewsJeff

I got laughed at when I put this bet on amongst a group of friends but on 11:27 - Jul 1 by WeAreQPR12

Henderson gerrard or diakite faurlin? I know which pairing I'd want

you're going to say Diakite / Faurlin, aren't you?

you may want to take those blinkers off...

Can we not knock it?

I got laughed at when I put this bet on amongst a group of friends but on 11:30 - Jul 1 with 2655 viewsNorthernr

I got laughed at when I put this bet on amongst a group of friends but on 11:23 - Jul 1 by WeAreQPR12

So u see us facing another relegation battle? Everton have done it so why would it be such a surprise?

Last season Liverpool (in a very poor season) finished eighth. The relegation battle stretched, perhaps, as high as fifteenth with Wigan. That leaves some middle ground - ninth to fourteenth - and that's where I see us this season and for the next few seasons.

Everton have been a top flight team for decades, we've been here for five minutes and survived by the skin of our teeth.

Tell me, how many times have Fulham finished above Liverpool in their ten years in the Premier League, given that they're probably the nearest comparison to ourselves.

And 2/1? Seriously? I'd be laughing too.
I got laughed at when I put this bet on amongst a group of friends but on 11:34 - Jul 1 with 2636 viewsCHUBBS

I got laughed at when I put this bet on amongst a group of friends but on 11:26 - Jul 1 by Jeff

Everton have been in the premier league for 20 years, we've barely been in it for 20 minutes. Everton are a premier league club from top to bottom.

Our absolute goal should be to emulate stoke, and it's taken them four years to get where they are now.

Stoke?

How about West Brom instead.
I got laughed at when I put this bet on amongst a group of friends but on 11:37 - Jul 1 with 2623 viewsWeAreQPR12

I got laughed at when I put this bet on amongst a group of friends but on 11:30 - Jul 1 by Northernr

Last season Liverpool (in a very poor season) finished eighth. The relegation battle stretched, perhaps, as high as fifteenth with Wigan. That leaves some middle ground - ninth to fourteenth - and that's where I see us this season and for the next few seasons.

Everton have been a top flight team for decades, we've been here for five minutes and survived by the skin of our teeth.

Tell me, how many times have Fulham finished above Liverpool in their ten years in the Premier League, given that they're probably the nearest comparison to ourselves.

And 2/1? Seriously? I'd be laughing too.

The fulham point is a very fair pt and agree a good pt that they haven't finished above them but imo fulham got to there peak with hodgson and playing superb in europa but that is why mark hughes left them. After that season they should have kicked on and added some more quality but they didn't. We have more investment going into us and each year we will keep improving, I think with the people we have in upstairs we will progress quicker than the norm ie fulham
I got laughed at when I put this bet on amongst a group of friends but on 11:37 - Jul 1 with 2622 viewsJeff

i'm referring to their progress as opposed to their 'agricultural' style of football, but West Brom's not a bad example either (although i'd prefer to do without that yo-yoing nonsense in the middle...)

first season 17th.
second season 12th-14th
third season 9-12th
fourth season THE MOON ON A STICK.

oh, and the quarter finals of a cup somewhere as well. maybe even a trip to Sparta Bogdanovich in the first round of the Intertoto cup as well for shits and giggles.

Can we not knock it?

I got laughed at when I put this bet on amongst a group of friends but on 11:39 - Jul 1 with 2618 viewsWeAreQPR12

I got laughed at when I put this bet on amongst a group of friends but on 11:34 - Jul 1 by CHUBBS

Stoke?

How about West Brom instead.

Spot on and brilliant post
I got laughed at when I put this bet on amongst a group of friends but on 12:00 - Jul 1 with 2545 viewsstuabd

Are you sure you have those odds right? Sorry if I've misread this but you're saying QPR will finish above Liverpool in each of the next 5 seasons and that you've spent 50 pounds on that bet at 2-1 to be paid out in 6 years time.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
I got laughed at when I put this bet on amongst a group of friends but on 12:05 - Jul 1 with 2523 viewshoopstilidie

I got laughed at when I put this bet on amongst a group of friends but on 12:00 - Jul 1 by stuabd

Are you sure you have those odds right? Sorry if I've misread this but you're saying QPR will finish above Liverpool in each of the next 5 seasons and that you've spent 50 pounds on that bet at 2-1 to be paid out in 6 years time.

I read it as being at some point over the next 5 years.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

I got laughed at when I put this bet on amongst a group of friends but on 12:07 - Jul 1 with 2515 viewsWeAreQPR12

I got laughed at when I put this bet on amongst a group of friends but on 12:00 - Jul 1 by stuabd

This is a bet between a friend and I. If we finish above liverpool in any season over the nxt 5 years I win the bet
I got laughed at when I put this bet on amongst a group of friends but on 12:11 - Jul 1 with 2504 viewsandygg

You backed us at Evens, to finish above Liverpool?

Awful odds, and an awful bet.
Better off putting your 50 quid on us beating Swansea.

I got laughed at when I put this bet on amongst a group of friends but on 12:16 - Jul 1 with 2485 viewsWeAreQPR12

I'll be honest, I am a little disappointed with the input from others on this thread. I am not tacomparing fan base and I am not talking just this season. The reaction is quite typical and I understand most of our fans think small when I hear players like clyne being sounded out. The reaction is like I said man city of man u, liverpool have just finished eighth and r very overrated. Let's dig this post out in a few years and see where we r. I am seeing rapid improvement and liverpool r dropping like a stone
I got laughed at when I put this bet on amongst a group of friends but on 12:23 - Jul 1 with 2461 viewsstuabd

I got laughed at when I put this bet on amongst a group of friends but on 12:16 - Jul 1 by WeAreQPR12

I'll be honest, I am a little disappointed with the input from others on this thread. I am not tacomparing fan base and I am not talking just this season. The reaction is quite typical and I understand most of our fans think small when I hear players like clyne being sounded out. The reaction is like I said man city of man u, liverpool have just finished eighth and r very overrated. Let's dig this post out in a few years and see where we r. I am seeing rapid improvement and liverpool r dropping like a stone

I don't think Liverpool are dropping like a stone. They had a poor season in the league but won a cup and got to the FA cup final. It's a huge club with a huge following around the world. I've always hated the club but unfortunately they'll still do well over the next few seasons; with Rogers or without him.
I got laughed at when I put this bet on amongst a group of friends but on 12:30 - Jul 1 with 2438 viewsWeAreQPR12

I got laughed at when I put this bet on amongst a group of friends but on 12:23 - Jul 1 by stuabd

I don't think Liverpool are dropping like a stone. They had a poor season in the league but won a cup and got to the FA cup final. It's a huge club with a huge following around the world. I've always hated the club but unfortunately they'll still do well over the next few seasons; with Rogers or without him.

Even with american owners that don't spend? Rodgers was a cheap option and he can't even bring back his icelandic mate because spurs r offering more wages. Just another sign of what a bad state the club is in with these current owners
I got laughed at when I put this bet on amongst a group of friends but on 13:08 - Jul 1 with 2351 viewsscot1963

I got laughed at when I put this bet on amongst a group of friends but on 12:16 - Jul 1 by WeAreQPR12

seriously though, 50 quid isn't really thinking big or showing the courage to back your convictions - i'd have been more impressed if you'd put all your desk/office sale profits on it
I got laughed at when I put this bet on amongst a group of friends but on 13:27 - Jul 1 with 945 viewshoopstilidie

I got laughed at when I put this bet on amongst a group of friends but on 13:08 - Jul 1 by scot1963

seriously though, 50 quid isn't really thinking big or showing the courage to back your convictions - i'd have been more impressed if you'd put all your desk/office sale profits on it

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

I got laughed at when I put this bet on amongst a group of friends but on 13:31 - Jul 1 with 939 viewsWeAreQPR12

I got laughed at when I put this bet on amongst a group of friends but on 13:08 - Jul 1 by scot1963

Says the solicitor who probably earns that in 5 mins, how the other half live!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024