Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Radio Derby! 13:22 - Jul 4 with 1319 viewsRabbram10

Are reporting that Derby have accepted a bid from Burnley for Shackell, no fee disclosed as of yet but I can't believe it's only around £1.1M, surely it must be nearer £1.5M upwards?
So much for not having to sell any players, but I suppose every player has his price but £1.1M sound away short to me???
We will probably replace Shackell with a Free transfer guy from the lower divisions, that's usually the way it goes!!!

Radio Derby! on 16:15 - Jul 4 with 1307 viewstaffyram

If our defence now becomes the weak point of the team (no matter whether we sign a recognised goalscorer or not), NC & the board had better put their tin hats on because they're going to be slated - maybe unfair on the manager if he's under pressure to sell.
Radio Derby! on 16:47 - Jul 4 with 1300 viewsramsand

Radio Derby! on 16:15 - Jul 4 by taffyram

If our defence now becomes the weak point of the team (no matter whether we sign a recognised goalscorer or not), NC & the board had better put their tin hats on because they're going to be slated - maybe unfair on the manager if he's under pressure to sell.

I don't think the manager is under pressure to sell and I do think this is his desicion. A very strange one too if the price quoted is the right one. We will probably sign either a journey man or a totally unknown youngster as a replacement. Two steps back in my opinion.
Radio Derby! on 10:19 - Jul 5 with 1269 viewsswamp_thing

Radio Derby! on 16:47 - Jul 4 by ramsand

I don't think the manager is under pressure to sell and I do think this is his desicion. A very strange one too if the price quoted is the right one. We will probably sign either a journey man or a totally unknown youngster as a replacement. Two steps back in my opinion.

"Although I am sad to see Jason leave, we have Jake Buxton, Tom Naylor and Mark O'Brien, who have all proved to be more than capable at performing in the Championship." Nigel Clough on BBC. Say no more
Radio Derby! on 11:46 - Jul 5 with 1262 viewsRabbram10

We have now gone from potentially having a steady central defensive set up to back to butts again?
Once again this lot promise everything and once the season tickets have been bought they deliver nothing but sell the fans short!
Clough has known all along that Shackell was going, if he really wanted to keep him this wouldn't have happened, nothing to do with the board that's my opinion anyway!!
Where's the 20 goal a season wonder striker they have promised for three season now, when's he arriving then lol??????????
Radio Derby! on 12:08 - Jul 5 with 1261 viewsjiggyjag

If people are stupid enough to beleive anything that is said anymore and renew there season ticket then more fool them.

No point moaning again and again when we keep selling all our players this will continue to happen year after year.

We will never be in a position to be a premiership outfit without any stablilty team wise.

All we need now is Fielding to leave then we will have lost the complete spine of any decent Championship side.

Time for people to start voting with there feet only then will something change when there are 27,000 plus turning up each week why should they care what happens on the pitch.

Radio Derby! on 20:13 - Jul 5 with 1227 viewsdavram

Radio Derby! on 12:08 - Jul 5 by jiggyjag

If people are stupid enough to beleive anything that is said anymore and renew there season ticket then more fool them.

No point moaning again and again when we keep selling all our players this will continue to happen year after year.

We will never be in a position to be a premiership outfit without any stablilty team wise.

All we need now is Fielding to leave then we will have lost the complete spine of any decent Championship side.

Time for people to start voting with there feet only then will something change when there are 27,000 plus turning up each week why should they care what happens on the pitch.

Fans who have already renewed their season tickets - like me - are not necessarily fools, my friend.

Most of us on here (including Jiggy, I presume) would seem to have a lifelong affiliation (affliction) at some level to DCFC, whether it be bleating on a message board or renewing their ticket season on season.

Decisions are being made at Derby County that once again show the true intentions of GSE - to draw funds from their cosy & prestigious little England "soccer" base and avoid pushing for any sign of success that would demand sufficient investment to take the club to a higher level. Their heart is not in it to win anything, not even promotion.

Tom Glick has landed a plum job on the other side of the football world to that which GSE are happy to fudge about in - and is fixing financial matters up at Derby to boost his longer-term commercial credibility - selling Shackell will help that.

Just what has he achieved at Derby by hanging around here in the close season?

It seems we can just anticipate that DCFC will continue to sign youngsters, (sometimes improvers) and rejects/contract hoppers from other clubs that will give Clough enough to work on without incurring undue wrath from supporters.

How can anyone know that a kid coming in from Crewe, with a just handful of games, will even settle in at Derby? OK - Brayford is evidence that it happens, but I'd say he's the exception, and was known to NC long before his Derby arrival.

Signing such inexperienced youngsters is just as much of a gamble as spending proper money on players that have already reached our league level or beyond.

Are O'Brien, Naylor and Buxton really sufficient and good enough to help the Rams really compete consistently in the Championship? Who the hell is going to get goals for DCFC next season - why haven't we signed at least one striker yet?

DCFC even decided last season that getting the occasional Prem loan player in to boost the team towards the top six was too expensive and might just have the calamitous (for GSE) result of pushing the Rams back amongst clubs that can match or exceed its remarkable support.

It's always one step forward, two steps back at Derby.

Off to lie down now...
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024