Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dele Adebola 18:51 - Aug 7 with 4824 viewsleedsdale

Has signed on a one year deal. He is certainly in the right mould for what we are after, hopefully he can gel quickly.

Welcome to the club, Dele!
Dele Adebola on 18:53 - Aug 7 with 3582 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Oh God!!! Please No!!!!

Sorry a bit negative - but a County Fan I know said that he is slower than Ben Burgess!!!

Hopefully he will be the target man we need, has played at a lot higher standard and could do a Job.

Good Luck!!!!!!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Dele Adebola on 18:55 - Aug 7 with 3551 viewsleedsdale

Dele Adebola on 18:53 - Aug 7 by Thacks_Rabbits

Oh God!!! Please No!!!!

Sorry a bit negative - but a County Fan I know said that he is slower than Ben Burgess!!!

Hopefully he will be the target man we need, has played at a lot higher standard and could do a Job.

Good Luck!!!!!!

Does he bring back bad memories, TR?
Dele Adebola on 18:57 - Aug 7 with 3532 viewssykeboy

Posted about him a couple weeks back when he was trying out at Burton, might be past his sell by date , right size, time will tell
Dele Adebola on 18:59 - Aug 7 with 3513 viewsBrierls

I think he'll be a decent signing. His game has never been about having pace, so I don't think it'll be too much of an issue that he's just turned 37. We're crying out for a big target man, and Adebola certainly fits into that category. The likes of Donnelly & Grimes are mobile enough to cause L2 defences plenty problems by playing off Adebola.
Dele Adebola on 19:01 - Aug 7 with 3495 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Dele Adebola on 18:55 - Aug 7 by leedsdale

Does he bring back bad memories, TR?

Not really LD - But we have been screaming out for a target man - He fits that totally so hopefully he will be the player that Grimes and Donnelly can feed off.

Could be classed as a big signing and one less player needed now!!!!

Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Dele Adebola on 19:02 - Aug 7 with 3490 viewssykeboy

Dele Adebola on 18:59 - Aug 7 by Brierls

I think he'll be a decent signing. His game has never been about having pace, so I don't think it'll be too much of an issue that he's just turned 37. We're crying out for a big target man, and Adebola certainly fits into that category. The likes of Donnelly & Grimes are mobile enough to cause L2 defences plenty problems by playing off Adebola.

agree,also think his experience will be a major factor hope he can stay fit
Dele Adebola on 19:03 - Aug 7 with 3482 viewsBrierls

Can't wait to see rkershaw's effort for this one...
Dele Adebola on 19:09 - Aug 7 with 3437 viewsolympicdale

didnt see that coming, not a terrible signing for l2, a good few years back when he was with Coventry always was linked with Ipswich, hope his experience will be a telling factor to our forward line, welcome aboard Dele

Life is a game of fate.

Login to get fewer ads

Dele Adebola on 19:10 - Aug 7 with 3425 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Dele Adebola on 19:03 - Aug 7 by Brierls

Can't wait to see rkershaw's effort for this one...

Can see it being along the lines of....

To the tune of Macarena

Hes Big and He's Bald and he scores lots of goals,
Deaaaahhhh - leAdebola!!!!!

Think I need a lie down in a darkened room!!!!

Dele Adebola on 19:22 - Aug 7 with 3350 viewsSkiptonDale

I know you shouldn't judge a player off of one or two games that you've seen of them, but I saw him a couple of times for Coventry City, and to say that he was shite would be a massive understatement! Hope he proves me wrong mind.

Oh and at 37 he's hardly got his better days in front of him!
Dele Adebola on 19:27 - Aug 7 with 3305 viewsSuddenLad

Dele Adebola on 19:22 - Aug 7 by SkiptonDale

I know you shouldn't judge a player off of one or two games that you've seen of them, but I saw him a couple of times for Coventry City, and to say that he was shite would be a massive understatement! Hope he proves me wrong mind.

What he doesn't lack is experience. He could be a very useful signing.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Dele Adebola on 19:29 - Aug 7 with 3291 viewsSalwaDale

I think I'm happy. We don't need him to be quick, or even to score that many goals. What we do need is someone who can hold it up and bring the likes of Donnelly, Grimes, Gray, Tutte etc into play. I bet Donnelly and Grimed are looking forward to playing off him. Added to that he's about 6 weeks older than me.

Come to think of it maybe I could be the big man up front if he gets injured or needs a rest.

TBBT

Dele Adebola on 19:32 - Aug 7 with 3272 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Dele Adebola on 19:29 - Aug 7 by SalwaDale

I think I'm happy. We don't need him to be quick, or even to score that many goals. What we do need is someone who can hold it up and bring the likes of Donnelly, Grimes, Gray, Tutte etc into play. I bet Donnelly and Grimed are looking forward to playing off him. Added to that he's about 6 weeks older than me.

Come to think of it maybe I could be the big man up front if he gets injured or needs a rest.

Goal record is not bad tbh - Its better than Platty, Andy Morris and certainly Sako!!!

Think 90 mins may be beyond him but he is certainly an option!!!

Warming to this signing tbh so take back my initial comment!!!!!

Dele Adebola on 19:34 - Aug 7 with 3255 viewsNewbury_Dale

Panic over....another member of the Scouse Mafia !

"Born in Lagos, Lagos State, Adebola was brought up in Liverpool"
Dele Adebola on 19:36 - Aug 7 with 3234 viewsPops2

Dele Adebola on 19:34 - Aug 7 by Newbury_Dale

Panic over....another member of the Scouse Mafia !

"Born in Lagos, Lagos State, Adebola was brought up in Liverpool"

Dele Adebola on 19:37 - Aug 7 with 3234 viewspl56

OMG , this really smacks of a last ditch panic signing to me . I really thought the days of Spotland being the final refuge for old pros was past after the Hill/Flitcroft era ; this is certainly not the kind of signing I could ever imagine them countenancing . Neither is it consistent with Coleman's normal transfer policy that has primarily been based on youth in his past roles . It feels like I've been transported back through time to the desparate days of the late 80's/early 90's with Ernie Moss demonstrating his lack of pace on a regular basis .

Presumably the guy has not had a full pre-season , which at 37 , Iguess would leave him a couple of months of full fitness , and he's failed to secure a contract at Burton , who were down among the dead men last year .

I hate to be negative , but I see nothing positive about this ; how many successful teams these days operate with a big immobile lump up front ; size can be important , but in the modern game mobility is more critical surely ?

If this is the best that the alleged war chest can afford , then perhaps its time for someone to acknowledge we've either been misled , or a degree of exaggeration was applied . I have rarely felt so down , even in the darkest days when at least we expected no better .

Apologies for the negativity - I'll sit back now and wait to be shot down for not giving DA a chance !
Dele Adebola on 19:39 - Aug 7 with 3214 viewsSuddenLad

Dele Adebola on 19:37 - Aug 7 by pl56

OMG , this really smacks of a last ditch panic signing to me . I really thought the days of Spotland being the final refuge for old pros was past after the Hill/Flitcroft era ; this is certainly not the kind of signing I could ever imagine them countenancing . Neither is it consistent with Coleman's normal transfer policy that has primarily been based on youth in his past roles . It feels like I've been transported back through time to the desparate days of the late 80's/early 90's with Ernie Moss demonstrating his lack of pace on a regular basis .

Presumably the guy has not had a full pre-season , which at 37 , Iguess would leave him a couple of months of full fitness , and he's failed to secure a contract at Burton , who were down among the dead men last year .

I hate to be negative , but I see nothing positive about this ; how many successful teams these days operate with a big immobile lump up front ; size can be important , but in the modern game mobility is more critical surely ?

If this is the best that the alleged war chest can afford , then perhaps its time for someone to acknowledge we've either been misled , or a degree of exaggeration was applied . I have rarely felt so down , even in the darkest days when at least we expected no better .

Apologies for the negativity - I'll sit back now and wait to be shot down for not giving DA a chance !

Ernie Moss might not have had pace, but bloody hell he knew his way round the game. He was a cracking signing at the time and his experience was priceless.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Dele Adebola on 19:41 - Aug 7 with 3202 viewsJumeirahDale

He was bound to get a goal after that massive tweak...

We're back in League Two - home of the football gods!
Dele Adebola on 19:48 - Aug 7 with 3162 viewsAtThePeake

Dele Adebola on 19:37 - Aug 7 by pl56

This was my first reaction.

I know this is no longer the Hillcroft era, but surely we should be looking at that as a yardstick seeing as it was our most successful period ever?

Having said that, Hilly did pop up with a couple of experienced signings that ended up being half-decent signings for us, Lee Thorpe sticks out as one. I hope Adebola has even more of an impact.

Welcome aboard Dele!

Tangled up in blue.

Dele Adebola on 19:56 - Aug 7 with 3118 viewsThacks_Rabbits

The Same Lee Thorpe that "Broke his arm"!!!!!!

Was certainly an interesting documentary that one!!!!!

Dele Adebola on 20:15 - Aug 7 with 3020 viewsShun

Glad I'm not the first one to mention Lee Thorpe. This signing reminds me of Lee's, brought in not to score goals but to help Dagnall, in much the same way I'm sure Adebola will help Grimes.
Dele Adebola on 20:17 - Aug 7 with 2997 viewspl56

Dele Adebola on 19:41 - Aug 7 by JumeirahDale

He was bound to get a goal after that massive tweak...

We're back in League Two - home of the football gods!

Absolutely !

I'm starting to eat my words already having read the match thread up to now !! At least I'm potentially wrong the right way round this season ; last season I lauded the Trotman signing !

I was really down when I penned my earlier thread , but starting to feel better , thank you !
Dele Adebola on 21:56 - Aug 7 with 2751 viewsgeorgedale

Dele Adebola on 20:17 - Aug 7 by pl56

Absolutely !

I'm starting to eat my words already having read the match thread up to now !! At least I'm potentially wrong the right way round this season ; last season I lauded the Trotman signing !

I was really down when I penned my earlier thread , but starting to feel better , thank you !

To much negativity on this site - we haven't started the season yet, also Dele is atop signing played awasome in his first 45 mins for the Dale in the box when you need him, won every header attacking and defending corners. Give the lads a chance !! Get behind the Dale stop f**king moaning.
Dele Adebola on 23:32 - Aug 7 with 2531 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Dele Adebola on 19:22 - Aug 7 by SkiptonDale

Like Joe Thompson,one for the future.
Dele Adebola on 09:09 - Aug 8 with 2240 viewsfitzochris

By all accounts he was the key man first half. However, a good point was made after the game, that being, perhaps more importantly, that we didn't crumble when Adebola went off at half-time.
This is key, because there is no way he is going to be playing 90 minutes week in, week out. It's nice to see there's a Plan B, if you like.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024