Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dele Adebola 18:51 - Aug 7 with 4828 viewsleedsdale

Has signed on a one year deal. He is certainly in the right mould for what we are after, hopefully he can gel quickly.

Welcome to the club, Dele!
Dele Adebola on 09:31 - Aug 8 with 1225 viewsBigKindo

Dele Adebola on 19:37 - Aug 7 by pl56

OMG , this really smacks of a last ditch panic signing to me . I really thought the days of Spotland being the final refuge for old pros was past after the Hill/Flitcroft era ; this is certainly not the kind of signing I could ever imagine them countenancing . Neither is it consistent with Coleman's normal transfer policy that has primarily been based on youth in his past roles . It feels like I've been transported back through time to the desparate days of the late 80's/early 90's with Ernie Moss demonstrating his lack of pace on a regular basis .

Presumably the guy has not had a full pre-season , which at 37 , Iguess would leave him a couple of months of full fitness , and he's failed to secure a contract at Burton , who were down among the dead men last year .

I hate to be negative , but I see nothing positive about this ; how many successful teams these days operate with a big immobile lump up front ; size can be important , but in the modern game mobility is more critical surely ?

If this is the best that the alleged war chest can afford , then perhaps its time for someone to acknowledge we've either been misled , or a degree of exaggeration was applied . I have rarely felt so down , even in the darkest days when at least we expected no better .

Apologies for the negativity - I'll sit back now and wait to be shot down for not giving DA a chance !

Perhaps the money wasn't right at Burton.
Dele Adebola on 10:02 - Aug 8 with 1182 viewsMorden

Dele Adebola on 19:29 - Aug 7 by SalwaDale

I think I'm happy. We don't need him to be quick, or even to score that many goals. What we do need is someone who can hold it up and bring the likes of Donnelly, Grimes, Gray, Tutte etc into play. I bet Donnelly and Grimed are looking forward to playing off him. Added to that he's about 6 weeks older than me.

Come to think of it maybe I could be the big man up front if he gets injured or needs a rest.

Oi, Burnley. You've been Grimed!
Dele Adebola on 10:11 - Aug 8 with 1163 viewsgigger

Dele Adebola on 10:02 - Aug 8 by Morden

I,d be quite happy if I was you lot on 5 points..........1/ he's a decent name striker.2/ he's been there and done it and worn the t-shirt 3/ think he will add 10 goals + even if it's from the bench 4/ he's not a scouser 5/ he's not ex accy !!

What's happened to kel ???

Dele Adebola on 10:14 - Aug 8 with 1155 viewsSandy_Lane

Dele Adebola on 19:03 - Aug 7 by Brierls

Can't wait to see rkershaw's effort for this one...

If it's not something to the tune of 'Copacabana' I'll be disappointed!
Dele Adebola on 10:14 - Aug 8 with 1152 viewsphomem

Dele Adebola on 09:31 - Aug 8 by BigKindo

Perhaps the money wasn't right at Burton.

A big target man is only about goals it's the link up play
Dele Adebola on 10:15 - Aug 8 with 1148 viewsSuddenLad

Dele Adebola on 10:11 - Aug 8 by gigger

I,d be quite happy if I was you lot on 5 points..........1/ he's a decent name striker.2/ he's been there and done it and worn the t-shirt 3/ think he will add 10 goals + even if it's from the bench 4/ he's not a scouser 5/ he's not ex accy !!

4 out of 5 ain't bad.

"Born in Lagos, Nigeria but brought up in Liverpool from a young age"

As near scouse as is necessary to be a Dale recruit. !!

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Dele Adebola on 10:17 - Aug 8 with 1136 viewsSandy_Lane

Dele Adebola on 10:15 - Aug 8 by SuddenLad

4 out of 5 ain't bad.

They need to be scouse so they can understand what JC is saying as the club won't stump up for an interpreter!
Dele Adebola on 10:33 - Aug 8 with 1110 viewsgigger

Dele Adebola on 10:15 - Aug 8 by SuddenLad

4 out of 5 ain't bad.

Oh no didn't know that!!!! What a bad signing..

What's happened to kel ???

Login to get fewer ads

Dele Adebola on 11:31 - Aug 8 with 998 viewsSalwaDale

Dele Adebola on 10:02 - Aug 8 by Morden

Lol, sausage fingers on a small phone, not a great combination for typing.

TBBT

Dele Adebola on 11:54 - Aug 8 with 960 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Actually an impressive signing and not a deadline day panic buy like barnes-homer were hope we get in top 10 now with our current Strike Force and Bulked Up Defense lets begin with a win against Yorkshire Dingles

JOHN COLEMAN'S BARMY ARMY (8)

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Dele Adebola on 18:34 - Aug 8 with 727 viewsTomRAFC

we have been crying out for a target man.

if adebola is willing to show a high work rate then his experience could be a serious asset.

a couple of wingers and we just might be ready

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Dele Adebola on 08:28 - Aug 9 with 592 viewsBarryStrange

Can't believe some of you are complaining about the signing to be honest.

Loads of experience, decent strike rate, and big and nasty enough to be a problem for L2 defences. Gives you something different, I think that's a very good signing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024