Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
millwall/blackburn v wigan 18:45 - Mar 10 with 1317 viewsHollowayRanger

fa cup semi final at wembly

and a final for one of them to enjoy

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

millwall/blackburn v wigan on 18:47 - Mar 10 with 1312 viewsKendo_Nagasaki

and?

Psycho killer Qu'est-ce que c'est?

millwall/blackburn v wigan on 18:50 - Mar 10 with 1278 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Good. Wigan in the final, rest some players , mind focused on it , lose premier league games

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

millwall/blackburn v wigan on 18:52 - Mar 10 with 1276 viewsLimehouseR

If Blackburn get through, it will be them and Wigan making a massive trip down to London for a semi final. If Manchester United get through it will be them and City making the same trip.
Any thought for the fans?

This Wembley semi-final business (I suppose that's what it is these days) is a joke. Why not play both games a bit closer for the sake of the paying supporters?
millwall/blackburn v wigan on 19:00 - Mar 10 with 1239 viewsRANGERS4EVER

millwall/blackburn v wigan on 18:52 - Mar 10 by LimehouseR

If Blackburn get through, it will be them and Wigan making a massive trip down to London for a semi final. If Manchester United get through it will be them and City making the same trip.

This Wembley semi-final business (I suppose that's what it is these days) is a joke. Why not play both games a bit closer for the sake of the paying supporters?

I'm sure Wigan and Blackburn would not care. Every fan wants a trip to Wembley and this gives them a chance to go without having to get to the final. They will love the day I actually think they would prefer to go to Wembley than somewhere else. I do not see the problem IMO

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

millwall/blackburn v wigan on 19:00 - Mar 10 with 1241 viewsHayesender

Wigan v Blackburn or Millwall will leave an awful lot of unsold seats imo

Poll: Shamima Beghum

millwall/blackburn v wigan on 19:10 - Mar 10 with 1216 viewsLimehouseR

millwall/blackburn v wigan on 19:00 - Mar 10 by RANGERS4EVER

I'm sure Wigan and Blackburn would not care. Every fan wants a trip to Wembley and this gives them a chance to go without having to get to the final. They will love the day I actually think they would prefer to go to Wembley than somewhere else. I do not see the problem IMO

If you asked both sets of fans whether they would want to see the game at Wembley or a few miles down the road at Old Trafford I imagine there would be an overwhelming percentage voting for the latter.
millwall/blackburn v wigan on 19:13 - Mar 10 with 1200 viewsTW_R

millwall/blackburn v wigan on 18:50 - Mar 10 by RANGERS4EVER

Good. Wigan in the final, rest some players , mind focused on it , lose premier league games

Yep. Hope they win the semi after a replay and extra time.
millwall/blackburn v wigan on 19:17 - Mar 10 with 1193 viewscheeseydane

Which ever of those three get to the final, it will be a bit...oh, we were here a couple of weeks ago.

Having a semi final at Wembley just detracts from the experience of the final itself. No wonder its a waning competition.

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

Login to get fewer ads

millwall/blackburn v wigan on 19:23 - Mar 10 with 1179 viewsTearsOfaClown

millwall/blackburn v wigan on 18:52 - Mar 10 by LimehouseR

Fans have no connection to matches other than a source of easy money. The FA do not care about fans and never will.

and as long as they keep paying up the FA will keep cocking up.

Same applies to clubs.
millwall/blackburn v wigan on 19:32 - Mar 10 with 1144 viewsTacticalR

millwall/blackburn v wigan on 19:10 - Mar 10 by LimehouseR

If you asked both sets of fans whether they would want to see the game at Wembley or a few miles down the road at Old Trafford I imagine there would be an overwhelming percentage voting for the latter.

If it is Man Utd vs Man City, would the Man City fans really want the semi-final held at Old Trafford?

The grounds that used to serve as semi-final grounds like Villa Park and Hillsborough both have a 40,000 capacity which seems too small for Man Utd vs Man City (although might do for Millwall/Blackburn vs Wigan).

I hope Wigan get through, otherwise the final could be another non-event like the Swansea/Bradford final.

Air hostess clique

millwall/blackburn v wigan on 19:43 - Mar 10 with 1113 viewsLimehouseR

millwall/blackburn v wigan on 19:32 - Mar 10 by TacticalR

If it is Man Utd vs Man City, would the Man City fans really want the semi-final held at Old Trafford?

The grounds that used to serve as semi-final grounds like Villa Park and Hillsborough both have a 40,000 capacity which seems too small for Man Utd vs Man City (although might do for Millwall/Blackburn vs Wigan).

I hope Wigan get through, otherwise the final could be another non-event like the Swansea/Bradford final.

Well obviously that tie could be played at another place such as Anfield or Villa Park. Play it at a venue in accordance to how the ties have come about and it makes a lot more sense.
What do I know anyway, I'm no businessman.
millwall/blackburn v wigan on 20:15 - Mar 10 with 1051 viewsthemodfather

millwall/blackburn v wigan on 19:43 - Mar 10 by LimehouseR

Well obviously that tie could be played at another place such as Anfield or Villa Park. Play it at a venue in accordance to how the ties have come about and it makes a lot more sense.
What do I know anyway, I'm no businessman.

well we'll see cos the jubilee line management suggested , after ALL THE TROUBLE last time millwall played at wembley, they wouldn't run trains if they get there again!!
be interesting....
millwall/blackburn v wigan on 21:20 - Mar 10 with 963 viewsShotKneesHoop

millwall/blackburn v wigan on 20:15 - Mar 10 by themodfather

well we'll see cos the jubilee line management suggested , after ALL THE TROUBLE last time millwall played at wembley, they wouldn't run trains if they get there again!!
be interesting....

Surely, as Rail Union chief, Bob Crowe could put a stop to any trouble on the Tube.

Will Crowe blame Transport For London for not running enough Jubilee line trains on time? Or will he lay all the blame for any trouble on Millwall fans?

Ooops, sorry, he's the paid up leader of that bunch too.

Looks like it's going to be someone else's fault again.

Is this game going to clash with any R's transportation issues?

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

millwall/blackburn v wigan on 21:32 - Mar 10 with 940 viewsWestActon

For me Wembley is the only stadium big enough to hold a Manchester Semi
millwall/blackburn v wigan on 21:53 - Mar 10 with 901 viewsBAWHoops

Say it's a Man u v Man City semi and Wigan v Blackburn in the other one.

You could play the Manchester derby where?.... Anfield? Villa Park? St. James' Park?
It's a shorter journey yes but I'm sure the fans would rather be at the game, due to more tickets being available at a Wembley semi final, than not.

Obv Wigan v Blackburn would be at Old Trafford... but it's not exactly a special day out is it. They go to OT all the time. I'm sure a 4 hour car journey and actually getting to see the match is far better than not going at all.

Ask yourself this... If QPR v Sunderland was an FA Cup semi final would you as a fan rather potentially not get a ticket and go to Villa Park... or have a higher chance of seeing the game and get to see QPR at Wembley?

I actually think this issue of Wembley semi finals is irrelevant. It's a day out and more people get to go... what's the problem with that?

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

millwall/blackburn v wigan on 22:22 - Mar 10 with 864 viewsHollowayRanger

HOW ABOUT using this for the semis the millenium stadium

and this, wembley just for the final and keep it special

sadly the fa have made wembley less and less special
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

millwall/blackburn v wigan on 22:39 - Mar 10 with 835 viewsTacticalR

The Millennium Stadium doesn't answer LimehouseR's point that fans from the northwest would have to go on a major journey to get to the ground (to see two teams from the northwest if it's Man Utd and Man City).

Air hostess clique

millwall/blackburn v wigan on 10:43 - Mar 11 with 735 viewsMerthyrHoop

millwall/blackburn v wigan on 19:00 - Mar 10 by Hayesender

Wigan v Blackburn or Millwall will leave an awful lot of unsold seats imo

Don't know if Wigan's fan base likely to be any bigger this time round, but I was at this game in 1999 when they took a pretty pathetic 8,000

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999_Football_League_Trophy_Final
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024