Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
paramedics in the Sandy 22:58 - Mar 19 with 3090 viewssmudger

What happened in the sandy this evening. The paramedics seemed to be there a while. Saw him stretchered off but he was sat up so I don't think it was anything too serious.
paramedics in the Sandy on 23:07 - Mar 19 with 3028 viewssandylaner1

popcorn v tazzy ?????
paramedics in the Sandy on 23:08 - Mar 19 with 2997 viewssweetcorn

Someone fainted when they saw donnelly score.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

paramedics in the Sandy on 23:26 - Mar 19 with 2923 viewsRoChDaLe

someone had an fit of some sort and as he fell he very badly banged his head `

how is anthony elding still in league one?

paramedics in the Sandy on 23:34 - Mar 19 with 2879 viewsPops2

I heard they got a call for a bloke who looked like he had smashed his head on the floor. Problem they had was working out who it was.
paramedics in the Sandy on 23:39 - Mar 19 with 2864 viewssandylaner1

paramedics in the Sandy on 23:34 - Mar 19 by Pops2

I heard they got a call for a bloke who looked like he had smashed his head on the floor. Problem they had was working out who it was.

paramedics in the Sandy on 00:19 - Mar 20 with 2791 viewsRoChDaLe

paramedics in the Sandy on 23:39 - Mar 19 by sandylaner1

why are you and your gifs just so hilarious

how is anthony elding still in league one?

paramedics in the Sandy on 01:32 - Mar 20 with 2737 viewsShun

So much lolage in this thread.

Hope the guy's ok, though.
paramedics in the Sandy on 01:46 - Mar 20 with 2729 viewssandylaner1

paramedics in the Sandy on 00:19 - Mar 20 by RoChDaLe

why are you and your gifs just so hilarious

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Login to get fewer ads

paramedics in the Sandy on 06:48 - Mar 20 with 2664 viewsNinco

Heard the supervising steward ask the fire steward to take charge because he couldn't cope with it. Why apply for the supervisor's job if you fall to pieces at the first sign of a problem?
paramedics in the Sandy (n/t) on 07:46 - Mar 20 with 2561 viewsStatzdale

paramedics in the Sandy on 06:48 - Mar 20 by Ninco

Heard the supervising steward ask the fire steward to take charge because he couldn't cope with it. Why apply for the supervisor's job if you fall to pieces at the first sign of a problem?

paramedics in the Sandy on 07:47 - Mar 20 with 2584 viewsmodelboydave

The bloke stood next to me said he had a fit, apparently he went to school with the guy and he suffered from epilepsy at school, he's a season ticket holder, hope everything is ok.

Poll: Attention man united fans - who do you want to win the premier league?

paramedics in the Sandy on 09:30 - Mar 20 with 2460 viewsMetrodale

paramedics in the Sandy on 06:48 - Mar 20 by Ninco

I approached the supervisor and asked the very same question as you ninco , he took me to one side and explained that the fire steward was dealing with it , as he had to brief the paramedics on arrival , await the ambulance plus ensuring the smooth running of the remaining parts of the stand and also keeping match control up to date with information , also as it was near half time he had to keep the gates clear when the ambulance arrived.

I was more than happy with the situation after he had explained it to me.

But thinking about it over a pint afterwards , there were fans who knew what they were doing in comforting the casualty until the paramedics arrived , plus there were also several other members of the stewarding team in attendance so why interfere when the situation was bieng handled perfectly well without him ?

Plus , how do you know the supervisor could not cope . did you ask him ?.

He has been supervisor on Sandy for a number of years now and it always runs like clockwork , and gets on well with us fans , he does not suddenly become a bad supervisor

I think the supervisor and all the stewards coped very well , but I am probably in a majority of one

Instead of having a go at the stewards which some supporters seem to take great pleasure in doing , we should be glad the incident was dealt with , the casualty was safely taken to hospital and hoping the casualty is ok and he will be back with us soon
paramedics in the Sandy on 18:32 - Mar 20 with 2164 viewsNinco

paramedics in the Sandy on 09:30 - Mar 20 by Metrodale

I approached the supervisor and asked the very same question as you ninco , he took me to one side and explained that the fire steward was dealing with it , as he had to brief the paramedics on arrival , await the ambulance plus ensuring the smooth running of the remaining parts of the stand and also keeping match control up to date with information , also as it was near half time he had to keep the gates clear when the ambulance arrived.

I was more than happy with the situation after he had explained it to me.

But thinking about it over a pint afterwards , there were fans who knew what they were doing in comforting the casualty until the paramedics arrived , plus there were also several other members of the stewarding team in attendance so why interfere when the situation was bieng handled perfectly well without him ?

Plus , how do you know the supervisor could not cope . did you ask him ?.

He has been supervisor on Sandy for a number of years now and it always runs like clockwork , and gets on well with us fans , he does not suddenly become a bad supervisor

I think the supervisor and all the stewards coped very well , but I am probably in a majority of one

Instead of having a go at the stewards which some supporters seem to take great pleasure in doing , we should be glad the incident was dealt with , the casualty was safely taken to hospital and hoping the casualty is ok and he will be back with us soon

I wasn't having a go at him.

As for how I know he couldn't cope, as I said in my original post, I heard him telling the fire steward to take charge as he couldn't cope. I never said at any point in my post that I thought this incident or the stewarding as a whole was run badly. Just that I was surprised that a supervisor should hand control over to a junior employee. You automatically think that a leader would be trained to handle these situations.

paramedics in the Sandy on 18:39 - Mar 20 with 2146 viewsSuddenLad

paramedics in the Sandy on 18:32 - Mar 20 by Ninco

As for how I know he couldn't cope, as I said in my original post, I heard him telling the fire steward to take charge as he couldn't cope. I never said at any point in my post that I thought this incident or the stewarding as a whole was run badly. Just that I was surprised that a supervisor should hand control over to a junior employee. You automatically think that a leader would be trained to handle these situations.

It's called delegation.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

paramedics in the Sandy on 19:20 - Mar 20 with 2082 viewsMoonyDale

As a senior steward there is only so much that you can do, If you have to pass certain tasks to others because you have other things to co-ordinate and assess, I am sure that everything was done as it should have been with first St John's then the medical staff on hand to do their jobs. The stewards job was to relay information and brief those that needed to know, what was going on. Leave the medical procedures to the professionals and the rest will be sorted by the steward...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

paramedics in the Sandy (n/t) on 19:20 - Mar 20 with 2081 viewsSuddenLad

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

paramedics in the Sandy on 19:24 - Mar 20 with 2071 views442Dale

On the subject of stewarding, has there been a change in rules about away fans being allowed to stand? Not even noticed any attempts to make them sit down recently and haven't heard if any stories about any getting chucked out while going for a pie.

It's a good thing if the away following is small, but it begs the question why it happened in the past.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024