Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Released list... 16:12 - Apr 26 with 7961 viewsRochdale_Matt

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/releasedlist2013-793506.aspx

No real surprises...
Released list... on 11:12 - Apr 27 with 1264 viewsolympicdale

There really isnt many surprises in that list to be perfectly honest, the biggest shock for me personally I think was Mcintyre. He seems to have responded amicably to having someone like Rose in competition for his spot, and as such, has upped his performances, could have been a handy squad player.

Grimes going isn't a surprise, his stats have been shocking for us given his talent. I hope he looks back at his career and thinks 'I could have done much more' .I want him to go and make a success of his next club, but I would guess that his attitude has led him to being released, more that his footballing ability. If hill feels he wont be pulling in the right direction, you'd have to question who could, given Hills track record with strikers in the lower leagues.

Our main priority has to be getting Hendo signed up, alongside Jk, and possibly Phil Edwards. I have been pleasantly surprised of the impact Rose has made since he's come in to the side, and his crossing, and set piece ability have been a bonus. I would be happy to keep any of the players who will hopefully be offered new deals, for next season, and as much as 2 months ago it seemed like they could all go, but Hill has managed to galvanise the lot of them into team rochdale act 2, they are all buying in to what he wants.

I would guess that the wages saved by Gornell/Grimes, and maybe Dele, though I'm not too sure what the situation was with him. Saving maybe 3 grand in wages for Grimes and Gornell will probably go someway towards paying for a contract for Jk and SCS, what is his contract situation at Preston?

All in all, no real surprises with regards to the teams long term prospects, and I trust Hill 100% to bring in the right replacements, the future looks bright and much more positive from the fans point of view.

Life is a game of fate.

Released list... on 11:19 - Apr 27 with 1241 viewsColDale

Released list... on 11:12 - Apr 27 by olympicdale

There really isnt many surprises in that list to be perfectly honest, the biggest shock for me personally I think was Mcintyre. He seems to have responded amicably to having someone like Rose in competition for his spot, and as such, has upped his performances, could have been a handy squad player.

Grimes going isn't a surprise, his stats have been shocking for us given his talent. I hope he looks back at his career and thinks 'I could have done much more' .I want him to go and make a success of his next club, but I would guess that his attitude has led him to being released, more that his footballing ability. If hill feels he wont be pulling in the right direction, you'd have to question who could, given Hills track record with strikers in the lower leagues.

Our main priority has to be getting Hendo signed up, alongside Jk, and possibly Phil Edwards. I have been pleasantly surprised of the impact Rose has made since he's come in to the side, and his crossing, and set piece ability have been a bonus. I would be happy to keep any of the players who will hopefully be offered new deals, for next season, and as much as 2 months ago it seemed like they could all go, but Hill has managed to galvanise the lot of them into team rochdale act 2, they are all buying in to what he wants.

I would guess that the wages saved by Gornell/Grimes, and maybe Dele, though I'm not too sure what the situation was with him. Saving maybe 3 grand in wages for Grimes and Gornell will probably go someway towards paying for a contract for Jk and SCS, what is his contract situation at Preston?

All in all, no real surprises with regards to the teams long term prospects, and I trust Hill 100% to bring in the right replacements, the future looks bright and much more positive from the fans point of view.

McIntyre has done well (especially since the Northampton nightmare) but he's 36 later this year, so he's hardly likely to improve with another year on his legs, and we've got a young left back who's just been given a pro contract.
Released list... on 11:23 - Apr 27 with 1230 viewsChaffRAFC

Released list... on 21:07 - Apr 26 by ColDale

Acc to Wiki which I know is never the most reliable, Watson and Minihan both signed two year deals in the Summer of 2012

It's difficult because the archive bit of the Official Site doesn't seem to stretch back as far as last summer but I've got them down as both signing ONE year deals last summer. Outside chance that could have been a guess for the purpose of research but just had that confirmed by someone at the club but they didn't know whether they'd been released or not.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Released list... on 11:51 - Apr 27 with 1183 viewsD_Dale

Released list... on 11:12 - Apr 27 by olympicdale

McIntyre is a classic lower divisions journeyman player, with over 500 league appearances. But he is 35 and can't be expected to improve. Someone to thank for his efforts - with particular mention of that winning goal at Rotherham - and hope he has a couple more seasons, probably in the Conference.

Grimes, now 26, is at risk of soon passing from a player with potential to one who never made the grade. He never got a senior game at Man City, managed only a handful of games at Millwall, had a purple patch on loan at Lincoln, but hasn't done a lot in two seasons at Spotland. Yet he has scored a few good goals and goalscorers are so scarce that there'll be at least one L1 or L2 manager who thinks he can sort him out.

Gornell, at 23 and with a few goals on his c.v., has possibly already fixed up another club. It wouldn't surprise me if he ended up somewhere like Tranmere. He might have made a potential squad member for next season, but if KH thinks otherwise I've no issues with that.

Issuing a retain list before the end of the season implies KH is keen to get things moving, though as players' contracts run until 30 June it's unlikely there'll be many firm signings in the next few weeks.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024